PDA

View Full Version : Title for star wars episode 3 anounced

Azreal
24-07-04, 09:49 PM
the new title for the final film was anounced on the website and at the san diago comic con this afternoon http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20040724.html

star wars episode 3 REVENGE OF THE SITH

wintermute
25-07-04, 02:02 AM
It's going to be an interesting one - how is George going to manage a happy and triumphant ending and yet still tie it into the 15 odd years of darkness between this and episode four?

Rob

Mincemeat
25-07-04, 02:39 AM
lol...Still, Cant wait for its release...

SpyHunterUK
25-07-04, 10:24 AM
Looking forward to it...But the big question is: Will it gross more then Spiderman2?
My prediction: Yep :)

Psycho Hamster
28-07-04, 05:34 PM
Whats interesting about this is that in Japan the title for the last film (Return of the Jedi) actualy translated into Revenge of the Jedi.

I think thats where I remember that from anyway.........

It was either that or Revenge of the Jedi was one of the titles it was going to be called..............damn my memory and all it's holes!!! :x

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
28-07-04, 06:03 PM
iirc it WAS gonna be revenge of the jedi until somone leaked it and pissed off george lucas, so he changed it (maybe not the official story, but i think the most accurate one)

HUNTER
28-07-04, 06:09 PM
SW3:ROTS for short :)

ratty
28-07-04, 07:45 PM
what actually happened was:
is was gonna be called REVENGE of the jedi, but revenge is not something jedi would do... (leads to darkside etc etc) so they changed it to return of the jedi
so there you go pop pickers... lets rock

Azreal
28-07-04, 08:01 PM
Yeah that is what I was going to post Ratty. I know the other rumoured titles for the 3rd installment was: Birth of an Empire , Rise of an Empire, The Creeping fear, or it was to be called simply Star Wars:Vader

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
29-07-04, 05:19 PM
what actually happened was:
is was gonna be called REVENGE of the jedi, but revenge is not something jedi would do... (leads to darkside etc etc) so they changed it to return of the jedi
so there you go pop pickers... lets rock

i think that is the rather weak excuse GL gave as justification.... :roll:

ratty
30-07-04, 10:27 PM
hey, its true i tells ya

heard it from a leprachuan, who was told it by a faerie that heard it from someone that saw GL once, apparently, possibly

im gonna quit drinking from now on