PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Pre loading begins!

Dusted
27-08-04, 08:58 AM
Servers are far too busy now to accomodate lil ol me but anyway, its coming!

News Here! (http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=news)

Skavorn
27-08-04, 10:42 PM
link doesn't work but yes, I've seen it.

I popped on CS (through steam) today and it said you can preload the game on your system. I'm guessing that when the game is offically released you can then play it straight away somehow...

I clicked on it to investigate but it said servers were busy......unsuprisingly...

Gamith
28-08-04, 08:55 AM
at 28.4% at the moment.

You will still need the code to unlock it though (when it becomes live) so I will need to either buy a copy or a 9800XT card (my 9800 pro didn't have the offer) in order to run the thing.

So - download, wait, (buy), play :-(

I wonder if there will be a demo..

TTFN

McBain
28-08-04, 09:06 AM
I got the coupon with my 9800XT, but it looks like its naff all use without a variety of things (main problem some code of the original box... OEM is no good :roll: )

Gamith
28-08-04, 11:32 AM
This from http://www.ati.com/gitg/promotions/halflife2/coupon.html may be of interest:

--------------------------------------------
Half-Life

McBain
28-08-04, 01:10 PM
This offer does not apply to bulk OEM (White box) versions of the foregoing products.
:(

Skavorn
02-09-04, 05:08 PM
what do these encrypted files do?

I mean I'm gonna have this finsihed downloading in only about 2 hours..it cant be mroe than around 0.5GB so it can't be the full game, anyone have any idea what the files actually do?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
02-09-04, 07:50 PM
they are HL2.
well, bits of it anyway.
when it's released they'll probably ping you saying "buy online and get a code to unlock the files already downloaded", then you'll be up and running inside 30 mins.

i'd expect...

Dusted
02-09-04, 08:10 PM
Godamn - I'm sooooo excited...........Gameplay.com says 24th Sept, Game.uk.com says TBC.....Amazon says NOvember.......!

I am wet with anticipation...

Gamith
09-09-04, 06:26 PM
Steam is doing another update - looks to be quite a big one.

TTFN

IXL
10-09-04, 09:18 AM
what do these encrypted files do?

I mean I'm gonna have this finsihed downloading in only about 2 hours..it cant be mroe than around 0.5GB so it can't be the full game, anyone have any idea what the files actually do?

Tiz a little confusing in a small way mate. I mean, if I bought the game, how much of an update would I need to D/L via online steam ? Nothing is made very clear in my book, not that ive read an awful lot, but theres a lot of "assuming" going on and everything seems a little vauge...

IXL
10-09-04, 09:20 AM
Another thing : Would HL2 actually come with the Steam installer & also HLDS2 files?

[OLSC]Hitman
10-09-04, 10:57 AM
You can download the SRCDS "HL2 Dedicated Server Executable" now, thats how we're running CS:Source on our server.

I would guess that Steam and SRCDS would be included on the HL2 CD.

Personally, I like something to show fo rmy money, so will be waiting for the CD version.

IXL
10-09-04, 11:59 AM
Hitman]Personally, I like something to show fo rmy money, so will be waiting for the CD version.

Idd I agree. People shouldnt have to DL DS' & Steam files if you've bought the complete game...

Gamith
07-10-04, 10:09 AM
Just in case anyone is interested:

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=325

HL2 release imminent

TTFN