PDA

View Full Version : Lethal Weapon

McBain
25-05-04, 09:37 PM
Having watched LW3 last night, and thoroughly enjoying it, I thought 'why not see which one people think is best?'... so here is the poll :)

Tbh, I'm having trouble remembering what happened in the first two, but unlike so many that go on like this, the Lethal Weapon series kept strong all the way through.

Azreal
26-05-04, 12:10 AM
Im torn between the 2nd one (due to the fact that it dealt with stuff happening back home for me in South Africa ''Diplomatic imuntiy'') and the last one cause I thought Jet li just kicked ass

Sc00by
26-05-04, 03:06 AM
I voted for the second one. For one reason and one reason only* (though the 4th is certainly the funniest and the 1st the 'grittiest' <- not a word I know...)

*A gold star to the 1st person that can guess why I voted for the 2nd one...

;)

McBain
26-05-04, 07:18 AM
If I could remember what happened in the second one I would have a guess :roll: Which one was Patsy Kensit in? The first one?

Azreal
26-05-04, 12:15 PM
She was in the second one

Smokey
26-05-04, 12:59 PM
i would go with the following:
LW1 - 1st
LW2 - 3rd
LW3 - 4th
LW4 - 2nd

I don't know if McBain and dusted remeber but we had the print of LW4 before it was cut for UK audiences and the un-cut version was definately better the tame version we got. There is major talk of a fifth and final chapter!

Dusted
26-05-04, 01:41 PM
Ahh I remember that one Smokey. Was that the one when the freezers all packed in?

So what was uncut?

Smokey
26-05-04, 02:03 PM
They cut out loads of jet li beating people up. If I remember correctly there is a scene where Rene russo walks through the door and then just falling over supposedly(?) from a kick to the chops. Well in the version I saw you actually see her get clattered but because she was pregnant they cut it down. The other memorable bit is the scrap at the end when riggs shoves the bar into Jet li, the uncut version saw him shake him up and down, in the released version he stabs him, picks him up and then the pier breaks. The previous three have been released as directors cuts so no doubt this one will be too.
Has anyone seen the directors cuts? the first one has an awesome scene in a school playground.

gob
26-05-04, 02:45 PM
I remember the uncut version as well. I also remember sitting there until bloody 5.30 in the morning on opening weekend coz some bugger thought it would be a good idea. Stupid bloody cnut!!!!!! lol

Dusted
26-05-04, 03:13 PM
Must have been old Derek County (who looked remarkably like that chap off Whose Line is it Anyway - Colin someone...)!

BTW - very nice and positive, life affirming signature you got there Gob! LOL

McBain
26-05-04, 03:23 PM
(who looked remarkably like that chap off Whose Line is it Anyway - Colin someone...)!
Colin Mochrie I think.
http://www.wchstv.com/abc/whoselineisit/colinmochrie.jpg
:lol:

Dusted
26-05-04, 03:45 PM
Thats him! Jeeeez- they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo alike!

gob
26-05-04, 09:11 PM
Dusted - thats what 7 years at WV did to me. :wall:

Smokey
27-05-04, 08:38 AM
I remember the uncut version as well. I also remember sitting there until bloody 5.30 in the morning on opening weekend coz some bugger thought it would be a good idea. Stupid bloody cnut!!!!!! lol

I was there with you, and the 3 customers we had all weekend! worth it. I'm sure we found something to do to while away the hours.

gob
27-05-04, 03:50 PM
If I remember correctly we spent the weekend on the roof trying to spot some lovelies and slagging off Dusted behind his back - no wait that was the whole summer :roll:

McBain
27-05-04, 09:47 PM
and slagging off Dusted behind his back
I thought we used to do it to his face? It was no fun otherwise :lol:

gob
27-05-04, 10:18 PM
Well both if truth be told although we were all pretty good at slagging off each other (in jest most of the time) IIRC.

Smokey
28-05-04, 09:10 AM
There was no jest, Dusted really is an moron with no shoulders!!!!!
sometimes if i get bored i'll ring him up and hurl abuse at him.

gob
28-05-04, 06:08 PM
Good to see some things never change :rofl: