PDA

View Full Version : Lost Saved Games

McBain
10-02-05, 10:30 PM
Having re-installed recently, I have just realised my saved games are no longer available (a lot of games these days keep the saves in 'My Documents' which would have been fine :roll: ).

I have two options...

1) I put my old HDD into a machine on the network and get the save games of it. (Where are they kept then?)

2) I find a way of jumping about a third of the way into the game.

I am a bit lazy, so would be interested in just 'cheating' my way to where I was before. I honestly don't want to get further in than I was before, I just cba to work my way through to where I was :? Is there a way of doing this? If not, I guess no biggie, I was going to put my old HDD into my shuttle at somepoint. I guess this would be a reason to get my arse into gear and do it...

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
10-02-05, 10:48 PM
answer to 1 is :

...\steam\steamapps\you@123.com\half-life 2\hl2\save

answer to 2 is that i could email u one of my saves if u tell me where u got to

McBain
11-02-05, 06:33 AM
Hmm, it was a month or so since I played it. I recall doing the bit where the big thing swings through and smashes open the doors (when driving the vehicle along the sewer canals or whatver they are). I'd done the loading the barrels to make the bridge lift so I could jump. I'd got the gun attached to the vehicle. I'd shot down the big gunship.

Not sure which order they happened in, but that perhaps gives you an idea where abouts I was?

Sc00by
11-02-05, 10:26 PM
Yeah I know where you are , but a quick check shows that I don't have a saved game from around there. Sorry.

Hehe - just found that as I've got past that point I can start at the beginning of water hazzard!

I'll have a save game for you shortly Sir!

Sc00by
11-02-05, 11:32 PM
look what I found - it's just past the bit where you get he gun on the hover mower...

unzip it to somewhere like:
E:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\scoobydo_uk@yahoo.com\half-life 2\hl2\SAVE

McBain
11-02-05, 11:34 PM
Nice one Sc00bs :thumbs: Wont be until Monday evening that I get to try it mind you.