PDA

View Full Version : Steam Login problem

briktopp
01-06-05, 09:25 PM
i dont remember loggin out and now I cant log back in. it does not like the passwords i use so i try to retrieve the info i need. it keeps telling me its sending emails to me but they dont arrive and my email account seems fine!!

anyone else experience this

McBain
01-06-05, 09:57 PM
Never had a problem? Have you checked what e-mail address is actually associated with the steam account?

briktopp
02-06-05, 02:27 PM
well i'm not confident about the email address now but i managed to login by trying different account names but when i did it wanted me to enter the CD key in again to get access to counter strike and all my key binds had gone to default values???

when i got on the lanarchy server it looked kind of laggy and the graphics looked blocky. i remember steam had been telling me repeately to update my graphics driver before this happened so i did this and it seemed to solve the blockiness and lagginess.

i might try and contact valve support about it. I dont know how i managed to log out in the first place but i wish i had the account details written down soomewhere

McBain
02-06-05, 05:14 PM
Does that mean you have two CS:S accounts?

Mincemeat
04-06-05, 12:18 PM
uninstall steam, reinstall source and new gfx drivers.

briktopp
04-06-05, 02:04 PM
Does that mean you have two CS:S accounts?

it seems so but i cant figure out my other a/c or the email address associated with it. the only other email address I have is briktopp@lanarchy but i dont use it and i daren't look at it for all the spam it has on it. Maybe i should and ask you guys to delete it as It may be taking up room.

I have sent a lon email to steam support to see if they can help before i start installing and uninstalling things

:(

wintermute
05-06-05, 09:00 AM
i daren't look at it for all the spam it has on it.

Spam won't cause you actual physical harm ;) Use a mail client with built in spam filtering (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/) and it shouldn't take too long...

Rob

briktopp
08-06-05, 08:52 PM
i dont know if im being extremely stupid here but i havnt got cs:source. On my games it says that it is just released but its asking me to purchase the a package or register a product i already own. having got a retail copy /CD_Key i naturally try to enter the key wondering why it doesnt just upgrade me. it tells me my CD key is in use already????

This is extremely fustrating

McBain
08-06-05, 08:57 PM
This is what it sounds like to me. You say you have 2 accounts. Your trying to log in with your first one, which maybe you used to play 1.6 with. You then bought HL2 and made a new account, entered the CD key and got CS:S. You've now gone back to log in with the first one, and trying to enter the key again will tell you its in use... cause it's in your second account already...

Just a shot in the dark...

briktopp
09-06-05, 12:08 AM
This is what it sounds like to me. You say you have 2 accounts. Your trying to log in with your first one, which maybe you used to play 1.6 with. You then bought HL2 and made a new account, entered the CD key and got CS:S. You've now gone back to log in with the first one, and trying to enter the key again will tell you its in use... cause it's in your second account already...

Just a shot in the dark...

well it turned out i did have a 2nd account was just me being a dumbass - i had lost the piece of paper with the details and the email on the a/c was wrong so i couldnt retrieve it either

:oops:

helios
09-06-05, 01:25 AM
ah, so have valve done anything for you?

McBain
09-06-05, 08:23 AM
There must be a retrieval system, using e-mail addys? Surely there are only so many e-mail addy's you could have used to register? Just enter them all?

briktopp
09-06-05, 01:10 PM
There must be a retrieval system, using e-mail addys? Surely there are only so many e-mail addy's you could have used to register? Just enter them all?

yes there is but i had set up a steam a/c with hotmail email address ending .com as opposed to co.uk which is the correct version

Valve did not help i just found my password for my a/c lying around. I think the other a/c i looged into ( baring in mind you can only have 1 steam a/c per purchase) was the one that got disabled after buying the game off ebay. seemingly its no longer completely disabled!!!

McBain
09-06-05, 01:13 PM
You bought HL2 though right? You must have, you were playing Source only a week ago. How did you log in then? Brikky, you're well confusing me now... :munt:

helios
09-06-05, 01:22 PM
:that:

:pig: :crazy: :?:

So do you or don't you have a working Counter Strike Source?

briktopp
15-06-05, 05:45 PM
You bought HL2 though right? You must have, you were playing Source only a week ago. How did you log in then? Brikky, you're well confusing me now... :munt:

yes i bought HL2. I'm back to normal service cs wise as i played in a lny game the other day you will know that already- still shite though. I think my in-game graphics settings were set to high hence crashing during game