PDA

View Full Version : Simpson's Gay Character

gob
22-02-05, 06:32 PM
The creators of the Simpsons unveiled the first gay character in the episode which aired in the States on Sunday.

The episode was one of the best for a while in which the mayor allows Springfield to hold same-sex marriages in order to bring in more tourists.

Homer gets ordained online and starts charging $200 per marriage.

I won't spoil it for Simpson fans out there but it is one of the regular characters who comes out of the closet.

The show airs on Sky One in May apparently and is well worth a gander.

McBain
22-02-05, 10:33 PM
Surely there was the episode with Smithers and the gay chappy? Homer was moaning they are taking all their best names and turning them gay, like Bruce and Shane or something along those lines?

I thought it was also a given that Smithers was gay?

gob
23-02-05, 06:42 AM
I guess it means the first openly gay character. I haven't seen every episode so am just reporting what some of the US papers have said. Won't bother next time.

Azreal
23-02-05, 06:51 AM
I saw that episode, and it wasnt who I thought it would be, they showed it on superbowl sunday.

McBain
23-02-05, 06:54 AM
I figured you were just passing on media reports, so I was just kinda pointing out they make such a big deal of something that I don't think is such a big deal...

I'll try to reply to people less myself, eh :roll:

Smokey
23-02-05, 10:35 AM
I want to know who! Someone pm me

McBain
23-02-05, 06:27 PM
PM sent...

Someone told me today at work, it's obviously big news...

Sc00by
23-02-05, 08:19 PM
Stuff the PM - Post it here ;)

Azreal
23-02-05, 10:08 PM
i remeber hearing about a char on the simpson been gay and I always thought it would be either Lenny or Carl

McBain
23-02-05, 10:42 PM
Okay, spoiler coming, if you don't want to know, look away ;)

Apparently its Pati (Marge's sister)

Okay, no need to look away, the text is white, the line above this, highlight it with your mouse to invert it and see the text clearly :thumbs:

Crippler2032
23-02-05, 10:49 PM
thats really not very well hidden on the blue background of my forum board lol :P

Sc00by
23-02-05, 10:53 PM
what he said :)

**SPOILER**

Though that rasies questions about McGyver that I just don't want answered...