PDA

View Full Version : Suggest an Add-on

McBain
24-04-05, 08:55 AM
If you know any cool add-on that can enhance the CSS experience, please let me know.

At present we have the Mani Admin Plugin (http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/forums/portal.php) and I'm currently trying TerraStats (http://terrastats.hl2-dev.com/).

I don't particularly want add-ons that totally change the game, but rather give additional information or stop something happening that is an annoyance to regular users. (Something that turns team wounders into a goat for example ;) )

It should be easily managed by the admins and preferable easy to enable and disable.

Mincemeat
24-04-05, 11:49 AM
Theres an add on whereby if you Knife someone, you mug them of their cash. X-Lans server uses it (not sure though)

Skavorn
24-04-05, 02:33 PM
yeah......i think it's called the mug mod or something....its really cool....however everyone tends to be that extra bit mroe aware to knives on that server

McBain
27-04-05, 09:42 PM
I've installed two things tonight.

MugMod - Knife someone and steal all their money!

Eric's Team Balancer - If things get a little out of hand, eric steps in and balances the teams properly*

Let me know how you get on with them. I can imagine mugmod will annoy some of the more regular knife victims :lol:

* even if its 5 v 5, if one team is whooping the other, Eric swaps people about to balance things out.

helios
03-05-05, 04:23 PM
ETB is just plain annoying, and stretches out maps too long sometimes.

MugMod is just plain fun. gr8 laughs, watching peps trying to knife you and then shooting them in the head.

edit - just found another mod that complements the mug mod - the syphon mod

avaliable from http://mattie.info/cs/, the same place as mug mod, it increases your health as you kill with the knife.

McBain
03-05-05, 04:45 PM
Just for those annoyed with getting switched about by Eric all the time, here is how the friends thing works -

How do friends work?

Friends can be accessed by either saying friends or typing friends into the console. If you click on a name in the friends list, a friendship request will be sent to them. You can only have a certain number of friendships (requests are counted as full friendships) specified by etb_friends. If the players you request friendships with click on your name when they access their friends, a friendship is formed. If a friend disconnects, the friendship is broken. Friendships persist as long as the server is running. If the server crashes or is stopped, friendships are lost.

How do friendships prevent players from being switched?

Players who have friends on their team will not be switched if an alternative player with a similar score and no friends on his or her team exists. The maximum difference in those scores is specified by etb_friends_protection.

See how that helps and let me know :)

Crippler2032
03-05-05, 05:36 PM
Having used the friends thing on the X-lans server its not actually that great. half the time it just switches you anyways...

Sc00by
03-05-05, 06:55 PM
I'm with the above - it's annoying... If teams are wrong we can swap sides ourselves, being auto swapped is a PITFA :?

helios
03-05-05, 07:04 PM
I'm with the above - it's annoying... If teams are wrong we can swap sides ourselves, being auto swapped is a PITFA :?

couldn't a sed it better?

so who wants to turn everyone into mindless, knife-wielding, mugging vampires?

go on, you know you want to.......

McBain
04-05-05, 05:46 AM
I'll probably turn it off then (you big bunch of girls :roll: ) I'll set one of the rcon commands in Mani options to turn it on and off to admins can change it if needed...

IXL
04-05-05, 07:08 AM
Having used the friends thing on the X-lans server its not actually that great. half the time it just switches you anyways...

It only switches you if the teams are seriously unfairly balanced and it cant find a suitable alternative.

I dont have it on the new server tho atm. Useful for match playing but thats all really.

McBain
11-05-05, 07:45 AM
If teams are wrong we can swap sides ourselves
Well I know this to be not necessarily the case. When I joined alivemetal the other day, Cripp, Helios and company were merrily whooping some poor new folk something like 14-1 with Cripp on 45-5 :roll: Hardly going to make the targets want to come back to our server :?

Anyway, the reason I came to this thread... I've add a couple of things.

It now announces who had the most kills in the round.

I can make the console respond to certain things said. Say '#help' to get a list of a few of the things I've entered already. If anyone has suggestions for more, let me know.

helios
11-05-05, 12:27 PM
what else are we meant to do#? we started with bot whoopin, and people joined and got moved to the other team.....

McBain
11-05-05, 12:44 PM
You switch over to try and balance the teams, like I was doing when I joined. :)

helios
11-05-05, 02:38 PM
true, but we just werent dying, and didn't want a suicide on us :D

but that flying when you injure a team mate is fun and annoying at the same time, especially when your team mates tend to run after your grenades and cross your line of fire sometimes. :D

Penguin
11-05-05, 05:21 PM
i had a suggestion from.... another gaming member :side: that we should add a #penguin133 that says "penguin133 is the greatest gamer ever" :D

"team mates tend to run after your grenades"

yeah... especially when helios throws them at them :P

helios
11-05-05, 05:26 PM
i say "Flashbang goin in", wait a second and throw, or "nade going in" an people run straight in afterwards.

occasionally, i bounce them wrong, or don wait long enuff to throw, but who dont?

Penguin
11-05-05, 05:30 PM
lol, I love tht time in twilight, we run into hossie room from different sides, u look at me, get out a flashbang and throw it at my feet :D

"bounce them wrong". lol. reminds me of a CAD comic :P u usually bounce them straight off the wall onto me or u :/

helios
12-05-05, 06:53 AM
ususally cus i see an enemy infront o me, move to the side, forget im flashin an let it go

to try an get my gun :twisted:

McBain
12-05-05, 05:55 PM
On the add-on front, would people like to see -

A) Players fined $500 for every team wound? (Amount can be adjusted)

B) A smaller proportion of cash taken for being knife killed?

helios
12-05-05, 07:05 PM
not every team wound is the wounders fault, albeit quite a few are. so i would say, no dont fine, unless you can do it for repeated team wounding?

The mugging thing is good, an stealing everything can be harsh BUT is also good. so i would say no, don lower the stealin thing

Penguin
12-05-05, 07:10 PM
yeah, i agree with helios. Like a time one of my team members shot at me. I shoot back straight away, without figuring in what ever my reaction time is, that the guy was on my team. I hit him. He had 6 hp and then wonders why he died...

B) A smaller proportion of cash taken for being knife killed?

Is this because i knifed you last night :P or is it because i have more knife kills than you :P:D

Gamith
13-05-05, 05:48 AM
I do feel that taking all the money when mugging is rather unfair since it means that one player gets not only the kill money AND the mugging money, but that the other player then has nothing to start the next round and is at a real disadvantage - probably for several rounds.

Team hits/kills are annoying (I did at least one last night) and a system where x dollars are deducted for each hit point would be fairer, say 5 dollars? though of course they may not always have the money.
Sometimes of course it's not the hitters fault - you might shout about putting a grenade in and yet others will fun forward - is it right to punish the thrower? I don't think so.

TTFN

McBain
13-05-05, 07:22 AM
The other question would be whether we should turn Eric back on. I lost count last night how many times someone would join the team that already had one extra player :roll: Eric wouldn't let this happen. Maybe I should just try fiddling with the settings more so that it forces people to join the correct team, but it doesn't mess with them too much after that?

Lestat
13-05-05, 07:28 AM
I would turn on eric I always press auto select but it always puts me on the team with more people, no my laziness does not allow me to view the teams first i just wanna get in on the action.

helios
13-05-05, 09:40 AM
yeah, eric was good, except when it moved someone who survived around and they loose all of their kit if they get switched.

Sc00by
13-05-05, 10:10 PM
If you can stop Eric moving people once they are playing then I agree that he should be switched back on... (for what my opinion is worth ;) )

As to mugging - 50% of cash would be fairer I think (and no I've not been knifed - yet... )

Penguin
14-05-05, 10:02 AM
I think Eric is ok with people most of the time- but if there are 5 people vs 5 bots, then t sucks when eric moves it so it's 4 ppl+ 1 bot vs

McBain
14-05-05, 10:25 AM
Yeah, but that is what it is there for. If the 5 people are just beating up on the bots to increase their ratings :roll: its a bit cheap isn't it. People should earn their rank. :)

Penguin
14-05-05, 10:59 AM
I meant its a bit unfair because it ends up being 1 vs 5 cos the bots are so predictable on some maps...

helios
15-05-05, 07:54 AM
If you put an option is the admin "Rcon Commands" in the mani Admin menu to turn it on and off, i think it might work better.

McBain
15-05-05, 08:01 AM
Good thinking, when I can upload the new list, it'll be in there :thumbs:

McBain
30-05-05, 08:59 AM
Something that seems to be popular on other servers is a LastManStanding script. Basically, when it gets down to the last two people on each team, you can bet on who will win.

I'm a little cautious about adding this, as it might mean some very easy money when a good player is left against a pleb with 5 health. I did offer advice of how to include 'odds' but the writer didn't want to complicate things :(

What do we think, sounds fun or not?

Sc00by
30-05-05, 10:25 AM
You can give it a try... What's the worst that can happen. Whack it on, have a play with it, get soem feedback. If it's crap then get it off again ASAP.

helios
30-05-05, 02:54 PM
Knife syphon - its fun, an d promotes knife kills - you know you want to.

That mod, last man standing sounds good, have a play. Put in some rcon things in the mani menu to turn it off if there r problems might be a good idea though.

McBain
30-05-05, 03:27 PM
Nah, don't really see the point of knife syphon with mugmod already there. (knife syphon means if you knife someone, you get extra health too)

There will be a trivia mod going on soon. When you die, you're asked a question, (all dead players the same Q) who ever answers first, gets a little cash bonus :) I just need to put together enough questions...

Gamith
30-05-05, 06:05 PM
How about upping the starting money so that more things are affordable after mugging or starting from new?

TTFN

h0b0
17-06-05, 07:51 AM
I like the Quiz idea. I like to think my general knowledge is good :)

helios
24-07-05, 02:07 AM
Noticed that the standard map serer has been empty all day, how about this, replace it with a 20 man zombie server (mod here www.zombiehorde.com)

That should make it unique and popular, or a server with sipers only with sniper-oriented maps.

Pandaz
24-07-05, 11:27 AM
that does look like a nice little server side mod, id be up for a late night zombie killing spree :)

McBain
03-08-05, 09:06 AM
Matties Event scripts have gone back on this morning. It seems a little laggy to me, but my CSS on this PC always seems a bit laggier than others...

It now announces each round who had the most kills, it should announce anyone on a killing spree of at least 5 (not seen one to confirm yet) and you can place bets on which team will win, once you die.

Now all I need to know is if the slight extra lag (if there is any) is worth the extra bits and peices. Let me know folks :)

Sc00by
03-08-05, 11:57 AM
No noticable lag, but I appear to have got worse at the game again - I suspect that I need some sleep

McBain
03-08-05, 07:35 PM
It appears the Counter-Bet doesn't actually pay out just yet. I've upgraded Mani to make it work, but need to restart all servers, so I'll wait and do that tomorrow morning.

helios
03-08-05, 08:15 PM
ya, the ma_givecash command hasn't been working on the servers for a while.

All be it, people have been having fun with it :D

All be it, tho it may be totally unrealtaed, i was getting a fair bit of lag earlier on.

McBain
05-08-05, 11:19 PM
There is now a plugin on the custom map server that will ask everyone to rate the current map around round 10.

I think I can then use these ratings to see which maps people don't like and try replacing them with different maps :thumbs:

[BFs]AnastieByte
07-08-05, 06:44 AM
I like the idea of map ratings. Good move folks :)