PDA

View Full Version : Starsky & Hutch Movie

McBain
23-02-04, 12:24 PM
Okay...nothing new...but I'm a little confused. My memory isn't that good, but I don't recall Starsky & Hutch as being a comedy? :side:

http://starskyandhutchmovie.warnerbros.com/images/logo2.gif (http://starskyandhutchmovie.warnerbros.com/)

Surely it just wont be right, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson as Starsky & Hutch? :?

Having said that, the trailer does look very funny :)

Slated for a March 19th UK release.

Smokey
23-02-04, 01:54 PM
I saw the trailer a while ago and first impressions reminded me of the Charlie's Angels movies. Which weren't that bad really

wintermute
23-02-04, 10:38 PM
The trailer looked hilarious, I saw it a few weeks ago, more like 'Starsky & Hutch : The Piss Take' than any re-creation of the series. I've seen trailers before where all the funny bits in the 90 minute film were in the 60 second trailer, but I'm hopeful with the presence of Ben Stiller.

Rob

McBain
23-02-04, 10:40 PM
Same here, I quite like Owen Wilson too, after Shanghai Noon etc.

wintermute
12-03-04, 10:41 PM
This film got a fairly good review in Metro - 4/5. Reviewer said they liked how it was totally ironic and yet faithful to the orginal at the same time. And the car was really cool, but the plot was unimportant :)

Rob

McBain
21-03-04, 09:36 AM
Come on, someone must have seen this? :) Any feedback?

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
21-03-04, 10:46 AM
I've seen it, actually agree with the metro review quoted above, though I would be inclinded to give it three rather than four out of five. It's a bit Police Academy (the original thankfully) crossed with the Starsky and Hutch series. Seeing that car in action again left me with a huge grin on my face TBH though :)

gob
25-03-04, 05:44 PM
Just seen it and I agree 3 out of 5. Not as laugh out loud as I had hoped but I smiled all the way through and it was worth a watch. Almost all of the jokes worked and the feel of the whole movie was cool.

:D

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
25-03-04, 06:12 PM
Speaking of jokes working/not working, did anyone when you saw it get the 'New Coke' gag?

McBain
25-03-04, 10:43 PM
Now don't go giving anything away for those of us that haven't seen it yet :side:

McBain
10-04-04, 07:54 AM
Finally saw the film a couple of nights ago. Very good, would recommend. It won't be close to making it into my top ten films or anything, but well worth a watch, especially if you like Stiller and Owen's work :)

LtTomWoolley]Speaking of jokes working/not working, did anyone when you saw it get the 'New Coke' gag?

Yup :lol: Suprisingly, not many others in the cinema seemed to :roll:

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
10-04-04, 08:00 AM
Nor when I saw it, :roll: Actually, it seemed like it was just me...

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
10-04-04, 09:50 AM
what an absolutely terrible film :crying:

i'd rather have stayed at home and rubbed mustard into my eyeballs :roll: