PDA

View Full Version : Band Aid - New or Old?

McBain
23-12-04, 10:23 PM
I was talking to JesterJ at work the other day, and he had the balls to make the outrageous claim that the new Band Aid song is better than the original! Can you believe it :evil:

Get your votes down and settle this one for us :thumbs:

Azreal
23-12-04, 10:28 PM
I dont really care about band aid however the new one sucks , the only thing that saving it is that its got Bono and Chris Martin in it, Id just buy that single knowing the money is suposedly going to a worthy case then Id throw the cd away.

Mincemeat
23-12-04, 10:34 PM
You know which option got my Vote! ;)

McBain
23-12-04, 10:42 PM
There's also some rich business man matching the sales of the record pound for pound, up to

Sc00by
03-01-05, 12:43 PM
It's a charity song, it's not going to be good...

McBain
03-01-05, 01:41 PM
I didn't think the original was that bad tbh. The new one just plain sux IMO...

Sc00by
03-01-05, 01:45 PM
FEEED the WOOOOOOORLD! Let them know it's Christmas time (despite the fact that they aren't even Christians...)

It's a terrible song tbh, and it's not improved for being played 97 million times each Christmas. Though I do have to admit that the origial is the least vomit inducing of the 3 varients

McBain
03-01-05, 01:50 PM
I thought the second release was actually the same song just re-released?

Sc00by
03-01-05, 01:54 PM
Yeah all 2 versions of the song (the original, the one 10 years ago and the current one) are all the same song, just re-released with different artists singing the lines. The problem iwith the later versions in my mind is that; during the recording of the original they had people who could sing...