PDA

View Full Version : Lanarchy 15

Mincemeat
18-01-04, 09:45 PM
Hi guys. its been a loong time since we have talked about lanning. So my question is: When and where, is the next lan likely to take place. I dont mean to disturb all of your start wars posts, but i was just wondering. Thanks

:D

McBain
18-01-04, 11:05 PM
It is likely to be the very last weekend in February, but firm plans aren't in place just yet. :?

We'll try and get something more definite soon.

Cass
02-02-04, 10:29 AM
You know you want the next one south of the river !!

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
02-02-04, 10:35 AM
waaay south, like crawley :wink:

Sc00by
02-02-04, 04:11 PM
I'll tell you what... You find us a venue south of the river that won't charge us a fortune and we'll run an event. :!:

Mincemeat
02-02-04, 04:28 PM
I dont mind anywhere..Just do it :)

But if its south of the river, then i will have to rent a pc. Cause last time i almost broke my back (You try carrying a large antec tower, and having to climb those rail station stairs, on a sunday, which has no freakin trains running from clapham jn). :shock: . If there are no rent a pc's i would have to be forced to drive down.

I would prefer the watford location though (St. Marks church).

:twisted:

Mincemeat
02-02-04, 04:30 PM
And no, Chimp, i will not be building a shuttle pc any time soon. (i can read your mind!!!) :lol:

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
02-02-04, 04:35 PM
I'll tell you what... You find us a venue south of the river that won't charge us a fortune and we'll run an event. :!:

define "fortune"

Skavorn
02-02-04, 04:40 PM
anything with an outcome near profit

Sc00by
02-02-04, 05:00 PM
Papa Smurf]define "fortune"

If we charge you guys 15 quid a head and get 40 people to show up then we need to be able to pay for the venue, cover fuel costs and be able to stick a few quid in our own back pockets to have made it all worth while out of the 600 quid.
So say 400-500 tops for the day? And we'd need 40 paying customers to actually show up too which is easier said than done...
Obviously the more the venue charges the more we have to charge so the less people actually show

:(

From our extensive research I can tell you that venues that are large enough to accommodate 40 people and their PCs want more than 400 quid a day, plus there is a HUGE risk on our part as we'd NEED 40 paying customers to show up. Based on previous performance I'd be reluctant to go for it (especially as I've just had to fork out 700 quid to have the front of my car rebuilt and another 750 to replace my cooker... (and another 280 on a new CPU and some memory :) ))

wintermute
02-02-04, 05:04 PM
and another 750 to replace my cooker... (and another 280 on a new CPU and some memory :) ))

If you've got an easily detachable processor fan I can see a way of killing two birds with one stone, so to speak... :P

Seriously, we have attempted a couple of times to organise events with potential costs in excess of

McBain
02-02-04, 07:39 PM
750 to replace my cooker... (and another 280 on a new CPU and some memory :) ))
How much RAM does your cooker have now though? I bet them casseroles take no time! ;)

HUNTER
04-02-04, 02:10 PM
:lol:

need another LANarchy event soon or i may have to organise my own :(

got a nice college coference centre i'm going to be looking in to about renting over a saturday or whatever.