PDA

View Full Version : Steam Update

McBain
15-01-05, 09:02 AM
It is being reported that bots will soon be activated on those of us with CS:Source accounts.

[quote:5d509a31f7]The official Counter-Strike Bot will be released for Counter-Strike: Source on Monday (January 17th). The Bot features enhanced abilities and will be available for all owners of Counter-Strike: Source. Also included in Monday

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
15-01-05, 09:53 AM
sod that - get dod-s out of the door

or at least fix that awful knife model/skin

Sc00by
15-01-05, 02:45 PM
OOh - Bots! Hope they are comparable to the 1.6 bots in terms of AI.

Whilst I can see PSs PoV on getting DoD out, I think the addition of official Bots to CS:S is a good thing. There are a few of the standard maps on CS:S that I dont' know at all, I'll be bb able to get some practice in on them now then! ;)

McBain
15-01-05, 07:31 PM
They comment that the bots are like the CZ bots, with a few improvements, so they should be pretty good.

As I bought HL2 retail, I don't think I even get DoD:S do I? I gave the ATi key to Wint... and so he does! :roll: Is there a DoD upgrade available at all? Mind you, I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it (sorry PS)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
16-01-05, 09:56 AM
fair enough mate - tbh if i hadn't been forced to buy a steam package with cs/cs-cz/cs-s included i'd not have got them either ;)

steam silver will get you dod (and dod-s), and considering it's only an extra $10 - i'll expect to see you on our server when dod-s is released then shall i? :twisted:

McBain
16-01-05, 10:31 AM
Uh? Isn't Silver $50? I already have source, if I would have to buy silver to get DoD:S... don't be holding your breath ;)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
16-01-05, 02:16 PM
silver is $50, you've got bronze ($40) - since i believe you can upgrade your account :

$50-$40 = $10

i can do it with pictures as well if that was too tricky ;)

McBain
16-01-05, 02:26 PM
You can actually upgrade? Do you have a link, as I'm looking now and I don't see how... :?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
16-01-05, 07:57 PM
*thought* you could upgrade, but i can't find anything to prove it either way now :?

but you can definitely upgrade the ati account :)

McBain
16-01-05, 08:03 PM
No, the ATi account gets DoD:S as far as I'm aware, this is my problem, I gave that to Wint.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
17-01-05, 05:39 PM
no, i'm sure the ati one was equivalent to bronze - i.e. without dod/dod-s

Skavorn
18-01-05, 01:57 AM
yeah....papa's right....it's the evilient of bronze so it doesn't get Wint DOD:source either

Sc00by
18-01-05, 10:36 PM
now I know that I'm not very good at CS, but the bots on Normal have just given me as good a tanking as McBain and Crip ever had :?

But it is nice to see soem bots for CS again. I'll be getting some practice in then :thumbs:

McBain
18-01-05, 10:42 PM
Really? I just had a real quick go on de_tide and I was about 11-3 against the normal?

Sc00by
19-01-05, 09:06 AM
That's because you are good at the stupid game :P

McBain
19-01-05, 09:13 AM
Yeah, its just you used to do very well against bots, and they didn't seem all that hard. Maybe after some more practise you'll be back on form ;)

Sc00by
19-01-05, 01:34 PM
Hope so ;)

Though I've been playing the maps I don't know so well. I'll have a pop at Dust tonight and see if I can do better.

Though my description earlier is a bit of a misnomer, I'm coming through the rounds @ around .500 K : D, but I'm used to being quite a bit higher.

The only thing I have noticed is that while when they are shooting each other the bots will hit the wall/floor/sky when they are shooting you they hit you! No messing... I don't think I've ever been headshotted so many times before...

McBain
19-01-05, 01:37 PM
On the topic of Silver Steam accounts. There is someone selling them on eBay for

Sc00by
19-01-05, 01:41 PM
Maybe he is an ATi distributor with lots of them?

McBain
19-01-05, 01:43 PM
But I thought it had been decided the ATi vouchers are actually only Bronze accounts?

Sc00by
19-01-05, 01:53 PM
But you can pay $10 as you cash them in to make them silver (as far as i remember from what I read at the time)

McBain
19-01-05, 01:57 PM
How do you mean? When you say 'I only have this' and enter the code on the ATi voucher, there is something to click to pay an extra $10 at that point?

Sc00by
19-01-05, 02:00 PM
Now I don't knwo for sure, cos I havent' done it. But IIRC at the time that the Gold silver, bronze thing was announced there was something said that people who had the ATi voucher would be able to upgrade their accounts at the tiem of purchace.

And that's all I know. And indeed it may not actually be the case in actuality.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
19-01-05, 05:42 PM
that's what i remember

McBain
24-02-05, 06:21 PM
A new update should be out tomorrow, with two new maps, cs_compound and what turned out to be a bit of a favourite of mine de_train -

http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/Feb23.2005/img/de_train1_small.jpg (http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/Feb23.2005/img/de_train1.jpg)

http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/Feb23.2005/img/de_train2_small.jpg (http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/Feb23.2005/img/de_train2.jpg)

Looks quite cool to me :thumbs:

Crippler2032
24-02-05, 07:22 PM
Looks good, not seen any of this compound map so looking forward to trying that out.

I'm hoping that sooner or later they will remake Inferno

McBain
24-02-05, 07:32 PM
Yeah, inferno used to be one of my favorites. We had some great CoF games on that map :) I'm not as big a fan of it nowadays, dunno why, but I'd still love to see it in source mind you.

Militia is still missing, any others?

Crippler2032
25-02-05, 01:42 AM
sure there are more but i'm so used to playing custom maps on the old CS i've forgotten what most of the original maps were... Assault is the only one that comes to mind

[OLSC]Hitman
25-02-05, 10:55 AM
Had a quick run around cs_compound this morning, it looks very nice and is kinda like Assault in that the Ts are camping with the Hossies in a big warehouse.

de_train looks very nice too, much better than the version we played on X-LANS server.

Should both be good fun to play!

McBain
26-02-05, 12:51 PM
I see what you mean about being like assault. If the T's play it right and defend properly, I can see that one being a very very tough map for the CT's. I played through maybe 8 rounds as T and I think we won about 7 rounds. I swapped over and played about 6 as CT, we won 3 maybe :? There are only really 3 different routes to the main building, as a wall runs through the middle off the map, so you go left, right, or over a couple of cars in the middle. The middle route was good for one round, as you can sneak into the main building without the T's noticing, but once they are wise to it, your very vulnerable trying to jump onto the cars etc. :(

Train looks nice too. I like how the radar now displays what part of the map you are in. This information is also included when someone throws a grenade.

Crippler2032
26-02-05, 01:09 PM
I like how the radar now displays what part of the map you are in. This information is also included when someone throws a grenade.

Yeah i noticed this while playing last night with the X-lans guys, It also says when u use radio commands i think. It can be very very useful aslong as you know where 'back' refers to lol :)

I ran around compound for abit yesterday (have yet to try train) and tbh i am sure its a remake of an old custom map (wouldnt suprise me in the slightest). It does seem very T biast and its a shame there isnt a sewer route or something to make it abit more interesting

McBain
26-02-05, 03:07 PM
Yeah, it could really do with another entry point, as pretty much two groups can cover the three access points :?

Having said that, I think a well organised CT team would be able to surge through with a well timed rush/attack. Of course, this doesn't often happen on an online server...

Skavorn
04-03-05, 03:58 AM
i hate com9pund i think its sucky......the hostage 9place...9putting em in a shed sucks....and i just dont liek the ma9p full sto9p....de train rocks tho

Gamith
04-03-05, 07:10 AM
Call 999 then

why all the 9's ?

TTFN

Crippler2032
04-03-05, 12:09 PM
Having played Compound online with Xlans a few times its not one the best maps, it lacks a sewer entrance or something that would open it up abit, it is winnable by either side tho.

Glad to see they fixed the no clip issue, bu the sniping from the CT startpoint gets really annoying really really fast... (dont you dare skav)

McBain
11-03-05, 09:28 PM
A new map called de_port is in the planning stages. It can be seen here -

http://steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/Mar10.2005/img/de_port_whiteboard.gif

McBain
24-03-05, 09:47 AM
Another update has taken place, with a few interesting changes, one being "Equipping the silencer is canceled if the player switches weapons". :side: This is something I do almost every round I'm a CT :roll:

Other update news here (http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news).

McBain
26-03-05, 10:22 AM
There's been another update, with just two small fixes.

Fixed crash when turning on the budget panel in Counter-Strike: Source
Fixed exploit that would allow clients to spawn large numbers of temporary entities on clients, causing a crash.

Whats a budget panel and how do you turn one on? :side:

Gamith
02-04-05, 05:55 AM
In yesterdays news:

--------------------------------
Friday, April 1 2005

An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. This update addresses requests for more realism in Counter-Strike: Source. The changes are as follows:

Features/Additions
Doubled player speed when jumping. The effect to cumulative, so the more you jump, the faster you go.
Cut price of AWP by 50%.
Added akimbo Riot Shield to buy menu.
Removed de_dust from mapcycle.
Realism Enhancements:

Knives:
Between rounds, it is suggested that you unsheath the weapon and repeatedly press the attack key to air it out as the leather now collects moisture and creates pits on the blade, making it less effective in the next round.

Shotguns:
1. Firing the shotgun without ammo loaded will now cause it to jam.
2. When the shotgun jams, press F2 to fill out form DA-1823-00/A12-H8.
3. You should then hear a scribbling sound. When it stops, press F3 to send the request to LIDM.
4. Failure to do paperwork before pressing F3 will result in the immediate return of the unrepaired shotgun.
5. The repairs can take 1-2 rounds for completion. During that time, you cannot purchase a replacement firearm and may only use your sidearm or knife.

Player Models:
Several models now feature eyewear. This is a completely cosmetic enhancement with the following exceptions:

Part EP-7829-292-2 must be purchased and worn correctly at all times in order to see during the round.

In between rounds, you may purchase and use part EC-2231-833-H34 to clean your EP-7829-292-2. Note: that this does not clean the eyewear itself!

To clean the eyewear, you need to purchase and use the designated cleaner, EC-2231-233-H34, EC-2231-523-H34, or EC-2231-239-H34a respectively depending on your model's eyewear. You can determine the part # of the correct cleaner by asking someone.

Machine and submachine guns:

At least once every five rounds, press F1 to inspect the weapon:
A musical cue indicates that the inspection has started. Now press F1 again repeatedly to clean and lubricate the weapon.

Your Preventative Maintenance Status (either "cleaning" or "lubricating") is determined by the speed with which you press the F1 key and will be displayed above your head.

To accurately simulate real life maintenance mistakes, pressing F1 too quickly will lubricate either the bolt face or the trunnion block. Pressing F1 too slowly sprays lubricant directly into the buffer tube. All mistakes render the gun inoperable, though this may not become immediately apparent.

Experiment with keypress timing to avoid (and discover!) other common maintenance errors.

In order to balance the improved stopping power of a well-maintained weapon, the reloading process has been made much less reliable.

When reloading, you should listen for two or three distinct clicks over a period of several seconds.

If you hear one click or no clicks or more than two clicks, you've bent the link ejector chute and the gun will most likely explode on the next attempt to fire it, though it may not.
--------------------------------

I suspect the date is relevant

TTFN

Sc00by
02-04-05, 09:44 AM
Good solid patch that... :) can't see anything at all wrong with any of that.

I'm off to try out the eyewear ;)

Crippler2032
02-04-05, 09:46 AM
50% reduction in AWP price.... that means i'll be able to steal them of skav twice as often... :P ;)

Sc00by
02-04-05, 09:53 AM
I think that they missed a great opportunity with this patch really. I mean they could've given the AWP away with a happy meal, made the AK only available from soem dodgy geezer in the far corner of the pub car park (what do you mean some maps don't have pubs? :shock: ) and made every 6th round on half the guns get jammed, thus meaning you have to press L+SHIFT+CTRL+[numpad*]+G+F12+F3+V (which won't be changeable in the keymap options) to manually remove the stuck shell.

Gamith
02-04-05, 12:33 PM
Pop-up inflatable terrorists on some maps,
random land-mines,
Grannies doing their shopping getting in the way,
Or maybe [Ctrl]+H+[Alt]+B to allow you to run quickly and hop in the air :-)

he he the list could go on forever...

TTFN

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
02-04-05, 02:43 PM
personally i like the idea of akimbo riot shields :)