PDA

View Full Version : Lanarchy 8 - Saturday 29th March

McBain
19-02-03, 04:30 PM
We still have many details to be confirmed, but so far what we are working on is -

[list:7167c592d7]Start: 12noon Saturday
Finish: 6pm Sunday
Cost:

HUNTER
19-02-03, 10:45 PM
put me down i need to defend my ut2003 title :)

McBain
23-02-03, 07:35 PM
Those that have read the news on the front page will see we have had to change plans and make it another one day event.

It will be on Saturday the 29th of March. Starting at 10am and continuing for 12 hours it will only cost

HUNTER
23-02-03, 09:23 PM
i'll try and pre-book my place now im going to have to pre-pay for that hot meal

Khan
04-03-03, 02:20 PM
Sorry McBain, I am away with my girlfriend that weekend (it's her 21st).

I will be up for the next one tho,

Cheers,

Khan

Mrs Scoobs
12-03-03, 02:23 PM
The hot food that will be available on the day will be:

Bacon Butties

Pasta Bolognaise

Cheese and Tomato Pizza

Tea and Coffee and Hot Chocolate.

We will also have cold canned drinks as per ususal.

If anyone has specific dietry requirements (allergies, etc) please let me know by 25th March 2003.

Mrs Scoobs

McBain
17-03-03, 07:27 PM
I can confirm the following prizes so far for Lanarchy 8 -
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Endless Ages
Mega Race 3
Anarchy Online
More may be added to this list over the next week or so.

These games will be won through a raffle. Everyone will get 2 tickets when they pay for the day on arrival. More tickets can be gained by winning competitions through the day. If one of your tickets is drawn you get to choose which game you would like, from the games available.

-The draw happens in the evening (8pm/9pm) and you must still be present at the draw to claim your prize.
-Not all games are new and wrapped.
-You choose which game you want from what are still available (we cannot provide you with a game that someone else has already chosen).

HUNTER
18-03-03, 07:26 PM
i wanna win anarchy online?

will we have an eracer tourny again? i wanna get whooped with my steering wheel

McBain
18-03-03, 08:23 PM
Well here's a rough schedule for the day, and it is subject to change -
11am-1pm - CS 4 on 4

1:30pm-3:30pm - BF1942 4 on 4 CTF

4pm-4:30pm - UT2003 DM

5pm-6pm - eRacer

6pm-8pm - BF1942 Conquest or AoM teams of 2
Anyone with suggestions, please let me know.

The BF1942 Conquest game will just be one massive battle with everyone pilling on the server. At this point though, gamers have a choice. If they would prefer they can find a partner and settle into a nice game of Age of Mythology.

Points will be accumulated as usual so we can determine the 'Lanarchy Champion'

HUNTER
19-03-03, 10:26 AM
can the Ut2003 DM be a Last Man Standing game it will be much more fun when less people are in on phobos 2 :D

McBain
19-03-03, 07:35 PM
How many 'lives' do you have in last man standing though? Surely it would be over within a few minutes?

HUNTER
19-03-03, 08:17 PM
depends how many u set i mean if u give me control and it's got the epic bonus pack and is patched to the current version i can easily set everything up for you

McBain
19-03-03, 08:26 PM
I have no problems setting everything up, thats the beauty of UT2003 abd it's web based server control system. 8) I think we'll stick to deathmatch, the last one was very exciting...

HUNTER
19-03-03, 08:28 PM
yeah but have u played 1vs1 LMS? it's just as good and we can play more than one round

if not later on if u all stay ill be running a LMS server

McBain
19-03-03, 08:33 PM
I'll try LMS later on, but as I think I've said before, I don't really want 1 vs 1 games (although maybe it was CS I said that about before). A big all in deathmatch is order of the day :thumbs:

HUNTER
20-03-03, 06:48 AM
ok then ill just have to kick everyone's ass again :D

i will become LANarchy Champ :D

McBain
21-03-03, 10:10 AM
The floor plan is now done -

http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/venues/stmarks/floorplan8_thb.jpg (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/venues/stmarks/floorplan8.jpg)

As we are currenly at 28 bookings, I have adapted it slightly to hold 36 maximum and give us all a little more space :)

HUNTER
21-03-03, 06:49 PM
looks good, ill sit with you lot again was fun :D but i wont allow the CoF guys to be in 1 CS team it isnt fair

wintermute
21-03-03, 11:08 PM
Yeah, right, because we are that good...

Rob

HUNTER
22-03-03, 10:04 AM
as a team yes. i think depending on people there should be one CoF member each CS team

but i will challange Simple_Si to a 1 on 1 :D

Simple_Simon
22-03-03, 12:38 PM
BRING IT ON :D

McBain
22-03-03, 05:52 PM
Is Hunter taking the piss?

The only time we got past the first round was the last event, cause most people were BFers or MoHers... CoF have the worst record of any clan in CS competitions at Lanarchy events,,,

wintermute
22-03-03, 06:15 PM
as a team yes.

You back to going on about CS as a single player game then? It's a team game you know? And, as a team, CoF has generally sucked at every single Lanarchy event....except when we were the only team there.

Rob

HUNTER
22-03-03, 07:56 PM
BRING IT ON :D

hell yeah, ill setup a LMS game with 20 lives ok?

Simple_Simon
22-03-03, 08:48 PM
OK :twisted:

HUNTER
22-03-03, 09:20 PM
any map you would like to play on?

Simple_Simon
22-03-03, 09:38 PM
Any map will do me :D

HUNTER
23-03-03, 09:36 AM
good :D

KwAzO
25-03-03, 08:38 PM
:x lo new 2 forums and not been 2 lanarchy... as of yet ;)
Should hopefully get 2 come along on one of the next events 2 join u all found out 2 l8 bout next 1 and am working :/ bah Well when ure havin fun fraggin think of me servering meat and fish at sainsburys :(

McBain
25-03-03, 08:50 PM
:x lo new 2 forums
Hi there :)

Well when ure havin fun fraggin think of me servering meat and fish at sainsburys :(
Oh dear...the opposition :twisted: (I work for Waitrose :) )

Oh well :wink: Hopefully see you at an event soon. We have a couple of provisional dates for L9 and L10. Check them here (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2773#2773).

Skavorn
25-03-03, 10:52 PM
Is Hunter taking the piss?

The only time we got past the first round was the last event, cause most people were BFers or MoHers... CoF have the worst record of any clan in CS competitions at Lanarchy events,,,

Yes your exactly right and DAMN coz I wasn't there to see it. But i'm getting better and better all the time, so EVERYONE beware, the Skavorn lurks around every corner....mo ho ha ha ha haaaaaa (cough, cough).

Soz, I got a little carried away, anyway GL CoF & everyone else coming to Lanarchy 8.

I should be having my mate I met on the internet coming 'Linusson & his dad', however he hasn't signed up for the event :-(, he won't give me a reason why.

Peter Piper
26-03-03, 02:35 PM
I have just been reading the pricing for the event, but you did not put the price for monitors. I am hoping that this time they are free and if that (please) be the case could you hold me a 15in, like last time.

Budget time i'm afraid as pay day is on Monday :(. I've heard you are in the middle of organising another Lan after this one. But the date you have posted seems to be the date of the free Lan in the Docklands. The Docklands happens to be just down the road from me and we have already confirmed our bookings. So can you please let us know about Lanachy 9?

See you on Saturday. BTW we are coming with 4 members and we will be paying at the door. If there are any changes to the number i will let you know.

HUNTER
26-03-03, 02:46 PM
i was asking on irc cos i want to test my 2 monitor feature on my new card when i get it over the 12 hours just a case of asking mcbain

Ska, i'll show the design etc over lunch :D if you remember what i was doing for you :D

McBain
26-03-03, 06:36 PM
I'll quote the e-mail I sent to Simon on the 19th -

We are only reserving monitors when deposits for them are received...and although 3 were asked to be reserved, that was a long time ago and no money has been sent...so we still have a 19", 17" and 4 15"/14"

Cheers

Andy (aka McBain)

And then the one I sent him on the 20th

[quote:87ec3facd6]The monitors are -

19" -

McBain
26-03-03, 06:54 PM
I've heard you are in the middle of organising another Lan after this one. But the date you have posted seems to be the date of the free Lan in the Docklands.

This is taken from the UKLans forums -
Posted - 25/03/2003 : 18:35:21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This event is on hold until further notice. Got some issues to work through, should'nt be too long but we're still working on dates that'll work for everyone. Thanks to everyone who's expressed an interest hopefully we can have a new date for you all april/may time!

Any further questions: aj@uklans.com
I should post this for them in their thread over here I guess...

BTW we are coming with 4 members and we will be paying at the door. If there are any changes to the number i will let you know.

Ok, cool, ta. Who of the five names I have (yourself, Simon, Sleeper, Digit0, Kos2000) wont now be coming?

McBain
27-03-03, 10:41 AM
Unfortunatly we've had a few drop out, so I've altered the floor plan to fit...

http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/venues/stmarks/floorplan8_thb.jpg (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/venues/stmarks/floorplan8.jpg)

Personnally I prefer the 'square' style layout as you can see almost everyone and there are no worries about who's watching your screen from behind :)

HUNTER
27-03-03, 06:11 PM
can i sit around 5 -8?

Peter Piper
28-03-03, 07:32 PM
Ok, cool, ta. Who of the five names I have (yourself, Simon, Sleeper, Digit0, Kos2000) wont now be coming?

There has been an update since then. There will be 5 of us. The only suspect body was Kos2000, but he has since then said he is coming. Will know more on the day when i go to pick them all up, but so far it's all 5

McBain
28-03-03, 08:34 PM
Cool :)

Btw all, I've recently downloaded the Raven Shield multiplayer demo and patches which I was thinking about playing after BF1942 at the end of the day.

Anyone else played it?

Peter Piper
28-03-03, 09:28 PM
Cool :)

Btw all, I've recently downloaded the Raven Shield multiplayer demo and patches which I was thinking about playing after BF1942 at the end of the day.

Anyone else played it?

No, but will have a look tommorow. Any chance of Natural Selection by the way

McBain
28-03-03, 09:44 PM
Well I think the SubUK group might play a little NS...so maybe you can play them :)

HUNTER
28-03-03, 10:13 PM
i will play raven shield

HUNTER
29-03-03, 11:15 PM
great LAN guys good day

well done to eracers, i need a bit more practice with my wheel for next time

well done Simple u beat me just but i was getting pins and needles cos of the table edge :D

well done guys who i was with on CS

and well BF1942 was just fun

McBain
29-03-03, 11:45 PM
Yup, great day. Thanks to all those that came, hope to see you in April :)

sAmAdorA
30-03-03, 12:30 AM
Hey guys, i would just like to thank the staff and all who took part for making it such an enjoyable day, considering it was our first lan tournament we had to travel quite a bit to get to it was well worth it :) .

I hope to be seeing all who attended at the next event although we may not be able to attend :(

Shame evolution.uk werent in shape for a battlefield game, but luckily we were put on a team with SEL, well done lads :D

Still think the raffle was fixed though :P

Well yeah, i've jsut got back and im well tired, so take care and hope to see you all again next time. #evolution.uk [quakenet]

McBain
30-03-03, 10:21 AM
The pictures from L8 are uploaded here (http://photo.andycr.com/L8/index.html) :thumbs:

McBain
30-03-03, 10:23 AM
Hmm, this thread seems to think we have one less post than we really do, so I have to post again for it to make a fourth page... :?

HUNTER
30-03-03, 11:36 AM
what? i got a 4th page from the pic post ?

McBain
30-03-03, 11:41 AM
Yeah, but it didn't show until I made another post... :?

HUNTER
30-03-03, 11:47 AM
mucked up database?

McBain
30-03-03, 11:50 AM
I think on one of my posts I got an error about an e-mail problem...I checked and the post was there, but maybe it didn't register somewhere else in the database...

Simple_Simon
30-03-03, 12:32 PM
Another great day Mcbain and a BIG THANK YOU to Wintermute for getting the monitors :D

Peter Piper
30-03-03, 12:37 PM
Another great day Mcbain and a BIG THANK YOU to Wintermute for getting the monitors :D

Same here, and i won something :D. Oh and BTW don't forget to tell the peeps about our Eracer challenge, totally awesome. Well done guys and thanks Mrs Scoobs for the wicked meal.

We see you all at the next one, provided the Blackwall is open, both on the way there and back....lol

Wicked day :D :D :D

BTW the web address is www.aorb20.dsl.pipex.com

wintermute
30-03-03, 12:45 PM

I don't know that the internet can take too many pictures of me in my shorts :lol:

Rob

HUNTER
30-03-03, 04:09 PM
lol i saw that at almost cried (j/k) :lol:

great day again, will have my review of the day on my site soon

Peter Piper
30-03-03, 07:06 PM

I don't know that the internet can take too many pictures of me in my shorts :lol:

Rob

lol, i'm sure they can. Once again, thanks for the monitors, much appreciated. On our way home we realised just how far you have to go to get them, so thanks again. Next time we will have it sorted.

McBain
31-03-03, 10:17 AM
The report of the day is now up, click here (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/previous/mar2003.html) :)

McBain
02-04-03, 10:08 AM
Lanarchy 8 the movie is now available in the form of a 1.5gig AVI. It's just over 7 minutes long and if anyone wants it, I can send it to them on a DVD for the small charge of

Chaos_Theory
02-04-03, 11:25 AM
Andy, whats on the movie? is it all "real" stuff or recordings from cs/bf ? or a mix.. im interested in getting one :D

McBain
02-04-03, 11:35 AM
Yeah, 'real' stuff :) Tbh, I wouldn't know how to mix in demo's and stuff...

I might try and make a 'thumbnail' sized version, which would be downloadable for people to get an idea of what it's like first.

Hmm....

/McBain starts looking through his codecs

Gimme a few mins :)

McBain
02-04-03, 12:04 PM
Okay, here is a thumbnail style taster (well, most of the interesting bit of the movie)

http://andycr.com/files/Lanarchy_8_thb.avi

Following on from that is the presentation and then packing up and leaving...so it gives you a good idea of what it's like (only the real thing is 700+ by 500+)

When I made it, I wished I'd taken more footage of people playing...oh well, I know for next time :)

McBain
02-04-03, 12:09 PM
Hmm, funny 'next page not showing until I make this post' problem again. So, here it is...