View Full Version : Star Wars on DVD

06-04-04, 10:53 AM
Some people may already be aware but the original Star Wars trilogy is being released in September.
Play seems to be the cheapest so far

The extras have just been announced here

19-10-04, 10:24 AM
Just wondered if anyone else has got this yet and noticed the new ending to Jedi?

19-10-04, 10:42 AM
I got my hands on it last month , , at first I was a bit sceptical of the ending of Return of the jedi, but Lucas explains in his commentry why he did what he had to replace Sabastian Shaw with Hayden C , the only problem I really had was in star wars : a new hope when greedo shoots first, the editors make Harrison Fords head dodge the blast (as before he never dodge the laser from greedo) well it just looks stupid. I enjoyed the extras esp the behind the scenes of ''the birth of vader''.

19-10-04, 11:48 AM
Defo, the fights in episode 3 are looking good.
I also enjoyed the empire of dream doc which I had already seen on the biography channel, the one on the DVD was longer though.

19-10-04, 11:51 AM
Yeah we've go it. Watched all 3 back to back one afternoon. Unfortunately I can't remember Jedi well enough to know that they had changed the ending.

What's the difference?

19-10-04, 12:05 PM
Basically, when the three jedis (obi wan, luke and anakin) appear as ghosts at the end the 'old' anakin has been changed to Hayden Christensen who plays anakin in episode 2 and 3. if you blinked you would have missed it!

19-10-04, 12:08 PM
I know I cannot waite for the teaser to come out nxt month (according to theforce.net). Ive not watched most of the extras .

as for the 1st banner of episode 3 can be found here http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode3/newspics/epiiibanner.jpg

and The discription of the teaser for episode 3 can be found over here