PDA

View Full Version : Sin City

gob
13-06-05, 05:46 PM
Saw this last night and I must say it was one of the best films I have seen.

It lacks real substance but is so stylish you forget about that.

It is basically 3 stories based on Frank Miller's comicbook of the same name and directed by Frank Miller himself and Robert Rodrigues (From Dusk Till Dawn, Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico) with some guest direction from Quentin Tarantino.

The actors include Bruce Willis, Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba :thumbs: Josh Hartnett, Benicio Del Toro, Jamie King, Rutger Hauer, Brittany Murphy and more.

Its dark, mostly black and white with some parts of the screen in colour most notably the copious amounts of blood and just fantastic.

If you like violence, nice looking women, violence, one liners and violence, you should see this :rock:

9.5/10

McBain
13-06-05, 05:57 PM
I had been wondering about checking this one out, after such a glowing review, I think I'll have to :)

gob
13-06-05, 07:02 PM
You should enjoy it - its good and gratuitous!! It's filmed in comic book style and you gotta love the Old Town which is run and policed by the hookers who don't wear too much.

And Mickey Rourke is actually very good ;)

Check out the website here (http://www.sincitythemovie.com/)

Lestat
14-06-05, 07:42 AM
Yeah I throughly enjoyed the film very dark. I especially like wood as a bad bad man.

Azreal
16-06-05, 02:20 PM
saw this film last sunday holy crap this film rocked, Im a huge Frank Miller fan eps his works on Batman yr one (which the upcoming Film Batman Begins is semi based on) and Daredevil. give this a 9/10

h0b0
16-06-05, 02:28 PM
Its a shame its a 18 rating, but i would like to see it just because Mr Tarantino was Involved :D

briktopp
12-07-05, 03:42 PM
I also loved this film - lots of films do one liners and violence but the look and style is so differnent to anyting i seen before i loved it

i saw rourke interviewed about doing the film and he said that what he liked was that he could just let ripp and he was born for this role

Mincemeat
12-07-05, 03:53 PM
I saw this film when it came out, and I loved the style of the film. Its different from other QT films. The film was based on violence but at times it was hilarious

Lestat
12-07-05, 03:58 PM
Thats because it is not a QT film thank god, personally I think he has become boring Rodregious rules the air now :)

Sc00by
12-07-05, 04:03 PM
I actually didn't enjoy this film as I was watching it, it lacked cohesiveness. I spent from the end of the 1st 'segment' to almost the end of the film waiting for it to tie the stories together... :?

If you know that it's actually 3 short stories as you go in it makes the whole thing a lot more enjoyable. :roll: And once I worked that out, which was after I'd left the cinema, it got a lot better... :thumbs:

Lots of top notch violence and scantily clad women - hard to go wrong really... And I LOVED the Chinese girl! She r0x0rs! :mrgreen:

McBain
12-07-05, 04:09 PM
Thats because it is not a QT film thank god, personally I think he has become boring Rodregious rules the air now :)
I've never really understood peoples love of Quentin T. Res Dogs was good, but nothing amazing. Rodrigues on the other hand has done some top films :thumbs:

briktopp
12-07-05, 04:47 PM
neither rodrigues or QT can claim to have never made an average film

QT - Kill Bill vol 1 - (vol2 saved it though)
RR - Once Upon a time in Mexico (ot even mr depp can save it)

when they are involved together in a film it seems to work every time though- 'dusk till dawn''desperado' and now 'sin city'

gob
12-07-05, 04:59 PM
Good news for those who liked Sin City. Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller have entered pre-production on Sin City 2 and there may even be a 3rd installment in the pipeline to cover all of Miller's stories from Basin City. :thumbs:

chuckwood
13-07-05, 09:43 AM
Just saw Sin City last night-absolutely fantastic I must say!!!! My g/f didnt share my love of it but who cares-it was pure comic book through and through-well done I say!!! :P