PDA

View Full Version : The Descent ***spoilers***

briktopp
12-07-05, 03:29 PM
I was watching some TV programme where some pundits were discussing the relatively poor health of the british film industry and there was a consensus about having to take a page out of the Yank's book and basically produce more commercial films, in other words tried and tested formulas and less art-house.

In that case 'The descent' will be a tonic to the british film industry. What the director tried and mostly failed with 'Dog Soldiers' he suceeds this time. Its A-Z suspensefull horror. Attention is paid more to the look of the film and scaring the bejesus out of the audience. shock and awe tactics and sod character development. take some actors to a venue and chop em up - insert tidy little plot somewhere. If anything the plot wasnt small enough - first 15 mins of preamble was mostly dull just get on with the panicking, the screaming, the chopping the eye-gauging the bonE-SNAPPING, the SLITTING of THROATS THE POOLS OF BLOOOOODDDDD AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I loved the way i was made to feel the caustrophobia that a panicked pot-holer must feel and also the way colour and light is used gave some scenes a real iconic horror feel. above all excellent fun.