PDA

View Full Version : Shrek 2

gob
07-07-04, 04:02 PM
Just saw this and it was fantastic. Some real good in-jokes as in the 1st one, a pretty childish storyline (well it is supposed to be a kids film :) ) and kids would definitely enjoy it but there is so much for adults in there too. Donkey (Eddie Murphy) is as good as ever and Puss in Boots (Antonio Banderas) is excellent. With other voices from our very own John Cleese, Julie Andrews, Rupert Everitt and Jennifer Saunders it is well worth checking out.

I thought the 1st Shrek tailed off at the end but that didn't happen here and I would recommend it to everyone. But go see it before the kids hols start ;)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
07-07-04, 05:28 PM
crackin film - but you forgot jonathon ross is in it as well

Crippler2032
07-07-04, 05:54 PM
Brilliant :D saw it a couple of weeks ago :D

Puss in Boots was VERY funny

Psycho Hamster
07-07-04, 06:56 PM
Anyone else think that they redubed some of the char for us Brits.

J Ross as the bar man/woman for a start didnt seem as though it had always been there, and also that blonde woman as the presenter when the party kicks off, she looked like that American woman who has had to much plastic surgery but sounded like that posh English woman who does that sort of thing here.

Wish I new the damn names of those people! :?

SpyHunterUK
07-07-04, 07:09 PM
:shock:

I think I might just see this sometime :)

Azreal
07-07-04, 07:29 PM
Anyone else think that they redubed some of the char for us Brits.

J Ross as the bar man/woman for a start didnt seem as though it had always been there, and also that blonde woman as the presenter when the party kicks off, she looked like that American woman who has had to much plastic surgery but sounded like that posh English woman who does that sort of thing here.

Wish I new the damn names of those people! :? You mean Larry king and Joan Rivers

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
07-07-04, 08:18 PM
Yes. They did (not seen it but read somewhere about this very thing). :)

Azreal
07-07-04, 08:33 PM
well if they did redub some voices, they didnt bother changing the names in the credits as it still credited Larry King as the voice of the ugly step sister and not Jonathan Ross

ive just found this article http://www.lazystuff.com/frameset.html?http://www.lazystuff.com/lazytalk/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&topic=1278

Psycho Hamster
07-07-04, 09:50 PM
Ah ha! New I was right, :D

Smokey
13-07-04, 10:48 AM
Saw this on Sunday and I was a little disapponted. I though the animation was a lot better than before but the story didn't really have much going for it.
Donkey didn't really have as much dialogue as I would have liked, maybe i'll give it another go to see.

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
13-07-04, 11:17 AM
Good film, very funny :thumbs: but no Toy Story or Monsters, Inc.. The story is a bit thin, but TBH I don't remember if the story in the first one was much better.

HUNTER
14-07-04, 09:27 PM
saw it a week or so ago, i loved it, much better than the first.

SpyHunterUK
15-07-04, 08:15 AM
Saw it on tuesday, but Id put it about level with Around the Worls in 80 days, kinda funny though, definitely better than the first. :)