PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike lag

Skavorn
12-05-04, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure why, but I get an awful ping on CS1.5 and CS1.6. Over 150 when I'm used to about 30-40.

I have a good PC and good net, I don't knwo why its happening. Chimp suggested it was about my graphics settings but it does the same at different resolutions and under a different renderer, both DirectX and OpenGL do the same.

Any ideas?

Mincemeat
12-05-04, 08:21 PM
ok. In CS 1.6, start steam up. Then make sure all your games are uptodate (from games, right click on cs, then properties). Once everything is updated, go into monitor, in the main menu. If there is no activity, then go into options and set your connection speed to DSL.

Then, find a server from OUTSIDE cs. IE click on server list from main menu. Connect to a game from the server list, cs will start up. Then post here what happens.

Hope this helps :)

Skavorn
12-05-04, 10:37 PM
nevermind, its working now....it was like it for weeks...

anyway I had a wicked first online (non lag) session on 1.6. 16:1 on inferno my 1st map, and atleast broke even (K:D) every round even rounds where my team was getting mullered :)

I really love 1.6 now hehehe

Mincemeat
12-05-04, 10:54 PM
ok. glad its working :). I like steam cause its easier than 1.5, and the guns are more accurate crosshairs. I have added you to my steam friends list, along with the others.

McBain
13-05-04, 05:52 PM
Can you add someone's Steam ID to your friends list? I don't really get it, cause you have to add by gaming name as far as I can see....and that can change? :?

Skavorn
13-05-04, 05:56 PM
yeah gd point.....I wonder how that works...

Mincemeat
13-05-04, 05:56 PM
well, you can add by email, by gaming name (it will search for similarities as well) and by adding while you play. I typed Mcbain, in and got 30 Hits, didnt know which was which , so i found one with First name Andy, then added you on.

Mincemeat
13-05-04, 05:58 PM
in saying that, do you want to log on to steam and have a quick game?
im on now, add me if you havent, mincemeat_uk

McBain
13-05-04, 06:19 PM
Dinner will be ready soon, maybe later though. I'll log on and add you now though. Check the regular servers (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=601) thread to get the IP of the server I usually play on though :thumbs:

Mincemeat
13-05-04, 06:20 PM
ok mate

McBain
13-05-04, 06:35 PM
It keeps telling me I have been 'signed out due to Friends network maintenance' :? It was telling me this all yesterday... anyone know what's up?

**EDIT** Nevermind, it's let me in now... :roll:

Mincemeat
13-05-04, 06:37 PM
yeh, it does that...Just have to wait about 5 mins then try again