PDA

View Full Version : Homer Simpson: Made in Korea

McBain
04-03-05, 08:29 AM
An interesting article about the animators, here (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/korea_simpsons_dc).

AKOM gets the storyboard, camera and coloring instructions, as well as the voice tracks. It then turns out the episode about three months later.

This bit I don't get. If it takes 3 months to knock out a show, and there are 20+ shows a season... but they manage a season every year... doesn't one season take over 60 months to make?

Smokey
04-03-05, 08:45 AM
I assume they make more than one episode at a time

McBain
04-03-05, 08:50 AM
No wonder it takes them 3 months then :roll: :)

Fizz
04-03-05, 10:57 AM
Still a big Simpsons fan? I find them really going downhill lately...
Family guy is the new Simpsons! :)

McBain
04-03-05, 11:10 AM
I've not seen so much of their more recent episodes. I was a massive fan for the first 7 or 8 seasons I guess. Had around 150 eposides on VHS and used to watch them all the time.

Homer is still the king, but I guess the internet took over and I just don't watch them a much these days.

Fizz
04-03-05, 11:37 AM
Same for me. I had season 3 & 4 taped from the dutch television with dutch voiceovers, when I was 10.
It was quite shocked when I heard the original english voices and it took some time for me to adept.

Smokey
04-03-05, 12:36 PM
What the f**k are you on about? the simpsons rule! even on a bad day they are still funnier then anything.
I will say that I don't tune into the new episodes on a sunday anymore though, the reason being that they are repeated so often that I will no doubt catch them in a month or two and it's always a nice surprise to watch an episode I haven't seen before.