PDA

View Full Version : Sky Captain And The World After Tommorow

Skavorn
28-09-04, 10:46 PM
I stopped watching it after 20 mins....enough said :roll:

It just seemed like a very very very very bad episode of Thunder Birds / Captain Scarlet etc

Azreal
28-09-04, 11:11 PM
lol ,a very bad episode of thunder birds you say , wow now thats saying something, I still want to see it as the photography looks really cool. (and Angelina Jolie is in it )

SpyHunterUK
29-09-04, 04:15 PM
FYI, its: "The World of Tomorrow" not after tomorrow :P

Have to see this, if its bad, im glad I turned down the premiere tickets on Monday...

gob
26-01-06, 05:52 PM
Just seen this - the first 30 mins are disjointed, confused and frankly just bad. I was also about to give up and turn it off.

But then it settles down into a much better film once the story actually starts and is a great romp.

At the start both leads, Jude Law and Gwyneth Paltrow seem wooden and un-interested but as the movie goes on they get a lot better and their relationship develops. By the end they are wise-cracking and seem to be having a good time.

There are excellent cameo's from Angelina Jolie and Omid Djalili plus some spooky old footage of Laurance Olivier.

If you can get past the dreadful start it is a good romp in the style of Flash Gordon.

Overall 6/10 - low due to the start.

Lestat
27-01-06, 11:57 AM
Yeah It doe start of badly but it gets better not a whole lot but if you want some mindless entertainment. this is okay.

5/10