cs_terminal7
de_deltamill2
de_arabianvillage-v2
de_menace_small
cs_mercado
de_alivemetal
cs_spetsnaz_v2
de_canal
de_zone-industrielleGet v1.2.1 of the Map Pack Here (http://www.nurcs.com/Lanarchy_Maps_1.2.1.rar)
This contains all the current maps played on our custom map server.

I would like to point out that these maps are not the work of any of us on this forum, but have been tested and rated by us and then packaged up in a nice easy rar file :thumbs:

McBain
27-04-05, 03:24 PM
I've put together a few more decent custom maps for us to try, get them here (http://www.cofuk.net/files/maps/extra_maps.rar). They are only 30meg.

They wont be put into the rotation just yet, until we have a decent sized group of them and they've all been thoroughly tested, but get them installed so we can load one in from time to time. The maps are - cs_assaultvilla, cs_xcom, de_inferno_tt, de_kilo2, de_massawa, fy_poolday_reunion.

McBain
03-05-05, 09:57 AM
Does anyone happen to have webspace with near unlimited bandwidht? :side:

There is a command we can use that when someone connects, they actually download the maps from a website rather than the server, meaning the maps download much, much quicker. I think this would mean that we would have more people sticking around for maps to download and the server would be busier.

The problem being, I am guessing it burns a LOT of bandwidth. I might test it on one of my own sites and monitor the bandwidth to see how much it really takes, but I thought I'd ask, there might be someone out there that can help :)

This is more for my reference (so I don't lose them :roll: ) but comment if you know anything about them. I've found -

Ancile Hosting UK (http://www.ancilehosting.co.uk/hosting.php) that will do 25gig a month for

Penguin
03-05-05, 03:49 PM
I have about 25gig bandwith a month, of which I use about300-400 meg

I'd be happy to help as long as I can cut it if I reach about 300 meg left :P

Oh, I can also get an extra gig of bandwith for

McBain
03-05-05, 03:57 PM
Thanks Penguin. I've got 80gig now, but if we start to fill that up I'll give you a shout if thats okay? :) 80 should be enough though, we'll see how it goes :)

**EDIT** The new map cycle is in place. If the server changes to a map you don't have, frett not, with the http download re-direct inplace it will only take a minute or two to download the new maps. You should hopefully only miss the pistol round ;)

McBain
04-05-05, 10:31 AM
Could be interesting... we used just under 2 gig in our first day :side: If they server gets popular this could really burn some bandwidth :? I guess as more people get the maps though, there will be less downloading.

McBain
04-05-05, 12:30 PM
I've just uploaded cs_mercado and de_gristmill to the server, both of which look quite good. De_cbble2 and de_vice have been removed from the map cycle.

helios
04-05-05, 05:57 PM
which map pack are these in? or can you give us individual links to the HTTP redirect location that is used for the server?

McBain
04-05-05, 06:13 PM
The way I see it, as you can now download by connecting to the server just as quick as a link (infact quicker, as it puts all the files in the right place for you ;) ) when 1 or 2 maps go in, I won't necessarily provide links. A quick google will probably reveal a few though. :)

**EDIT** Btw, cs_docks_djfinal is now in the rotation too as I have found a working nav file for it :thumbs:

McBain
11-05-05, 08:38 AM
In our first week the server has used 18 gig of bandwidth from the map host site. Could be quite close actually then :?

helios
11-05-05, 12:18 PM
just shows that the server is popular

Penguin
11-05-05, 05:30 PM
i can provide some extra bandwith :)

McBain
27-05-05, 09:10 AM
So, new versions of deltamill, assaultvilla and spetsnaz have been added, along with de_guerilla_tactics which I think should be great fun with a server full of people :) Give it a go if you get a chance. :thumbs:

helios
27-05-05, 10:19 AM
lets see who finds that little bomb thing i found on the only bomb site.

McBain
28-05-05, 05:08 AM
Well, although I was really enjoying the game we had on guerilla_tactics last night, apparently it crashed just after I left, so for now I've taken it back off the mapcycle. It is technically still in beta, so I guess I'll have to wait until it gets finished...

The guy that gave me the nav file for the bots said he'd had his crash a couple of times too.

It was pretty tough mind you, when the Terrorists actually started rushing and planting, it was hard as a CT to eliminate all the T and get the thing defused. I don't think we did it once infact.

ollie_b
24-07-05, 07:30 PM
I have 2 say, althought u see the usual peeps on ur server, there r so many new ppl cummin on, sum pretty good ones aswell! I recon, if its possible, maybe change a few maps on ur server now and again, so theres summin fresh 2 play, as u know sum ppl get bored of the same stuff, so they go else where, but its not my place 2say much about this, jus thought i'd give my personal opinion!

McBain
24-07-05, 09:33 PM
I totally agree, the problem is, I'm not going to put some second rate map on the server for the sake of having something new to play. Unfortunately there just aren't that many good custom maps out there still... If you know of any, don't be shy!

We had about 50 for CS1.6, which we loved... maybe we should get a 1.6 custom map server up and running?

helios
25-07-05, 12:01 AM
lol, i know the feeling of crap maps. Remeber that week i went through like 200 maps, and sent you about 20 that were the best of the bunch? how many made it to the server, about 2. 2 of 200 custom maps, thats how stringent we are.

But, we are always on the lookout for good custom maps.

McBain
06-08-05, 11:58 AM
Today I've added -cs_fickendilly_final (assault villa style)
cs_lockdown (I think this might actually be DM style though...)
cs_october (possibly a bit dark, let me know)
de_rennes_v1 (Nice looking map)
de_venice (great looking map)

!i Rabbi Ishmael i!
25-08-05, 11:18 PM
hey mcbain or any available admin.....

the rabbi's would like to ask if de_losttemple could be added to the custome server maps list as it is quite frankly awesome.

check it out/download here http://dx.ampednews.com/?page=downloads&id=4263

ty The Rabbi's

McBain
26-08-05, 05:27 AM
Looks nice enough. I'l take a proper look this weekend :) Thanks.

McBain
26-08-05, 08:04 PM
Tonight I had my first real play on de_venice... OMG I love it :thumbs: It's like a small figure 8 type thing (or maybe B shaped). Very fast.

Then it moved on to de_losttemple... and I love that too :wub: Again, quite small and quick, looks great, although it seems a little distance from one bombsite to the other. But I can live with that :)

Please guys, any more maps to suggest, just let me know ;)

pitchblack
26-08-05, 08:14 PM
How about the mcdonalds one for a laugh?

McBain
26-08-05, 10:21 PM
I think thats more likely for the speed server isn't it? We don't particularly want 'novelty' maps on the custom map server.

Trivium
23-06-06, 01:32 PM
lol mcbain can i beg for you to put coldfusion on the server? its an awesome map and quite unbiased so good for a fair fight. check it out please. thanks. matt

helios
23-06-06, 03:39 PM
just FYI, that is going to be in the map pack i am doing atm, hopefully get it done tonight (just need to make some nav files)

Trivium
23-06-06, 04:31 PM
thats awesome news helios thanks man!!! =D

matt

Trivium
23-06-06, 06:13 PM
mcbain i have a website but im not sure about the bandwidth if i found out if you could use it then i would host the maps? matt

McBain
23-06-06, 09:54 PM
As we use url redirects, I don't really worry about the map pack being uploaded each update, it's actually quicker to just connect to the server, as it puts all the files in place for you, no unzipping.