PDA

View Full Version : Steam Update - Servers Lag Free?

McBain
21-07-05, 08:12 AM
Hopefully you should see a great improvement with the lag situation after valve have finally released the patch for our Counter Strike Source servers today, lowering CPU usage, a problem they created with the last patch which cause cronig lag when our servers got busy.

I will need to test a few things over the next couple of days to try and get the best from the settings, but there should hopefully be an immediate improvement already.

Lestat
21-07-05, 09:18 AM
thank valve.

helios
21-07-05, 09:20 AM
aya - more patches.

If it fixes the lag problems, then good, our server should be fine, and so should our computers

Crippler2032
21-07-05, 09:29 AM
didnt fix my CS: Source :(

There was another post on the offical boards about the exact same problem that i have. However no-one seems to be able to help fix it...

Sc00by
21-07-05, 09:40 AM
:ele:

Is the patch live then? (at work - hard to test :P ) And is there a noticable improvement?

McBain
21-07-05, 09:49 AM
Not sure of improvement yet. I just had a run on the dust/office server as Hunter said there were problems, people couldn't see the player models, just the guns and grenades running round. I connected and all seemed fine, but it was still a bit jerky for me... but then mine always has been for some reason.

Also, I have things to test, change a few settings etc, its just a pain, cause I don't wanna restart a server that has 10 people playing on it...

IXL
04-08-05, 10:23 AM
Was this ever resolved btw?

McBain_PDA
04-08-05, 12:37 PM
Yeah, seems to be sorted now :thumbs: All three servers seem to hover around 18 of 20 slots each evening again now.

Corben Dallas
09-08-05, 03:01 PM
I play on the CS:S Assault (no snipers) server quite a bit and there seems to be a recurring lag issue with it. Enen though i have a ping of around 40-50 most of the time, there is always an element of lag.

Today its unplayable because of it.

McBain
09-08-05, 09:44 PM
Hmm, and as far as I'm aware, the betting mod has come of all servers now? Might have to take the whole top killers and kill streak mods off as well then :(

I'm going to reboot the whole machine tomorrow morning, we'll see how we get on from there first I guess.