PDA

View Full Version : CoF/Lanarchy 2005 CS:Source Map Pack

McBain
16-04-05, 12:19 PM
I've been putting together a map pack for CS Source recently and have settled on 42 maps for the beta release of the pack. Ideally I would like to get it down to 20-30 maps, so I would appreciate some opinions on them.

I have an spreadsheet with all of the maps listed, and then I score them out of 10. I have removed all those with 4 or lower to give me the beta release. I am now looking to remove another 13 or so, but already there are about 6 assault clones and only one is needed, which takes it below 40.

The maps still in are -aim_akm4ruins2
cs_assault_2005
cs_assault_lith
cs_assault_mini
cs_assault_ren
cs_beirut2
cs_bikini
cs_code_name_otter
cs_deadtown_b6
cs_district7
cs_docks_djfinal
cs_hurst_gold
cs_jungle
cs_mansion
cs_spetsnaz
cs_suburb_beta11d
cs_twilight
de_3rddistrict
de_alivemetal
de_aquox
de_cbble2
de_clubdome_b2
de_courthouse_final
de_courtyard_source
de_deltamill
de_facility007*
de_go_nuke
de_inferno
de_menace_final
de_newportbeach
de_palmsprings*
de_quebec
de_rats*
de_skywalk2
de_speedball_b2
de_vice
de_view
de_zone_industrielle*
fy_dustdm
mcdonalds-mds
OBE_Jungle
zt_assualt

There are still a few 'novelty' maps in there, but them may fall at this point, we'll see how you rate them.

Download Lanarchy 2005 Map Pack (Beta 2) (http://www.cofuk.net/files/maps/lanarchy2005mapsbeta2.rar) now! :)

I would really appreciate if anyone can run through them a few rounds (almost all have working nav files, except the ones in the list with a * ) and post a few words and a rating out of 10 :thumbs: Think about how balanced the map is for 4 to 8 a side games, how nice it looks and if you enjoy playing it.

Skavorn
16-04-05, 01:08 PM
yeah ok....i'll run through 'em over the next few days or so....depending on how much free time I have

Sir Kunmskull
16-04-05, 05:48 PM
Have just gone though all the assult maps and to be honest most of them look great but for a CoF or a lanarchy i would say 2005 is the best one.
There are more ways in to the warehouse for the CT which make is a little easier in this T dominated map. the only prob i found was that the bots got stuck on the grate just outside the hostage room, they didnt realise u have to shoot it out to get to the ladder. mini assualt would be good for a laugh tho its just a blast fest. 9 outta 10 for 2005 7 out of 10 for lith and ren and 6 for mini

Just played beruit2 very good map very big tho would work at a lanarchy but not sure about a cof the only downside i can put on this map is it could turn out to be a awp whore map. it is very dust looking the hostages are very spread out a six on six would work but anything smaller could end up with people running around looking for each other 7 out of 10

McBain
16-04-05, 09:19 PM
Nice one Sir K, thanks :thumbs:

Don't feel you have to give a full critique of each map, there are 42 after all. :) It would take ages :? I got through about 70 maps over a couple of days, and that was making a fair few of the nav files too.

Sir Kunmskull
17-04-05, 11:19 AM
Just played compound good map quiet fair lots of camping spots so skavorn should do well. Once again could turn into an awp whore map, looks ok bit of trouble getting hossies thought the door bots play it well. 8 out of 10

McBain
17-04-05, 05:42 PM
Erm, compound is a standard map... not custom :side:

Anyone fancy a play on the maps tonight? We have our server running them, I can set up port forwarding if anyone fancies it tonight, say 8:30pm? You wont get the best pings ever, and we can probably only cope with 5 or 6 people connecting in at most, but we can use the bots.

Sir Kunmskull
17-04-05, 07:44 PM
ooops errrrrr lets just class that as a skavorn moment lol

McBain
17-04-05, 08:25 PM
Anyone wanting to come try the maps, the IP is 213.152.59.114:27015

McBain
18-04-05, 07:46 AM
Thanks to Sir K, Sc00bs and Mince for joining me and Wint on the server last night, it was a great laugh :thumbs: We'll have to do it again soon :)

Sc00by
18-04-05, 09:19 AM
Yes. Had a scream... Think I want to play the map I joined you on again - I may have been a little harsh on that one...

;)

Is that server up all the time atm?

McBain
18-04-05, 09:21 AM
At present it is yes.

I was a little suprised you guys slated that first one, cs_spetsnaz. I quite like it, looks nice, lots of CT entry points to keep it balanced etc

Sc00by
18-04-05, 11:15 AM
As I say I never really worked out what was where on that one - will give it another go I think.

Mincemeat
18-04-05, 11:29 AM
yes. I enjoyed it. Was nice to play some new maps (and knife scoobs :) )

I wont be around till the Lanarchy this saturday though...

McBain
20-04-05, 11:21 PM
Version 2 of the map pack is now uploaded, and trimmed down to just over 120meg.

Get it here (http://www.cofuk.net/files/maps/lanarchy2005mapsbeta2.rar).

There isn't really any need to download this one if you have the last one. Only 2 maps where added... de_vertigo and de_hermosa :thumbs:

McBain
25-04-05, 05:54 PM
These map packs have been superceded by the one found in this thread (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2670).