PDA

View Full Version : Radio 1 Greatest No 1 Poll

gob
03-02-05, 09:28 PM
Radio One ran a poll to celebrate the 1000th number 1 single in the UK charts. No surprise that Bohemian Rhapsody came in first but the number 2 song was a pleasant surprise :)

The Top 20:

1. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
2. Iron Maiden - Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter (Get in there!!!! :rock:)
3. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
4. Madonna - Like a Prayer
5. Madonna - Vogue
6. Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
7. Oasis - Don't Look Back in Anger
8. Abba - Dancing Queen
9. Mariah Carey - Without You (???????????)
10. John Lennon - Imagine
11. The Beatles - Hey Jude
12. Will Young - Leave Right Now
13. Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore
14. Busted - Thunderbirds / 3am
15. Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
16. Kylie Minogue

Azreal
03-02-05, 09:38 PM
17. Tatu - All The Things She Said
14. Busted - Thunderbirds / 3am
12. Will Young - Leave Right Now

Ive no clue how the F these have made it into that list, Im suprised that Robbie Williams isnt in that list.

McBain
03-02-05, 10:43 PM
[quote:47fcd2725d]16. Kylie Minogue

wintermute
03-02-05, 11:08 PM
Ive no clue how the F these have made it into that list, Im suprised that Robbie Williams isnt in that list.

TBH I quite like the Tatu song, though I would have thought it more likely to appear in a TV based poll than a radio one, because the video was what made the song ;) But yes I'd have preferred to see some of Robbie's songs in there :)

What you've got to remember is, most of the best songs don't get to number one anyway...

Rob

McBain
03-02-05, 11:16 PM
It depends on what you classify as falling into the group 'best songs'. It's all a matter of opinion really isn't it. My favourite songs (hence what I would classify as being best) are going to be wildly different to what you classify as best. For example, there are only 2 songs in the list I could listen too much, and I would expect they differ to what everyone else here would pick out.

gob
04-02-05, 10:38 PM
Celine Dion and Mariah Carey - admit it!!! ;)

McBain
04-02-05, 11:02 PM
You got one of them right :side:

I'm quite a big [s:e2d6b59a7a]Celine[/s:e2d6b59a7a] Mariah fan actually ;) (Well, I have one of her albums and she wants a good spanking :twisted: )