PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill Vol 1

McBain
26-05-04, 07:43 PM
Well I finally got round to watching this, and I can't say I was overly impressed. Not to say it was a bad film, but what the smeg was it all about? I get the obvious stuff about her after revenge etc but why did they try and kill her in the first place?

I'd heard lots about the fight scenes, but again, wasn't that impressed. The big one in the restaurant was just lots of limbs and blades swinging round with blood splattering all over the place. It wasn't like they were amazingly choreographed like a Jackie Chan sequence or something. Add to that a script which seemed rather basic to me and all in all non too impressive :?

http://imagesdal.citysearch.com/feature/200/killbill.jpg

Also, am I the only person that finds Uma Thurman a bit ugly? Her eyes are far to far apart for a start :shock:

Mincemeat
26-05-04, 08:09 PM
I dled and saw kill bill Vol 1 and 2 in a row, and I have to say: I actually liked it. Giveth the Rest scene was overkill and too gross. But Vol2 was slightly dissapointing. I dont find Uma Thruman ugly, she's ok. Not the best but ok!. :)

HUNTER
27-05-04, 08:44 AM
i got it on DVD, i like it, haven't seen Vol. 2 yet but that i'm guessing will explain why she was attacked etc.

Smokey
27-05-04, 08:53 AM
liked vol 1, didn't like vol 2 but i'll probably give it another go.

McBain
27-05-04, 08:54 AM
i'm guessing will explain why she was attacked etc.
I dunno, this is Tarantino we're talking about... I don't think he's that much into actual story lines, he just likes to splash lots of blood etc. Never been too big a fan of his :?

Mincemeat
27-05-04, 10:26 AM
well. I have to disagree. I Love Tarantino films such as Reservoir Dogs, Pulp fiction and Jackie Brown to name a Few. Its not about the actors or the story. Its about the way its directed and the script they use. Its just soo Smooooothe! 8-)

Smokey
27-05-04, 11:31 AM
well. I have to disagree. I Love Tarantino films such as Reservoir Dogs, Pulp fiction and Jackie Brown to name a Few. Its not about the actors or the story. Its about the way its directed and the script they use. Its just soo Smooooothe! 8-)

... name a few? With the exception of Kill bill thats ALL of them!!!

wintermute
27-05-04, 11:54 AM
You've forgotten From Dusk till Dawn :)

Also there was that rooms thing, Four Rooms or something?

Rob

Ally82
27-05-04, 01:29 PM
to my recollection he didn't direct dusk 2 dawn, only starred in it, maybe co-scripted it, can't remember, but it was Robert Rodriguez who directed.

still a damn good film tho, and anyone who argues otherwise is just plain lying or hasn't seen it.

HUNTER
27-05-04, 02:38 PM
well. I have to disagree. I Love Tarantino films such as Reservoir Dogs, Pulp fiction and Jackie Brown to name a Few.

they are the only others he's done.

i love pulp fiction, got it on DVD. a lot different to Kill Bill in terms of blood and there is more of a story line to it.

Tarantino has only written 4 screen plays afaik. may have co-worked on others.

Smokey
27-05-04, 03:23 PM
I think he co-wrote fdtd
The trailer to volume 1 states... 'The 4th Film From Quentin Tarantino'
Tarantino was one of 4 directors on 4 rooms which is why it's not counted as a sole QT film.

gob
27-05-04, 04:12 PM
Tarantino's full writing credits are:

My Best Friends Birthday - student film on 16mm
Resevoir Dogs (writer/screenplay/director)
True Romance (writer/screenplay)
Natural Born Killers (story)
Pulp Fiction (writer/screenplay/director)
The Four Rooms segment 'The Man From Hollywood'(writer/screenplay/director)
From Dusk Till Dawn (screenplay)
Curdled (wrote news report)
Jackie Brown (screenplay/story/director) based on Elmore Leonard book
Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 (writer/screenplay/director)

He also directed an episode of ER in 1994 called Motherhood and an episode of the short lived TV show Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2003.

McBain
27-05-04, 09:44 PM
Rodrigues did the first half of FDTD (the good and normal half) and Tarantino did the second half (the bit where it just goes crazy and you try and figure out what the smeg is going on).

Now Rodregues I like, Desperado is a top film :thumbs:

Btw, welcome to the forums Ally :welcome: