PDA

View Full Version : [LNY] Practise

McBain
13-05-04, 07:53 PM
We now have the server booked for next Thursday, who fancies playing us? IP address: 80.253.115.3:27015
Date: Thursday 20th May
Time: 20:00
Password: Lanarchy
From [LNY] who can make it?

Current [LNY] Team -McBain (Cpt)
Mincemeat (Dpt)
Crippler (Dpt)
Skavorn
Gamith (if needed)

Mincemeat
13-05-04, 07:57 PM
ME. Pls. (also you all have to register at www.enemydown.co.uk and then tell us your username, then accept our invite).

Skavorn
13-05-04, 08:45 PM
yep I can

Crippler2032
13-05-04, 11:57 PM
count me in

Gamith
14-05-04, 05:29 AM
I'm so crap (ATM) that you'd best leave me til last - I should be available til 10pm at any rate, so unless you really need me I'll jut spectate and get a feel for the maps.

tonights it's updating my scripts to handle both teams and the equipment.

McBain - How did it go last night?

TTFN

McBain
14-05-04, 07:22 AM
McBain - How did it go last night?
We came off shortly after you left...

When you say updating your scripts? Do you mean like buy & radio scripts like you can get here (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1555)?

Gamith
14-05-04, 07:30 AM
>Do you mean like buy & radio scripts like you can get
Yeah a bit - just with more stuff :-)

Cheers - just what I need, though tonight will now be spent finding out wtf it all means.

TTFN

Skavorn
16-05-04, 09:25 PM
Erm? looking under the fixtures for CS Division 3....I dont see us :s

McBain
16-05-04, 09:39 PM
Although I've explained this on MSN, I'll post it to so others know the situation.

We can't officially start making challenges or even accepting open ones until we have 4 elligible players. You are elligible 3 days after you've accepted and entered your Steam ID, which is why I'm nagging people to get signed up.

Me, Mince and Gamith are the only elligibles at the moment, but Simon will be elligible by 11pm tomorrow night and I can start looking for our first match (or maybe two) to be played on Tue the 25th.

Skavorn
17-05-04, 02:40 AM
can someone tell me how I accept....I havent recieved an e-mail and i can't see how I accept :s

Gamith
17-05-04, 07:54 AM
>elligible 3 days after you've accepted and entered your Steam ID
That probably explains why I can't find many people to add to my friends list.

TTFN

McBain
17-05-04, 08:21 AM
That probably explains why I can't find many people to add to my friends list.
Friends list in ED? Thats where the elligibility thing is. In Steam you should be able to add people right away.

Try looking for - Crippler_of_CoF, Mincemeat, Skavorn and SpyHunterUK. I have them all listed, can't find Sc00by_of_CoF or Simple_simon though :(

McBain
18-05-04, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure we're going to have anyone to practise against, which leaves us with 3 options -

1) We all head on the server and run round the maps we are going to be playing soon, maybe some 3 on 3 action?

2) We look to have a 'friendly' with another ED clan, on aztec and then nuke.

3) We accept someone's challenge for 8pm on Thursday and start our Ladder campaign without any practise?

We can probably decide at very late notice, if everyone can be in #lanarchy on at least be online from around 7pm we can then decide what we're going to do.

Gamith
18-05-04, 11:02 AM
I would prefer 1 to get some practice - especially if the plan is to partner up.

I would like to find out if my sound works, how to plant a bomb, reload automatically and goodness knows what else might pop up by surprise.

TTFN

McBain
18-05-04, 11:09 AM
I would like to find out if my sound works, how to plant a bomb, reload automatically and goodness knows what else might pop up by surprise.
A lot of this sort of thing can be done just by joining some online servers. (To plant the bomb, bring it up as your weapon and hold your fire button :) )

Gamith
18-05-04, 11:35 AM
>To plant the bomb
Cheers - one less to worry about.

I really must rtfm.

TTFN

Sc00by
18-05-04, 02:01 PM
can't find Sc00by_of_CoF or Simple_simon though :(

Well my ID is Sc00by IIRC, there's no '_of_CoF' attached, keep forgetting to put it back on :(

SpyHunterUK
18-05-04, 02:23 PM
[LNY]Sc00by was what i thought it was.

im having huge problems with :poop: steam.

i d/l the installer off the link mcb gave me but im not getting email confirmations of validation codes :x

:evil:

MW WANTS THE WON SYSTEM BACK!! :)

Gamith
18-05-04, 06:21 PM
>Friends list in ED?
No steam - I have been able to find all but spyhunter.

TTFN

McBain
18-05-04, 09:46 PM
Well my ID is Sc00by IIRC, there's no '_of_CoF' attached, keep forgetting to put it back on :(
If you get a chance, could you log in and change it, so we can pick it out from the 70 other Sc00by's :)

Skavorn
18-05-04, 10:56 PM
do you want me to change mine too?

Sc00by
19-05-04, 03:44 AM
If you get a chance, could you log in and change it, so we can pick it out from the 70 other Sc00by's :)

Ok me = n00b for a sec. Is this on ED or Steam?

ED ID is [LNY]Sc00by

and surely on steam you can use the steam ID I posted elsewhere? Unless I'm missing the point? Basically tell me what I need to change on what and I'll do it. :thumbs:

Sorry but I've got lost in this thread somewhere...

McBain
19-05-04, 06:20 AM
There is no buddies system on ED that I know of.

On Steam the searchable things are First name, last name, e-mail address and gaming name. Most people will try and search you through gaming name so simply join a server and set your name to [LNY]Sc00by or the of_CoF variety so you stand out :thumbs:

Mincemeat
19-05-04, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure we're going to have anyone to practise against, which leaves us with 3 options -

1) We all head on the server and run round the maps we are going to be playing soon, maybe some 3 on 3 action?

2) We look to have a 'friendly' with another ED clan, on aztec and then nuke.

3) We accept someone's challenge for 8pm on Thursday and start our Ladder campaign without any practise?

We can probably decide at very late notice, if everyone can be in #lanarchy on at least be online from around 7pm we can then decide what we're going to do.

SIR YES sir. :shock: I Have xcat installed and configured and ready to fire my AK. :twisted:

Sc00by
20-05-04, 03:30 AM
so simply join a server and set your name to [LNY]Sc00by or the of_CoF variety so you stand out :thumbs:

Will do, probably on Thursday :)

Skavorn
20-05-04, 11:31 AM
Ooooh I thought you meant ED aswell.....(but I was thining to myself how do you chnage your login name)

I'll wack [LNY] in front of my Steam name now
[LNY]Skavorn of CoF (no underscores)

Skavorn
20-05-04, 10:24 PM
I'd like to congratulate Gamith (AUG Whore :twisted: ),he's probably the best n00b I've probably ever seen! :thumbs:

Gamith
21-05-04, 05:32 AM
Thanks Skav - still can't get the hang of crouch-jumping but at least I have got my buy scripts and voice working :-)

Good fun last night I must say, though aztec is a lot more tricky than I thought, especially when there are more T's than CT's, at least it seemed that way towards the end.

TTFN

McBain
21-05-04, 05:51 AM
I'd agree Skav, well done Gamith, practise makes perfect :thumbs:

Maloy (a friend from work, who has yet to make an appearance on here though) seemed to also have improved.

Quite a good night all in all. I may book next Thursday too (but don't change the map to nuke :? ) but I think I might be working, you guys would have to practise without me :)

Mincemeat
21-05-04, 12:16 PM
congrats to Gamith. BUT my medal goes to Skav for outstanding performance. :)

Gamith
21-05-04, 12:40 PM
Do you have second sight or something Skav? or is there an auto aim function I am missing in the set up :-)

TTFN

Skavorn
21-05-04, 02:43 PM
hehe, no I just been practising I learnt alot of things.....

After seeing the way Wintermute plays I triedd to keep on the move while firing the AK...most of the times I died it was close range, I jumped or I was standing still. So with the AK short bursts on the move.

With the Colt find a good position and camp there....it was great for Nuke...coz I could find a spot to guard a bomb site, sit there and nothing was going to happen.

Crouch with Colt, move with AK. Hope this helps.

congrats to Gamith. BUT my medal goes to Skav for outstanding performance. :) Thnx