PDA

View Full Version : L16 Change of Plan - Now Saturday 24th 10am to 10pm

McBain
18-04-04, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately we're going to have to cancel the overnight we had planned for this coming Saturday night. The LAN shop we where going to use informed us today that they will need at least 24 people for the overnight to take place, with staffing costs etc.

With this in mind, we are now trying to book our usual church hall in Watford for one of our usual Saturday 10am to 10pm events. Hopefully this will still be possible for some of you guys (and maybe some who couldn't make the overnight).

We'll try and confirm by Tuesday morning exactly what's happening, but those that have been to a Saturday event before will know what to expect if St Marks is available on Saturday. Anyone that hasn't been to one before, St Marks is only a couple of minutes from the M1 and the M25, meaning its easily accessed from most of London and the Midlands.

We will have 3 computers available for hire (full systems -

Gamith
18-04-04, 06:59 PM
This one I can drive to easily - the problem is that I hope to be picking up my 9800pro that morning (if they manage to get any in) so I won't be there for 10am.

All I have got to work out is how to bring my PC without leaving my desk like a warzone.

TTFN

Simple_Simon
18-04-04, 07:31 PM
I think me and the SEL guys can make that but will have to let you know dueing the week so who knows.

Oh Mcbain if i do go i can pick up the case :D so dont sell it just yet....lol

McBain
18-04-04, 07:48 PM
This one I can drive to easily - the problem is that I hope to be picking up my 9800pro that morning (if they manage to get any in) so I won't be there for 10am.
That would be great. Pick your card up on the way, there will be plenty of help at the event to get it fitted ;) (We also will have the latest Catalyst drivers with us :thumbs: ) Also, I wouldn't worry too much about not being there for 10am. Things often don't really get going until around midday.

I think me and the SEL guys can make that but will have to let you know dueing the week so who knows.

Oh Mcbain if i do go i can pick up the case :D so dont sell it just yet....lol
Excellent, lets just hope we can get the church hall then! Sure, I'll bring the case along :)

Gamith
18-04-04, 08:29 PM
Out of interest my 11 year old daughter would be interested in coming along - what would be the deal with bringing her? I ask this because you may have insurance or whatever issues.

I can't see her getting into the games, but who knows :-)

Hopefully I'll be finding out about the card on Tuesday.

TTFN

McBain
18-04-04, 08:34 PM
Out of interest my 11 year old daughter would be interested in coming along - what would be the deal with bringing her? I ask this because you may have insurance or whatever issues.
Normally we ask for a parent to sign a disclaimer of sorts, if you're there, we can sort it out then. I would just mention, the language can occasionally get a little fruity :side: but I'm sure if there is a young lady present, this would be kept to a minimum :thumbs:

Simple_Simon
18-04-04, 08:41 PM
Seems that this month was the month for new games, what games at the Lan will be played?

Would Battlefield Vietnam replace Battlefield 1942, Counter Stirke Condition Zero replace Counter Strike 1.5 and would UT2004 Onslaught mode be played?

McBain
18-04-04, 09:06 PM
Would Battlefield Vietnam replace Battlefield 1942, Counter Stirke Condition Zero replace Counter Strike 1.5 and would UT2004 Onslaught mode be played?
Can't really answer these until we see what games people have. I think BF:Vietnam is quite likely, CS:CZ doesn't work without an internet connection (not multiplayer anyway) but it will depend on whether UT2004 is an option for those attending as to if it gets played.

Skavorn
18-04-04, 10:33 PM
tbh I like the church ones better, I like using my own equiptment....well located tho (great for lunch-time)

Simple_Simon
18-04-04, 11:20 PM
One more question, Are you guys useing steam for CS?

McBain
19-04-04, 08:01 AM
I don't think we'll be able to. Everyone would need to have already downloaded it all and be logged in I think. One person that isn't/hasn't and it all goes down the pan from what I can tell.

If they released a .exe version of it too, we would be able to :?

Also, I've had an e-mail from the LAN centre this morning saying they will try and raise the extra gamers to do the overnight. If we get St Marks church hall though, it ill go ahead there.

RANCID
19-04-04, 09:04 PM
Unfortunatly I will have to pll out of this, as well as STEVEO, sorry :cry:

McBain
19-04-04, 09:27 PM
Unfortunatly I will have to pll out of this, as well as STEVEO, sorry :cry:
Is that even if it was still overnight at Harrow?

Gamith
20-04-04, 05:36 AM
I'll be there - though I don't have many of the games you guys play, I'll bring what I have along.

TTFN

McBain
20-04-04, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry for all the changes, but we're going to have to go back to the original plan. :roll:

We've not been able to get confirmation from St Marks still, and as the Harrow LAN centre have been able to rustle up a fair few gamers themselves, they are happy to go ahead and host it.

For those that can only make the Watford events, as I mentioned in another thread, make a note of June 19th. We will be trying to get our next event booked in for that date.