PDA

View Full Version : Just how bad am I?

Sc00by
16-10-02, 11:57 AM
For a giggle I hooked up to one of UK2's beginner servers last night, playing seige (i think it's seige - the one with the house and the tunnel?) anyway the point is that I managed the lofty heights of 1-7 at one (low) point. :oops:

This after I thought I was starting to get good at the poxy game!
Especially after that 9-0 performance in the 3 on 3, which surprised everyone, especially me 8)

Damn!

McBain
16-10-02, 12:01 PM
Especially after that 9-0 performance in the 3 on 3, which surprised everyone, especially me 8)

I'm sure I loosened them up for you, on my way to an embarrasing 2 and 5 :smokin:

Waster
17-10-02, 08:47 AM
I feel ashamed to have lost 4 rounds.

Even if it was on Dust...:D

McBain
17-10-02, 03:49 PM
Lol, so you should!

To be fair though, I think those 6 rounds as CT are about the best a CoF team has every played...we had tactics and everything 8)

wintermute
19-10-02, 04:51 PM
We always have tactics, we just don't usually use them...

Turk
22-10-02, 09:06 AM
For a giggle I hooked up to one of UK2's beginner servers last night, playing seige (i think it's seige - the one with the house and the tunnel?) anyway the point is that I managed the lofty heights of 1-7 at one (low) point. :oops:

This after I thought I was starting to get good at the poxy game!

Damn!

hehe, I wouldn't pay any attention, the beginners servers really aren't any easier than the regular servers, sounds to me like you were playing militia, not seige, either way both maos are quite T biased. UK2 is full of frag whores, so there are rarely balanced teams, I wouldn't worry about your CS skills, (unless of course you let waster kill you)...

in which case, worry hard !

Waster
22-10-02, 09:15 AM
Shut it you tart. At least I'm man enough to attend the event and not have to take my girlfriend shopping for the day....:D

Sc00by
22-10-02, 09:16 AM
Yeah you are right it was militia, for some reason I get the names of those 2 mixed up...

Fortunatly I wasn't killed by waster (who wasn't on the server) so it wasn't that bad :)

I kept getting shot by camping bastards who would shoot half the CT force by hiding somewhere silly and then would run round with a knife so that people would kill them so that they didn't get booted for being too good...

UK2 Guys you need to sort that out, cos getting killed by guys who are obviously not N00Bs is a bit of a downer, especially if you are actually a N00b!

Waster
22-10-02, 09:18 AM
Age old problem tbh, I don't think the admins are gonna sort it...:D

McBain
22-10-02, 04:13 PM
I have to admit to hitting a beginner server once in a while to raise my spirits, problems is when you get battered is has the effect of dropping you deeper into the depths of which you were trying to get out :cry:

Other times of course, you do things like this (http://cs.andycr.com/files/assault.avi) :smokin:
If I do have a good round like that, I leave afterwards to let the noobs continue to practice :)

Sc00by
22-10-02, 08:26 PM
Other times of course, you do things like this (http://cs.andycr.com/files/assauly.avi) :smokin:

Like what? I got a 404 on that link... :(

Sc00by
22-10-02, 08:29 PM
Other times of course, you do things like this (http://cs.andycr.com/files/assault.avi) :smokin:

Though that might work...

McBain
22-10-02, 09:01 PM
Lol, sorry, typo on the link :roll:

ryu`
23-10-02, 06:33 PM
kensai | onshuu use to go on them to get banned :P

So i wouldn't say they were beginner servers :)

Sc00by
24-10-02, 11:19 AM
kensai | onshuu use to go on them to get banned

Now that's really scary...

can you imagine? It's the first time you've played CS online, you think you've worked out how you aim and fire, all of a sudden your head explodes and you get to watch a lot of other people run around for 5 minutes before repeating the process again and again...

Sc00by
26-10-02, 12:10 AM
Age old problem tbh, I don't think the admins are gonna sort it...:D

How come I've just been kicked for going 12/11 over 13 rounds?

is there a maximum number of kills or something?

:(

Bugger

McBain
28-10-02, 09:35 AM
Yeah, 12 is the maximum, or you can get booted for getting too many kills to quick (speed trap).

This might have got me busted in a speed trap... :lol:

http://cs.andycr.com/pics/survivor.jpg

...but it wasn't a UK2 server :P I think it was a BY server perhaps, playing with...I think Re4per...or was it Re||ik..or probably both :)

DarkSoulja
10-12-02, 09:29 AM
hm, thats true in a sense, but i learnt to play cs by going in the hardest server i could find and trying hard... when i died i would watch then (good) people, and find out how they acuallt do good... Also playing till 6 am helped :) but thats not a good idea if u have work the next day.

Sc00by
11-12-02, 04:58 PM
when i died i would watch then (good) people, and find out how they acuallt do good...

I too have done that, but I've come to the conclusion that no matter how much I play now I'm not going to get much better, my reactions aren't what they used to be in the days when I was racking up high scores on R-Type and the like :(

Also playing till 6 am helped :) but thats not a good idea if u have work the next day.

That just makes work the next day 'interesting'... you can play games like 'can I fall asleep in the meeting without anyone noticing' and 'is it possible to sleep standing up, whilst holding a conversation with out anyone getting suspicious'

Oh the glory days of youth when I COULD play 'till 6AM and still put in a productive day at work the next day

Getting old sucks

McBain
11-12-02, 05:09 PM
I've come to the conclusion that no matter how much I play now I'm not going to get much better, my reactions aren't what they used to be in the days when I was racking up high scores on R-Type and the like :(

I dunno, reactions are only a part of it. If you can get to know maps, build some good tactics (especially team related) I think there is always room for improvement.

Sc00by
11-12-02, 05:20 PM
If you can get to know maps, build some good tactics (especially team related) I think there is always room for improvement.

Yes, all true, but it's nice to have an excuse when you're as bad at CS as I am :lol:

Though I pretty much always lose those mad panic 'Oh christ the guy has just appeared in front of me ARRGGGGHHH!' type shoot outs.

Knowing the map is a major plus for sure and knowing where the rest of your team is on the map is even better, but sometimes it boils down to how fast you can get the Xhair on the other blokes head and pull the trigger...

McBain
11-12-02, 05:28 PM
I think the two things you mentioned are related though. The mad panic of seeing someone and getting the crosshair on their head.

It is sometimes suprising how much time you have to aim if you just take your time and get it right. If your lucky, they are in a mad panic and are shooting all round the wall behind you.

Of course, you do come up against those peopel that take your head of in a split second...in which case, you probably didn't have a chance in the first place, panicing still wont help :)

DarkSoulja
11-12-02, 10:29 PM
Sooo true. Running around with the crosshair at head hight always seems to help me (usually better with m4) and with a high power recoil gun like the ak, you should aim for the lower chest or maybe just above it. Best thing to do is ask GS*Hitman on January the 18th, he was the headshot master, know what i mean guv'nor

wintermute
14-12-02, 07:09 PM
If your lucky, they are in a mad panic and are shooting all round the wall behind you.

You mean the other person could be Briktopp and you just need to get the hostages home to win? ;)

Sc00by
15-12-02, 12:03 AM
You mean the other person could be Briktopp and you just need to get the hostages home to win? ;)

Then again there could be 2 of them and you could get time to shoot one reload and then shoot the other whilst standing right in front of both of them...

:P