PDA

View Full Version : Lanarchy 17 - June 19th - Watford

McBain
11-05-04, 06:11 PM
It's quite a long way off, but we have confirmed with our venue for our next event. We'll be back in Watford at the usual church hall -

http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/venues/stmarks/marks.jpg

Once again it will only be

Mincemeat
11-05-04, 09:26 PM
YEP count me in. finish my exams on the 10th june. This will be a stress buster. :)

-logical- Chimp
12-05-04, 11:48 AM
put me down as a prov, please :D

i'll know nearer the time whats goin on, and whether i can truly make it...

Gamith
12-05-04, 06:36 PM
Count me in - cleared with SO, now I just needs some games other than Half-Life and add-ons.

TTFN

Mincemeat
12-05-04, 06:45 PM
we can always help ya there *cough* ;)

Gamith
12-05-04, 08:03 PM
So far I have the following Half-Life mods:
Counter Strike
Day of Defeat
Deathmatch Classic
Half-life
Opposing Force
Richochet
Team Fortress Classic
Dedicated Server (strange mod that one!) :-)
-------------------------
If there are any others what should I download?

I also have:
Aliens vs Predator
Deus Ex
Halo
NeverWinterNights
Serious Sam 1 & 2
Fary Cry demos 1 and 2

I wouldn't mind trying Call Of Duty.

TTFN

Mincemeat
12-05-04, 08:15 PM
ok. Wmute usually has images of anything we play. But to save time

CS 1.5 (i doubt we will be playing steam)
BF:Veitnam (install this)
BF 1942 (install the game, and the DC0.7f MOD, Interstate 82 mod )
COD
Eracer (if you can find it, else i think Andy will have it)

i think thats it...:)

McBain
12-05-04, 08:51 PM
I think we would like everyone to have both 1.5 and 1.6 really. If we can, we'll have a 1.6 server sorted, but we'll see a bit closer to the time.

The good news is, we can get CS1.5 installed for anyone and everyone for the purposes of the LAN. 1.6 will of course require everyone to have steam accounts and to be fully updated... and not logged off ;)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
13-05-04, 08:13 AM
try dcx instead of dc - we found it more fun.

www.dcxtended.com iirc

-logical- Chimp
13-05-04, 11:30 AM
DCX is indeed a lot better than DC. specially as the choppers are more balanced now - it actually takes 2 people to make the chopper deadly (because the anti-tank missles are gunner controlled, not pilot controlled :p)

Also, if you like RTS games, consider getting Age of Mythology, and its expansion, AoM:Titans.

UT2k4 usually makes a showing, in demo form, to use as filler between other games.

Battlefield:Vietnam is OK, but not essential. personally, i find its networking code is too crap and depressing to bother using. that said, it will hopefully be improved with the soon-to-be-released patch... (believe it when i see the improvement)

#f_mdr
13-05-04, 02:10 PM
Defenitely interested, just confirming if everyone is available. Could be a problem bring computers though :(

McBain
13-05-04, 05:50 PM
We could rent you 2 or 3, see the Aquamark3 (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1553) thread for an idea of their spec. We would need payment in advance for them though...

Mincemeat
19-05-04, 05:31 PM
mmm. Im looking forward to those Bacon Buns Mrs. Scoobs ;)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
20-05-04, 04:48 PM
GJ you put the bacon in that statement mincey ;)

IXL
25-05-04, 06:55 AM
Cheq's in the post fella. . . :)

Strongly recommend DCX ;)

IXL
28-05-04, 09:20 AM
If someone can provide the address (sorry McBain, deleted the PM) of the Venue and any helpful directions, it would be great. I should be able to find it myself, but a few reference pointers would be superb.

Im coming via M25, from Kent.

wintermute
28-05-04, 12:36 PM
http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/venues/stmarks/index.html

Though I'll have to remember and fix that page this weekend :)

Rob

Simple_Simon
01-06-04, 10:25 AM
can you put me and Peter Piper down pls and with two monitors aswell? and BTW what size monitors have you got?

KwAzO
01-06-04, 03:02 PM
I can't go :( but will be able to go to the next one when exams are over :)

-logical- Chimp
01-06-04, 03:17 PM
wint - i take that link you posted is the one that the 'Events' link on the fron t page points to ? cos i was jus gonna mention that its a bit out of date :D

IXL
02-06-04, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the link there Rob... I couldnt seem to find it..... (I think theres a tad too many old posts for past events - but thats not a complaint, just an observation) I was also looking for it within the forum itself, not the main page - which I suppose was a bit daft of me... :oops:

;)

I should find your venue easier now -thanks.

I tell you what, when I arrive I'll try and make notes for you for the M25 bit thats missing, if you like. ;)

Mincemeat
02-06-04, 04:49 PM
o yeh. Exams finished, im ready to rock! i will send cheque soon Mcbain. :)

IXL
08-06-04, 06:43 AM
Have only 2 paid.... so far ? :S

McBain
09-06-04, 04:23 PM
Yeah, so far :( Feel free to help spread the word. I did a little more posting on some forums I know today. Any posting on other gaming forums anyone else knows might help :thumbs:

IXL
10-06-04, 09:03 AM
Ive stickied your post on our forum and asked for an update from some mates on there availability.... Hopefully I can get one to at least make it... fingers crossed. I will let you know as soon as I get a confirmation..

Slippy
13-06-04, 05:52 PM
Hey Guys

Can you add me to this saturdays event

I get to go in Khans Mini YAY :) :) :)

Khan
13-06-04, 05:53 PM
Hi guys,

McBain can u change me to a definate. I'll pay b4 also (should be going to your PayPal account).

Looking forward to it, cya saturday!!

Khan

McBain
13-06-04, 06:06 PM
Excellent news. Will be great to see you both :ele:

Mincemeat
14-06-04, 12:40 PM
OK. im sending my cheque tonight Andy. Also, i will be ordering one of those nice mini fridges, how many cans of beer can they hold mate?

milkdud
14-06-04, 01:37 PM
I am new to lan gaming and your forum and i will like to attend this weekend lan :twisted: is it possible that you can let me in this saturday
and can i pay at the door :twisted:

milkdud11@hotmail.com is my contact email :evil:

wintermute
14-06-04, 09:17 PM
Yes, that's no problem at all. Please be aware the on the door price is

briktopp
14-06-04, 10:20 PM
gonna be training for work :(

might pop along to say hello later on - still havnt sorted out o/s for my pc so that it recognises LAN games

McBain
14-06-04, 10:37 PM
Also, i will be ordering one of those nice mini fridges, how many cans of beer can they hold mate?
Hmm, couldn't be sure. Mine holds 6 x 330ml cans, not sure about 500ml beer cans.

I am new to lan gaming and your forum and i will like to attend this weekend lan :twisted: is it possible that you can let me in this saturday
and can i pay at the door :twisted:

No problem at all :thumbs: Post on here if you have any questions :) At somepoint I'll dig out the link showing directions to the venue.

Also, welcome to our forum :welcome: Are you from the North London area?

IXL
15-06-04, 09:36 PM
Im gunna be there come rain or shine, ;)

However, Ive chased up our Ben, (firebunny) who cant make it really im afraid and I havent heard back from our Jon (S.duck), so its just me fella. I know for a fact that the other members cant make it because we've been trying to plan a LAN for June/July/Aug and knowone is free....

:S

Peter Piper
17-06-04, 10:35 AM
Hi ya Mc Bain, i have a favor or request to ask you. Just out of curiousity would you by any chance happen to have a space Gfx card lying around. The reason i ask is cos i have just managed to find out why my machine keeps crashing and it is due to the gfx. I have just noticed two capacitors are slighty bulged and this normally means they have had it :(. I am really pissed at finding this out but kinda happy that i found the fault.

Anyway the only spare card good enough is my old Geforce II GTS, which i've had to take out of the server. It runs ok in UT2004, TOCA but when you are used to high FPS then nothing else will do. Its also a bummer that it has happened so close to this weekends lan and rather than pull out i'll need a hand. I will be taking the damaged card back to where i go it from and hope it is will repaired or replaced, but that won't be till Sunday after the lan. Then after that i'm not sure when i will get my card back :cry:

So if its possible that you have spare Geforce lying around, i say Geforce or Nvidia as i have the drivers already installed, rather than uninstalling them and replacing them with ATI, then having to replace the ATI back to the Nvidia ones. :shock: Just hope you may be able to help, and if so let us know if you can or what you have.

Will stay tuned to this post to find out. In the meantime see you Saturday. Gonna now try BF/BF V and see what happens :D

Mincemeat
17-06-04, 10:48 AM
o bummer dude. If i had a spare card i would gladly help ya out. But alas i have only one card, my GF4 ti 4200.. Im sure Those tech wizzards (Wint,Scoobs,Mcbain..) May be able to help you.

McBain
17-06-04, 04:34 PM
As it goes, I have a Ti4200 knocking about loose. Are you wanting to buy or borrow?

Peter Piper
17-06-04, 07:30 PM
As it goes, I have a Ti4200 knocking about loose. Are you wanting to buy or borrow?

Just need to borrow, so as i can play with the big boys. I have ordered another card, but have not recieved confirmation. Should be here tommorow, but if i don't get it will you then bring yours. Saturday morning maybe the only time i will know, but we will be on our way by then.

Mincemeat
17-06-04, 08:56 PM
GUYS AN IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR THOSE ATTENDING LANARCHY

We will be playing cs 1.5 as usual. BUT we would like to try out STEAM CS 1.6 (in Offline mode).

SO TO PREPARE FOR SATURDAY:

1)Do your regular system maintenance (I.e Defrag, pack all the games and stuff)
2) Start Steam ONLINE, make sure you have all the updates (retry to get the updates until you have it, update cs as well). Play a game of cs online just to try it
3)THen EXIT Steam (DO NOT EXIT AND LOG OUT, ONLY EXIT).
4) Disconnect from the internet ONLY.
5) START STEAM IN OFFLINE MODE.
6) Try a game of CS On OFFLINE MODE.
7) Your ready, switch off your pc and bring to LAN.

HOPE THIS HELPS

MINCE

ted1ba1r
18-06-04, 12:06 PM
hi please put me down as PROV i am 90% sure i will make it but just incase. i will pay you later today

Mincemeat
18-06-04, 12:10 PM
Hi Dr_X and :wave: :welcome: to the forums. Im sure the Boss (Mcbain) will put you down as soon as he is around (he at work at the mo). Hope to see you there.

PS: Where are u travelling from, Have you been to a Lan before and What games do you play :)

Mince

IXL
18-06-04, 12:21 PM
ok. Wmute usually has images of anything we play. But to save time

BF:Veitnam (install this)
BF 1942 (install the game, and the DC0.7f MOD, Interstate 82 mod )
COD
Eracer (if you can find it, else i think Andy will have it)

i think thats it...:)

CS 1.5 (Np)
BF:Veitnam(Dont have)
BF 1942 (NP)
COD (Dont have)
Eracer (Dont have)

Although I dont have them all, Im sure I'll have a gd time anyway. :)

IXL
18-06-04, 12:23 PM
PS, Steam is a doddle. Although the DS for it is a little touchy ive found in offline mode since the last 2 updates....

Mincemeat
18-06-04, 12:34 PM
np. We have all the *cough* games. you dont need to worry

McBain
18-06-04, 08:47 PM
I'm currently having trouble getting the CS DS to install properly, meaning we might need to run as a listen server from one of our machines tomorrow. Having another go now, hopefully all will be okay :)

It reminds me though, don't forget to 'Exit' (but not 'Exit and Logout'), then disconnect from the internet and check you can start CS in 'offline mode' :thumbs:

HUNTER
19-06-04, 07:17 AM
have a good day all :)

McBain
19-06-04, 10:31 PM
We did :thumbs:

Thanks to all those that came. Was great to meet IXL and Gamith in the flesh, and of course great to see Slippy & Khan and the south London SEL crew :)

Tbh, I think I enjoyed the UT2004 the most today. Playing invasion right at the end was a great laugh :lol:

Gamith
20-06-04, 07:49 AM
Yep - a good time was had by me :-)

The invasion was rather good fun, especially the last one since there were enough of us to do a proper defence.

Need to sort out my disappearing IDE devices though - I suspect a power supply/cable set are the next things to try.

TTFN

IXL
20-06-04, 07:58 AM
My thanks go to everyone and esp Andy and Rob for all your efforts. :)

It was a great day and despite my PC issue, (which I'll look at later) I still had a good time. Thanks for the loan of the laptop :)

I'll post me photos later when I get some time...

Really hope any of you can make my LAN in September, it'd be great to see you all again...

Thanks again...

McBain
20-06-04, 07:58 AM
Hey, I see IXL is back online :thumbs: I presume that means you sorted your PC mate?

**EDIT** Okay, I posted at the same time :lol:

So you on a different PC at the moment then? Let us know how you get on with your broken one :(

IXL
20-06-04, 08:08 AM
No and Yeah. Not sorted, on a different PC fella. I hope to look at it this afternoon, but got Fathers day stuff n gardening to do... :S

As soon as I sort it, one way or another, I'll let you know.

Khan
20-06-04, 08:50 AM
Thanks very much guys, I had a great time yesturday!!

Khan

Peter Piper
20-06-04, 04:07 PM
Hi all and thanks for yesterday it was great. Have missed a few Lanarchy Lans recently and yesterday made up for it. Nice to meet everyone as well especially Gamith, Slippy and IXL and not forgetting Mincemeat (who actually made mincemeat out of me in BF V). It was nice to see the rest of you guys as well. Hope you sort your machine out IXL.

Invasion was awesome but a shame we all couldn't wait longer enough to see how far we could get, but we all done well - impressive. Seems like Invasion might make a place in future lans :D

Thanks for the use of the monitors and the organisation was faultless as usually. We are still learning from you :)

Well done Lanarchy, another successful Lan to notch up :thumbs:

Slippy
20-06-04, 06:29 PM
Thanks for a good day
was great to see every1

Mincemeat
20-06-04, 09:45 PM
Wow. Thanks Lanarchy for another succesful Lan. It was nice to meet everyone again after a huge gap. Was also nice to meet a few new faces, such as IXL, Gamith and Dr. X.

All in all, it was brilliant, even though My ZA kept my network connection messed up and IXL's pc got wasted (hope u have luck with that dude).

Gamith: Get a NEw power supply man. If you have the dosh, get an antec.

SEL: Nice to meet/Play and Kill you guys.

UKLANS: Too bad you had to leave early, but nice fragging ya!

HOpe to see you all (and more) at the next one

Mince :)

IXL
21-06-04, 07:06 AM
PC is sorted by the way.....

I pist about with out for about 2 hours and im pretty convinced it was the regestry.... All very very odd.

In the end I cut my losses and formatted the C partition and Ive reinstalled and all is pucker. All my other partitions are fine as well and I managed to install UT and COD fine yesterday with DT. I'll keep my eye on it, but Iv had no issues since. It must not of liked the uninstall of DT 3.1X (cant recall which version I had) and install of the latter one which was 3.44 I think..

I also managed to save my game saves for Farcry which helped... Im sure ive nearly finished it... :D

Anyway... I played UT4 for the first time (apart from Demo at OLSC Lan) last night and gotta say its a fab game... wish I managed to play with you... Its another must for my lan me thinks :)

Mincemeat
21-06-04, 08:09 AM
o well, at least its not a hardware fault, and its all sorted now. Dont do it again!. although, I am still bemused, as to how deleting and instaling DT can screw up the registry, and then freeze the windows Install loading menu..?

IXL
21-06-04, 09:01 AM
I agree. TBH the version I had was running OK because I was running Farcry with it... it wasnt until I added additional drives for COD that it started having a fit. So I uninstalled DT and then installed the latter DT. Then I laid my pc to [RIP]....

The thing is, that I didnt do anything wrong. Ive been building PC's since I was about 12 (2 years ago - lol ) and know pretty much what Im doing.. so im baffled too.

Im about to upload the piccy's I took (Un-edited) I have about 12-15. I wanted to add some cheeky comments to them but I havent time atm.

I'll up load them on my forum (its quicker for me)

Mincemeat
21-06-04, 09:11 AM
ok. I will check it out m8

IXL
21-06-04, 09:12 AM
Heres the direct link to the post. (you may need to reg)

SAY CHEESE (http://www.ixl-uk.com/BB/viewtopic.php?t=385)

Mincemeat
21-06-04, 09:14 AM
it better not be any bad pics of me, or Ill delete your registry!! :0 Registering on the fourms now..

Mincemeat
21-06-04, 09:16 AM
activate me damnit!

IXL
21-06-04, 09:22 AM
Calm down dear, its just a forum... lol

Both SS and yourself are done... :)

PS, I'll post the better of the lot here asap. :D

Mincemeat
21-06-04, 09:24 AM
Oo > thankyou Mr administrator sir.! Cant wait for the pics ( You are envoking sensorship of the bad bits arent you? )..Cheers

Mincemeat
21-06-04, 09:31 AM
noooo...I want plastic surgery, and a new haricut!..:s

HUNTER
21-06-04, 10:54 AM
i want pics!

IXL
21-06-04, 10:58 AM
lol Mince....

Think yourself lucky, im not even in a piccy. :(

Did anyone get any screen shots during ingame?

Simple_Simon
21-06-04, 12:43 PM
I took one of Mcbain's big head when playing UT2004

Gamith
21-06-04, 02:07 PM
I (should have) taken some of the UT2004 match when I was dead - I'll try and remember to check tonight.

TTFN

McBain
21-06-04, 07:44 PM
I got a few screenies from UT2004, I'll get a few of those up with the actual LAN photo's (I'm sure you'll be in some of those IXL ;) ) when I get back to London, probably some time tomorrow (up in Leicester today having teeth pulled out and stuff :roll: )

Gamith
21-06-04, 08:37 PM
>having teeth pulled out and stuff
How the other half live!

I am uploading the ut2004 screenshots to: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/k.murphy8/docs/UT2004/

and the CS ones will be in:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/k.murphy8/docs/cs

Give it a while though since I'm uploading at only 10k/s atm

TTFN

McBain
22-06-04, 05:11 PM
My photos are up here (http://photo.andycr.com/l17/). :thumbs:

IXL
22-06-04, 08:27 PM
Nice one fellas, I'll take a proper look tomorra in the office... :D

Hope the teeth n stuff rnt too bad for u Mcbain... :?

zippo_the_clown
07-08-04, 01:04 AM
hey i saw the message on actiongames and if there are still spaces left our clan would be intrested in attending there would be between 5 and 8 we all play cs and some other games

so if there is space we would like to come

zippo