PDA

View Full Version : Lanarchy IRC Channel Available

McBain
17-12-02, 06:50 PM
For those of you that use IRC Lanarchy now has its own channel on gamesnet. If you don't have IRC, you can download it here (http://ftp.newnet.co.uk/pub/mirrors/mirc/mirc603.exe).

Once installed enter irc.gamesnet.net as the server and then type /join #lanarchy. We will try and be available in there as much as possible, so drop by and say hello... :)

Bond0r
20-12-02, 10:43 PM
guys, whats up with the gamenet thing? thats american int it? why not use quakenet like the rest of us :)

McBain
20-12-02, 11:46 PM
guys, whats up with the gamenet thing? thats american int it? why not use quakenet like the rest of us :)

Lol, that's what everyone keeps telling me... :?

Expect us to switch in the next few days hopefully (if I can figure out how to register on Quakenet)

**EDIT**

Right, I've got a channel for now on barrysworld.uk.quakenet.org #lanarchy...

I have a user that can sit in there all day...after 4 hours I ask for a bot, is that basically how it goes?

Bond0r
22-12-02, 02:11 AM
ok, all u need to be on is ANY quakenet server, whether it be barrysworld, blueyonde ror the actual quakenet servers they all go to the same place, some servers are just faster than other (location) thats the only different in servers.

there are 2 methods of bot, first one is called 'Q'

for this one, u need 25 idlers in the channel and a decent webby (this is good)

for the 'L' bot (lightweight version of Q but still does the job), u need someone who is well know (ie has a lot of privis on quakenet channels) and 4 idlers

www.quakenet.org

ill pop in and idle :)

McBain
22-12-02, 09:04 PM
Got an L bot now... just need some people to talk to... :cry:

:P

McBain
12-01-03, 12:13 PM
Some people cannot join the channel because of something to do with +r. I cannot seem to set it to -r and I asked in the #help channel and was told

join an Asuka server and ser mode -r or make your friend auth. Asuka server: Barrysworld1.quakenet.org

Can someone explain what that means, as no-one would in #help :( I think they were a bit busy.