PDA

View Full Version : Custom Map Server Increase in Capacity

McBain
04-06-05, 11:18 AM
That's right, the custom map server has gone up to a 20 man server!

We've found the server has been increasing in popularity over the last few weeks, often filling up, especially on maps like cs_bank. Now we can fit two more people on each side, to make things even more crazy! :P

The IP address hasn't changed, so get yourself on there, now! ;)

Lanarchy.co.uk Custom Maps w/Stats *NO SNIPERS* - IP: 82.136.20.21:27045

Sc00by
04-06-05, 11:45 AM
yay!

:ele:

Penguin
04-06-05, 01:27 PM
:ele:

w00t :D

Mincemeat
04-06-05, 01:34 PM
wow.

Brisk4
04-06-05, 02:46 PM
woohoo , 20 man :P:Pnice

:D

helios
04-06-05, 04:49 PM
yeha, more fun ......................

:twisted:

Penguin
04-06-05, 05:32 PM
I saw it with 19 people earlier, and it wasnt on bank :P

McBain
04-06-05, 05:34 PM
Cool :thumbs:

McBain
05-06-05, 10:20 PM
Well, look at the graph in my sig. The extra slots got used tonight, often up at 9 on 9 and a couple of times 10 on 10...

Great night though. Why did all the CiB guys leave when I teleported EVERYONE onto the roof on assault? I thought it was a right old giggle... obviously not :roll: Oh well, you live and learn :lol:

Gamith
06-06-05, 05:21 AM
Maybe they thought it was a haxxor - maybe they just like playing the game as is?

I must admit that if it had happened to me on a public server I would have found another.

I remember on a UT server watching someone leaping onto the top wall of a castle and all the other players yelling 'haxx' and then leaving - I did the same.

TTFN

McBain
06-06-05, 08:05 AM
But it shows the message 'playername is teleported by McBain (Admin)' so they would know if wasn't anyone hacking....

Ahh well. :?

Lestat
06-06-05, 08:30 AM
yeah teleporting slapping and general admin powers do piss alot of people off mainly cause alot of servers out there have idiots as admins. frankly long is it does not interfere with gameplay or slow down the play I think no one will have a problem with it.

Sc00by
06-06-05, 09:27 AM
Have to confess that abuse of admin powers would make me leave a server too... Whilst slapping a mate about is fun, mass teleportation of everyone probably isn't for the guys that are just playing... Be interesting to see if any of those guys come back tbh... I think that if I'd been ported about by an admin on a server I wouldn't bother going back!

Whilst I agree that to you (and me) it's just a laugh, when you are playing a game and someone start randomly moving people about I can see how it would annoy people. I've been on servers where the admins have started messing about with gravity settings and the like. I left, I've never been back...

McBain
06-06-05, 12:16 PM
I think the gravity thing is a bit different. That is often done on the request of the players themselves. I already know if we're going to change grav settings, we do a vote first.

On the teleport, tbh I hadn't really meant it to happen. Or should I say I didn't really expect it to work... I won't say what command did it, to make sure we don't do it again :lol:

Yeah, I hope the CiG guys do come back. Hopefully they realise it is not the norm for the admins to be messing about with people (unless they ask, like Marvin :roll: )

helios
06-06-05, 12:29 PM
lol, marvin luvs bein burnt :S i think he is funny :lol:

h0b0
06-06-05, 01:18 PM
I think its funny :lol: , you need to surprize us more often, keep us on our feet. Make the game alot more intresting.
P.s the 20 man server rocks :thumbs: