PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Sister Live

gob
02-08-04, 04:51 PM
Last night hailed the return of one of the biggest rock bands from the '80s to London. Myself, Scooby (broken collar bone and all) and Mrs Scoobs (going to her first 'proper' concert ;) ) ventured out to the Astoria on Charing Cross Road to witness Twisted Sister's first gig in London since 1986 (and yes I was at that one too and yes I know I'm old :) ).

The heat was intense as thousands packed into the Astoria and no-one was disappointed. All 5 original members of TS (Dee Snider, Jay Jay French, Eddie Ojeda, Al Pero and Mark The Animal Mendoza) rocked the night away and I can honestly say that in 20 years of going to concerts I have never heard a croud louder than last night.

Now some of you might be wondering who the hell Twisted Sister are - well their tracks which have appeared in countless movies so you have heard some of their stuff. Their most famous song is I Wanna Rock which was in Road Trip when the gang are on the yellow school bus. They split up 12 years ago but now they are back.

TS ripped through The Price, The Kids are Back, Come Out and Play, Under the Blade and a host of others including of course I Wanna Rock, but the highlight for me was every single last person in the place screaming 'We're Not Gonna Take It' at maximum volume.

TS know how to put on a show, know how to entertain and know how to rock. And now they are back. For those out there who enjoy their music a little on the heavier side, I thouroughly recommend getting hold of some TS and when they tour again - be there - I know the 3 of us will be. SMF's!!! :rock:

Sc00by
05-08-04, 04:45 PM
It was a damn good night, well worth the searing pain I was in for most of it (it was a LOT fuller than any of us expected - meaning I got walked into and barged a hell of a lot more than was good for an arm that is being held on by a bit of Titanium) Sister Rocked, in a way that bands just don't seem to any more (not that I've been to a lot of gigs recently, but just on impressions and talking to people)

A thumping set with boundless energy (despite the fact that it was like 40 deg C in the Astoria, and we were near the fire escape so we got a bit of a breeze) was played by one of my favourite bands of the 80s. They so still have it and I'm glad I made it out to see them (though I was forced to seriously concider whether I should, and tbh if I'd known it was going to be that full I probably wouldn't have gone...)

I'll give them an eleven!

:thumbs: