PDA

View Full Version : Dukes of Hazzard - the movie.

Sc00by
26-05-05, 11:45 PM
Sean william Scott? :( (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thedukesofhazzard/)

But tbh, if it has lots of car chases and even a fraction of the humour of the TV show, I'll be happy...

McBain
27-05-05, 07:54 AM
:lol: I think it looks f00kin brilliant :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sc00by
06-08-05, 05:50 PM
I found a good review of this film - took me about an hour of searching... :?

I love the original Dukes, great TV, looks like they have made a right mess of the film :( Still going to have to go watch it though ;)

SpyHunterUK
06-08-05, 07:04 PM

It doesnt even come out for another 3 weeksish ao thats no surprise :P

But it does come out on my birthday so might see it then :)

Crippler2032
06-08-05, 07:05 PM

It doesnt even come out for another 3 weeksish ao thats no surprise :P

But hasnt it been out in the states for ages?

SpyHunterUK
06-08-05, 07:09 PM
But hasnt it been out in the states for ages?

Yeah, but not here in the UK.

And www.empireonline.com is good for reviews, iirc they have their review of Dukes of Hazzard up on Aug 12.

Sc00by
06-08-05, 07:20 PM
Yeah its been out in the states for a while and all the reviews were from there.

*pats spyhunter on the head*

McBain
06-08-05, 09:44 PM
It takes him a while, but he gets there in the end ;)

Azreal
06-08-05, 09:54 PM
its directed by Jay Chandrasekhar who has a small cult following for his broken lizard films , such as Super Troopers and Club Dread ( one of Crips fav films if Im not mistaken ), he also directed a couple of the Arrested Developement episodes, so I might check this out when it eventually gets here

Crippler2032
07-08-05, 05:44 PM
Super Troopers RULZ!

gob
13-08-05, 08:34 PM
Super Troopers and Club Dread - top films :thumbs:

Azreal
13-08-05, 08:53 PM
I kinda liked club dread better, btw has anyone seen dukes of hazzard yet?

gob
14-08-05, 06:44 PM
NOt here - 2 weeks to go till the YEEEHAAAAAA's hit the UK screens.

Club Dread was very good - but Super Troopers just nicks it for me.

gob
06-09-05, 03:56 PM
Sean william Scott? :( (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thedukesofhazzard/)

But tbh, if it has lots of car chases and even a fraction of the humour of the TV show, I'll be happy...

Unfortunately a fraction of the humour of the TV show would have been an improvement on what they produced. Its like they took the names from the TV series and made something shite.

Basically this film sucks. There are some good bits but overall it is really bad and I can see why it totally bombed in the States.

Sean William Scott is totally miscast in this and Johnny Knoxville while better doesn't fare much better. And as for Burt Reynolds - WHY????

A lot of the scenes seemed forced and there is a terrible scene in Atlanta when the Dukes drive the General Lee complete with Confederate Flag into the city. To me it felt like the studio made them put this scene in to please the PC brigade. Not good.

Being directed by Jay Chandrasekhar I expected it to at least be funny but for the most part it wasn't.

He did bring most of his Broken Lizard pals along for cameos and the scenes involving these guys are the best in the film by a long way.

Also good are scenes when Jessica Simpson is on the (40') screen and she really can't act but then who the hell cares!! http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/yikes.gif (http://www.nearlygood.com)

Ratings:

Jessica Simpson Scenes - 8/10 (not enough of these)
Broken Lizard Cameos - 9/10 (not enough of these)
Any scene with Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg - 0/10 (one was too many)
Overall 3/10 - wait for it on Sky

pitchblack
06-09-05, 04:29 PM
Well i watched and it was quite good i thought.

Azreal
06-09-05, 08:38 PM
lol thanks for the warning G, its opening this weekend at my local cinema so I think I will skip this one .

gob
06-09-05, 09:46 PM
To be fair to it, it didn't totally bomb in the US - in fact it had a very strong opening weekend and then bombed meaning bad word of mouth. And its overall take of just under $80mn is ok but not for a comedy that cost an estimated $55mn to make.

I wrote my last post having just seen it and on reflection it would have been an ok movie if all scenes with Boss Hogg and Roscoe P Coltraine had been removed. Burt Reynolds really is that bad and his scenes are awful.

And compared to the other big comedies this year - Hitch and Wedding Crashers - this was a massive disappointment.

ratty
07-09-05, 08:15 AM
I saw it last week (orange wednesdays rock!!!!)

i liked it.

lots of V8s/V10s tearing up the place, and sounding fantastic.
The General looking great, sounding great, with lots of sideways action
A quite a few comical moments
A good selection of car chases
Jessica Simpson looking great (she cant act to save her life, her voice was getting annoying, but she was there as eye candy - and pulled it off well)

i thought it was gonna be a complete pile of doggy doo, but was pleasantly suprised.

i may get it on DVD

ArTFuL DoDGeR
01-04-06, 06:05 PM
I saw it quite a while a go now but i still liked it i would give it 7.5 out of 10 just because there is not enough Jessica Simspon scences :P Seeing as its in the same category as Starsky and Hutch being an American TV remake i would rather watch starsky and hutch, i thought that was a bit funnier.

Stokes