PDA

View Full Version : What Server Do You Want?

McBain
04-07-05, 10:15 PM
We currently have a UT2004 server, that doesn't seem to get any action... so I am wondering if there is any other type of server you would like to see/use?

Place your vote, post a comment. Remember, you could have admin on it for a small donation each month too.

If the option you want isn't in the vote list - DON'T VOTE. Post your option and I'll add it to the list. Then you can vote for it. :)

Penguin
04-07-05, 10:40 PM
Wolf:et, because when you get a good game, its really exciting (ie XP save, goldrush, oil map, other standard maps etc...). Also, everybody can play this game.

I've noticed as well that all the XP save standard map servers are almost always full :D

Anyway, Wolf:Et first with CoD and CoD:UO closely behind. I think that having another UT:2k4 server is a bad idea maybe, because we could stretch the boundaries into another game instead.

I think having an A:A server is a bad idea, as personally, I find it a really crap game. I wont go into it now, but just expressing my opinion against the idea :D

Ive also never heard of Coutner Strike :P

McBain
04-07-05, 10:58 PM
I think that having another UT:2k4 server is a bad idea maybe, because we could stretch the boundaries into another game instead.
I'm not suggesting having another one. :roll: I'm asking if we should replace UT2004 with something else...

**EDIT** Is there even a CoD windows DS download? I can only find Linux ones... but a windows patch?!?!?! (please give link if you have one)

helios
05-07-05, 07:54 AM
I'd have to go with penguin on this one - And, i have seen the windows DS somewhere (or instructions) for it.

HUNTER
05-07-05, 09:14 AM
Also my mate who runs UnrealFans has a load of public UT2004 servers which your always welcome on.

I wouldn't mind a CoD server.

Marvin T Martian
05-07-05, 10:04 AM
call of duty united offensive i know of a whole host of peeps that i'll be on that late at night. and there shit hot.

With it not needing a fast and powerful pc to play that game you might find there will be loads on that all the time. it would have to be a realism sever no crosshairs

McBain
05-07-05, 10:17 AM
FYI, I've got an ET Campaign server running on - 82.136.20.56:27960

It was the only one that was relatively simple to set up... It's just their as a bit of a trial really. I'll look at getting almost all servers set up, so we can start them up if someone should request them. Need some windows versions though (CoD)

ollie_b
19-07-05, 08:32 AM
i think having a good old 1.6 server! Im sure you all have a copy of it? I just think its pretty good, took me time gettin use 2 source, but i just cant get enough of 1.6, well any of the 1. ..... there all jus classics! plus loads of ppl still play 1.6, so ur gonna gt the ppl on there!