PDA

View Full Version : Lanarchy 18 Schedule

McBain
11-09-04, 12:56 PM
Here are my initial proposals for the gaming schedule. There are two things to bear in mind when looking at these -

1) These are just what we will be running servers for. If we do end up with 30+ people you can guarantee others will be playing other games while we play the scheduled games. You don't have to play what we run a server for. AoM is a good example, many people don't have that, so there is bound to be other games going on then.

2) These are very much subject to change. We don't mind playing other games instead if thats what the majority would like to do. If you suggest on here another game and we get some support for that game, I can restart the poll with the new game inserted somewhere.

So, Option 1 -10am - CS 1.6
12noon - BF:Vietnam
3pm - CS 1.6
5pm - AoM:Titans
7pm - UT2004
9:30pm - Packing awayOption 2 -10am - CS 1.6
12noon - BF:Vietnam
2pm - CS 1.6
4pm - UT2004
6pm - AoM:Titans
8pm - CS 1.6
9:30pm - Packing awayTo summarise, Option 1 gives 3 hours of BFV & UT2004, where Option 2 only gives 2 hours to these games and puts the extra hours back into a third session of Counter Strike.

Evil D
11-09-04, 02:35 PM
ill go withthe flow tis me first lan so be a laugh :)

Mincemeat
11-09-04, 06:55 PM
hmmmm. I would Go for option 2 (obviously you can modify this on the day), simply because UT is not played last.

Stabzz
12-09-04, 01:46 PM
I have to vote for Option 1 because people will want to grab a bite to eat around noon. This way 3 hours would provide time for food and playing. Also, I think two sessions of CS is more than enough and throwing in another game would be more fun.

Mincemeat
12-09-04, 01:55 PM
o yes, and Mcbain, did you figure out why we had the probs in AOM at the last Lan. I would love to play, But we need to be prepared so that the Lan Errors dont occur again. Option 1 is also nice, but 3 hours Vietnam could be boring, maybe some COD in there as well?

zippo_the_clown
12-09-04, 03:12 PM
option 2 cs wooo

-logical- Chimp
12-09-04, 08:33 PM
i go with option 2, although i would also be interested in seeing a different game replace one of the CS sessions perhaps... although i cant think of a decent game that could handle everyone...

btw - whats going to happen with CS is more than 20 people attend ? iirc most maps have a hard-limit of 20 spawn points - if more people join, people start sufferin spawn deaths, which aint fun...

McBain
12-09-04, 09:01 PM
We just have 2 servers. Besides, there are a fair few of them with 32 spawn points I believe, I'll try and check which before the LAN.

Most of the CS time will be the tournament anyway, which will be 4 or 5 man teams.

IXL
13-09-04, 08:17 AM
All sounds gd to me, but can you tell me the maps your going to play in CS as I only really have the default ones and last time, I didnt have a clue of the maps you played.... :S

Mincemeat
13-09-04, 10:38 AM
Im sure we will have the maps on the MCbains Monster map pack on the server.

IXL
13-09-04, 11:46 AM
I can't see them available from the website, so I assume that you mean on the LAN server mate.

I'd like to know which ones they are in advance tho....

Mincemeat
13-09-04, 11:51 AM
err. yeh Lan...thats what i ment. The custom ones...I cant remember them off hand. But, Ill help you install them on the day. Dont worry. :)

IXL
13-09-04, 11:55 AM
Thanks mate but I think were on cross purposes or ive not made my post clear.

I havent a problem installing maps... I just want to know what the maps are so I can get to know them just a little better "before" the LAN....

There are soo many custom maps (1000's). In addition, it'l save some time installing them.... :)

Mincemeat
13-09-04, 12:01 PM
o I see. You wanna scout them for Camping postions LOL... well, theres one with a Hotel (with a lobby, car park, reception) and one with a Mansion with tennis courts, Truck, Lawn, Pool etc...the first one is De_ and the second Cs_...We also play Assault and its varients (assault 2k, Apc). Also they play De_Karachi and the other one with the Funky Bhangra track in the background (again, forgot the name)...If any of these maps ring a bell with you, let me know..

Gamith
13-09-04, 12:07 PM
Is it worth seeing if we can get a Joint OPs:Typhoon Rising server going? on a LAN it should be able to support over 100 players if I remember correctly... :-)

Aside from that we could try some of the mods available for various games; interstate, BFV:1942(?), TacOps or whatever people might like.

If we get many people turning up it's inevitable that there will be some that can't or don't want to play whats being offered, so will want to play something else.

TTFN

Mincemeat
13-09-04, 12:09 PM
Has anyone tried Galactic Conquest? Its an excellent BF1942 Starwars conversion mod. really worth trying it out on a LAN...Pls :)

IXL
13-09-04, 12:17 PM
Thanks Mince. :)

I know what you mean Gamith and it is considerate, however from a hosting LAN background and experience, if there are too many games available, the LAN can become too fragmented (no punn intended) full up with STOPs / INSTALLs / SETUPs and FINALLY STARTs.

That sed, I dont mind playing some mods if we all want to.

Simple_Simon
13-09-04, 05:21 PM
Is anyone up for a game of Doom 3 and Call Of Duty on the day?

McBain
13-09-04, 05:22 PM
IXL, get the monster map pack from here (http://www.cofuk.net/files/maps/index.html).

I agree with IXL, while playing a few different games is always good, if you try too many, too much time is spent trying to get people into the game and very little time playing :(

Interstate of the Star Wars mod for BF1942 would be a good idea. I'm personally don't like Tac Ops or Typhoon thingy... but people can play what they like of course :)

IXL
14-09-04, 12:12 PM
Thanks for that link McBain.. :)

Mincemeat
15-09-04, 09:09 AM
Just to let you all know, GC 0.4 Mod is out. GO get it. ;)

IXL
15-09-04, 11:18 AM
Is anyone up for a game of Doom 3 and Call Of Duty on the day?

Doom 3 is naff in MP mode ( we gave it a 20min run at IX#7).

Id like to have a bash at CoD tho if it suits everyone else..... but im happy with the McBains list so far. :)

Gamith
15-09-04, 11:51 AM
I like CoD so wouldn't mind playing it if the opportunity arises.

TTFN

Duck
17-09-04, 03:50 PM
Its about time I got my backside over to a Lanarchy event. As you know me and some of the other UKLANs guys are coming to. See you there McBain!!!!

Also i wont be calling myself DUCK I havent done for years my new alias is now Plunktrem. ;)

Keep up the good work!

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
17-09-04, 04:31 PM
Option 3:

DoD :twisted:

zippo_the_clown
17-09-04, 05:10 PM
dod woot

Mincemeat
17-09-04, 05:13 PM
mmm. Zippo, your avatar makes me hungry. :twisted:

McBain
17-09-04, 09:49 PM
Well, 5 each at present. Could be a tight call on the day... If you haven't voted, get your preference down now :) ( can't remember if I put an end date... I think I did)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
17-09-04, 09:58 PM
ahem
Papa Smurf]Option 3:

DoD :twisted:

McBain
17-09-04, 10:09 PM
:side:

If there are plenty of people wanting to play DoD, it wont be a problem. Maybe even when we play AoM, someone fires up a DoD server? If we can, we'll have one ready, but I'll be honest my experience of DoD servers if limited... although I guess it can't be that different to a CS server?

IXL
18-09-04, 10:51 AM
Its the same - but I bet smurf will want to sod about with it first. ;)

Maverick
18-09-04, 06:44 PM
Ide prefer a more CS orientated day but that just me :P

Isnt there a posibility of running a permanent server of a popular game like CS so ppl choose whether to stick to the schedule or just play on the server.

But as its my first ill just go with the flow

Crippler2032
18-09-04, 07:59 PM
Events dont always completely follow the schedule, its mainly there for competitions and so on. Players can play whatever they feel like at the time.

Theres usually a Dedicated CS server running as far as i can remember

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
19-09-04, 07:25 PM
Its the same - but I bet smurf will want to sod about with it first. ;)
cheeky 'ho

100% accurate (gotta get the server variables set right), but still a cheeky 'ho :lol:

McBain
20-09-04, 04:38 PM
We are possibly going to play a little Tribes Vengeance Beta on Saturday. If you want to join in, you will need to get your own key (http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/tribesvengeance/) thougn :thumbs:

shadeyuke
20-09-04, 06:14 PM
I'd vote for option 2, CS pwnage!

Red
22-09-04, 09:06 PM
shadey sucks ballz :P

j/k heh

i say just go with the flow, if ppl wanna play summin enuf then play it :P

Mincemeat
22-09-04, 09:10 PM
yeh...Best thing is to make sure you got most of the games mentioned here installed and patched. If not, Dont worry, someone maybe able to sort you out on the day (wink). Go with the flow, play what others play and youll have an excellent time :) Cya all soon

McBain
23-09-04, 06:07 PM
This page (http://subscribe.vugames.com/subscribe1.jsp) is better for getting your Tribes Vengeance Beta key. If you fancy playing this, make sure you get your own key before Saturday. We will have the downloaded file to install, but you need the key.

IXL
23-09-04, 06:12 PM
Papa Smurf]Its the same - but I bet smurf will want to sod about with it first. ;)
cheeky 'ho

100% accurate (gotta get the server variables set right), but still a cheeky 'ho :lol:

Ar cmon.... ;)

8-)

McBain
24-09-04, 11:47 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to ask if you don't have any of the games list here (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2126), or not the latest versions, and you would like to play them during the day IF YOU NEED HELP PLEASE SEE ME AS SOON AS YOUR COMPUTER IS SET UP. Do not wait until we all start playing it to decide to try and install it.

I don't mind helping out before we get going, but I would also like to do some gaming and tbh it can then be a pain if we're in a competition and someone wants help getting a game installed/working. Of course we will still help, but you might be left waiting for 10-15 minutes and by that time... we may have moved on to something else :roll:

McBain
24-09-04, 02:57 PM
Okay, here is the final schedule for the day -[list:a4e1bbf0db]10am Setting up & warm up
11am Interstate 1982 (BF1942 Mod)
12noon BF:Vietnam or Desert Combat
1:30pm Lunch
2pm Counter Strike 1.6