PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Sith ***SPOILERS***

McBain
13-06-05, 02:34 PM
I notice no-one has actually started a thread about the film yet, now I've seen it a couple of times, I figure I might as well.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. By far the best of Ep 1 through 3 and might even rank up there with the better originals. Maybe it seems better than it really is just because it is the final peice of the puzzle (well, 1-6 anyway) and it makes everything fit together.

I thought Anakin was a little easily pursuaded to go nasty though wasn't he? He went right in at the deep end too, nothing simple, went straight to killing small children!

Anyway, all in all, I thought it was very good, 8.5/10

helios
13-06-05, 02:54 PM
i liked, bit lame where he slices Mace's hand off, Sidius shocks him outta the window and Anakin falls to his knees and says "what have i done" and promptly joins the dark side.

Other points of interest were that they made a point of showing ObiWan taking Anakins lightsaber, and they got over the fact that he was too short to be vader by slicing off his legs :twisted:

Overal, quite good :D

Brisk4
13-06-05, 03:49 PM
very nice to see the entire thing finished, but also sad seeing there might not be more, i heard tho 7 8 9 are in consideration :s

yoda just owns, to be honest, most of the film seems to be sad and suffering lol, all the jedis dying for example, which i dont see in many other films

helios
13-06-05, 04:02 PM
There is supposed to be a TV series between ep 3 and 4

[OLSC]Hitman
13-06-05, 04:19 PM
Yes, I'd heard that too.

There are supposed to be 2 TV series on the drawing board. One animated (Clone Wars style), the other live-action (Star Trek style). Neither will focus on any characters from the film but will be set in the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

I just hope they do proceed with at least one of them, some of the Expanded Universe fiction is very good. Though I'm not a great fan of the NJO series and the Yuuzhan Vong.

Psycho Hamster
13-06-05, 04:37 PM
It would be good if the live action series centred around the other Jedi that dont get killed at the temple or by the clones, I mean the ones that where out doing other missions on there own and stuff.

They could do a diferant Jedi each week and show if that Jedi makes it out alive and hides like Yoda and Obi-Wan, or gets killed by the Empire....

helios
13-06-05, 05:07 PM
I thought it was only meant to be Yoda and Obi Wan survived............

Psycho Hamster
13-06-05, 08:17 PM
I thought it was only meant to be Yoda and Obi Wan survived............

THey are the only one's in EPIV to VI, but whos to say more didnt servive and just hid.

I read somwhere that at the time of EPIII there where thousends of Jedi, not all of which where at the temple or heading up clone troopers....

Azreal
14-06-05, 02:14 PM
One thing I dont understand , is at the end of Return of the Jedi how is it possible that Anakin learnt to become a force ghost (like Ben kenobi and yoda) I mean towards the end of ROTS yoda tells Obi that he has some more teaching for him which he learnt from his old master Qui Gon. But how is it possible that Anakin knows these teachings to become a force ghost if he was Palpatines aprentice and palpatine was seeking these same teachings as a sith.

oh and am I the only one that felt sick in the stomach when vader screamed ''nooooooo'' sorry that was so un Vader like.

and its pretty obvously that Lucas has never spoken to a chick before, the Dialog between Padme and Anakin is proof of this.

McBain
14-06-05, 04:30 PM
oh and am I the only one that felt sick in the stomach when vader screamed ''nooooooo'' sorry that was so un Vader like.
Totally. Just a zoom in on him, the breathing and him turning and walking away would have been better....

Brisk4
14-06-05, 05:10 PM
i liked when he was released from the bed , he walked all wonky lol

gob
14-06-05, 09:00 PM
Saw this today and wasn't too impressed. I actually fell asleep at one point. As Az said the scenes with Anakin and Amidala were boring and badly written and it was one of these that sent me off. I liked the last 15 minutes or so but it did feel a bit hurried trying to tie up all the loose ends and link in with episode 4.

As already mentioned the best character by far was Yoda and the only good acting performance was Ian McDiarmid (and a very very short appearance by Christopher Lee). Why has Ewan McGregor acted so badly in these 3 films? And will someone please get Hayden Christiansen some acting lessons!! He is terrible.

Part of the problem could be the fact that George Lucas let himself direct the 3 films. He is a great producer having created 2 of the most successful movie franchises in history but please George - no more directing. I thought he had learned that when he gave up the reins for Empire and Return of the Jedi but no.

The original trilogy also had genuinely funny lines and characters I cared about. These 3 had humour based on silly accents and droids making stupid noises and I really didn't give a crap what happened to any of them.

Overall 5/10. The best of the second trilogy but not a patch on any of the original films.

helios
14-06-05, 09:07 PM
It was Padme, not amidala.

McBain
14-06-05, 09:28 PM
Some valid points though. I think the weak dialog between Padme and Anakin was part of my problem with his turning to the dark side so easily.

Thinking about it, Gobs comments about the source of humour is very true. I'm perhaps a little too easily swayed by the nice special effects and cool big robots with 4 arms + lightsabers...

Niax
14-06-05, 10:09 PM
there was a story line? all i noticed was the guy with 4 light sabres and a ton of bad over acting

NO NOT THE YOUNGLINGS
*proced to cry too much*

Crippler2032
15-06-05, 04:25 AM
It was Padme, not amidala.

There one and the same. her full name is Padm

gob
15-06-05, 05:48 AM
Cheers Cripp :).

Yeah General Sidious with the 4 sabers was very nice. And maybe another part of the problem. In the first 3 films a saber fight was rare and one of the highlights of the film. In the second trilogy the jedi whip out the sabers if someone even looks at them funny.

Psycho Hamster
15-06-05, 08:40 AM
Gob, thats General Grevus, and he was by far the most stupid char in the film, Half Robot alian with a smokers cough :roll:

McBain
15-06-05, 09:14 AM
I thought the cough was a bit odd, till we realised he has a heart and must therefor have a respiratory system. Quite why he had a hunch back half the time too... I don't know...

helios
15-06-05, 09:45 AM
The original Vader - more man than machine.

Azreal
15-06-05, 01:06 PM
One thing I noticed is that in episode 1 Viceroy Nute Gunray sounded asian like, and in episode 3 he sounded Grandpa simpson like or Stan Marsh's grandpa from South Park.

Lestat
15-06-05, 03:07 PM
I think the whipping out with the lightsabers was techinically okay obviously alot more jedi and conflict going on while the last 3 we just had that do gooder luke and his wimpy ass crap going on. after watching 4,5,6 again I realised how much luke reminded me of anakin from episode 1 and hated him even more.

Sc00by
15-06-05, 04:15 PM
Have to confess that 'm with the majority, whilst it's better than (what I've seen of) 1 and 2 it's still not actually that good.

The switch from 'good' anakin to 'bad' anakin was a bit, well, shit tbh... With no real reason for it. To go from a guy struggling to do the right thing to a baby killer in about 15 mins was a bit of a jump...

Special effect where nice and Grevious was cool (especially the big wheel thing he drove off in), the rest? Not really cool...

Natalie Portman appears to have forgotten how to act too, despite being excellent in leon when she was like 12!

gob
15-06-05, 05:49 PM
Yeah sorry Grevious. Tbh with the cough and the hump I reckon even a couple of Ewoks could have taken him :roll:

helios
15-06-05, 06:12 PM
man, those ewoks against grievous.......

....:lol: just see it now - them poking his eyes with their mini spears.

[OLSC]Fizban
15-06-05, 08:07 PM
pity about what probably happened to them (http://www.theforce.net/swtc/holocaust.html)

Fiz

Niax
15-06-05, 09:15 PM
someone had a lot of time and REALY like star wars to bother to do that much reseach into it