PDA

View Full Version : Christen Our BF2 Server?

McBain
01-07-05, 03:12 PM
I thought we could try and get together a decent group to christen our new BF2 server tomorrow night?

If we can all spread the word, try and get as many people on it from 7pm onwards?

Who's up for it?

Lestat
01-07-05, 03:22 PM
raises hand I will spread it around

Skavorn
01-07-05, 04:51 PM
i'll do my best to make it :)

Crippler2032
01-07-05, 10:18 PM
dont finish work till 10pm so i cant make it sorry guys

McBain
02-07-05, 10:00 PM
After the odd start where it just kept loading the next map all the time :roll: things really got rolling. Basically, if we can ever get the 6 people on to get it started, it looks like people will just start connecting in.

We went from us 6 to 8 a side pretty quickly and then it seemed to float around 20 players from 8pm till 10:30 ish. Even now I can see there are still 15 people on there. If we get the stats running, and can let enough of the players know they can see their stats, I think it could be quite popular :thumbs:

Anyway, thanks to everyone that joined us, was a fun night :cheer:

helios
03-07-05, 01:03 AM
dang right, too bad it ent ranked - surely EA will allow all servers to be ranked some time?

Skavorn
03-07-05, 01:55 AM
no I doubt it Helios........because they need to have servers they know they can monitor to avoid cheaters fucking the stats up...

But yeah too bad it isn't ranked especially for you......and you 140 points on Strike At Karkand.....insane scoring.....DAMN UAV :)

McBain
03-07-05, 08:24 AM
It will be interesting seeing the stats (if we get them working) as I got almost as many kills as Helios, and I got the impression from moans from the opposition he was tank whoring... :lol: again, mine all support stylie ;) (well, almost all) ... many of them thanks to Skav ;)

As for ranked, its a shame, but I don't think EA ever will allow all to be ranked. Its funny, look at UT2004, all can report in stats to the main database as long as they follow some simple settings, but I read that you only get a ranked server as a trusted host if you can supply 10 public servers... :?

helios
03-07-05, 01:19 PM
awww, cmon, tanks are so fun and juicy - and yes, i was - the APC is just so fast and powerfull. not to mention running over skav was fun :D

but yeah, i wanted that to be ranked :(