PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins:Trailer now up

Azreal
14-12-04, 10:36 AM
As a huge comic book fan this is proberbly 1 of the top two films Im dying to see ( along with Star Wars:revenge of the sith :) ). I think its a very impresive cast as well.and from what Ive seen its much darker, and gritty than the prev films (which it should have been in the 1st place)

Release Date: June 17, 2005
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Christopher Nolan
Screenwriter: David Goyer, Christopher Nolan
Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Ken Watanabe, Katie Holmes, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson, Rutger Hauer
Genre: Action, Crime

Plot Summary: Explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham. Christian Bale stars as Bruce Wayne/Batman; Michael Caine as his trusted butler Alfred; Gary Oldman as Lieutenant James Gordon, a detective on the Gotham police force; Katie Holmes as a childhood friend of Wayne's; Liam Neeson as Wayne's mentor, Henri Ducard; Ken Watanabe as the villainous Ra's Al Ghul; and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, a former board member and sidelined employee of Wayne Enterprises.

trailer over here http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=5020

Dusted
14-12-04, 02:33 PM
Saw this at the movies last week - looks superb. Very very very dark and gritty.

Sooo looking forward to it!

Azreal
14-12-04, 02:47 PM
I managed to get my hands on the script sometime ago , and I really liked what I read.

Azreal
03-04-05, 09:05 PM
here is a tv spot they showed for the movie on the weekend.

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/0-9ABC/BatmanBegins/TVSpot4/

McBain
03-04-05, 09:29 PM
Looks good... but... did I see a fire breathing horse in that?

Azreal
03-04-05, 09:59 PM
lol, yeah you did.

Azreal
28-04-05, 05:01 PM
Final Trailer now up http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman_begins/trailer4/

gob
12-07-05, 04:53 PM
Saw this today - top film. Bale is excellent as the Dark Knight and is ably backed up by a predominantly British and Irish cast (Liam Neeson, Tom Wilkinson, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine). PLus a great turn by the always good Morgan Freeman. Even Rutger Hauer is pretty good - thats 2 films in a row now after his cameo in Sin City!!

Great story, nice and dark remaining faithful to the source materials and none of the insidious crap that made Batman and Robin such a pile of ****.

Interesting to see where they go from here as the end of the film shows that a new bad guy has just hit Gotham City but one that has already been covered in a previous film. Whether this was to link this 'prequel' to the earlier films or they are going to re-introduce this bad guy, we will have to wait and see.

Oh and the fire breathing horse fits in quite nicely :) 8.5/10.

Azreal
12-07-05, 05:22 PM
Saw it some time ago . I thought Micheal Caine stole the show, I was a bit sceptical about Katie Holmes charator, I thought she wasnt needed, I would have liked to have seen more of Ken Watanabi (spelling) in the film. The Batman film franchise is been remade so , it would have have nothing to do with the prevous films. oh and I love the car chase.

I would have to give this an 8.5 /10 as well

Azreal
14-07-05, 08:35 PM
I heard that dc comics book writers are planning to retire batman (well he is getting old in comic book yrs), which is odd cause you would think that with the recent succes this film has done , that it would attract new comic book readers.

Lestat
19-09-06, 01:32 PM
May as continue my reviewing. Love the film Christian Bale once again proved that he is one of the best actors around and totally undervalued. Great vilians and great effects if only they could have got someone better than Katie holmes to play the female who has no acting ability beyond dawsons creek.

8/10

Azreal
19-09-06, 02:12 PM
Heath Ledger has signed on to play the Joker in the sequel. And Christopher Nolan has said the the next film will be titled The Dark Knight.