PDA

View Full Version : Rules???

ollie_b
07-08-05, 04:25 PM
Right, the past few days playin on the custom server there has been a lot of TK's, but no accidents!! and also ppl shooting the hossies, cn u not put on ne thin which kicks them after so many tk's? i know there is one 4 hossie shooting, but nt sure wot its called! Also... u keep saying on it, english only server, as soon as u say, please speak english, 2 sum1, they then go talking about a load of crap in their language, jus 2 try piss ppl off, cn you put more on the server to say english only, or kick/ban??? jus annoyin when ur playin, and all u can hear is sum wired shit! soz if im being harsh, bt the reason i started playin on this server wz coz it wz english only!

helios
08-08-05, 09:27 AM
The English thing is more of an asking to make it more social. Not to mention the fact that several people think that is they insult/flame/diss people in other languages, then its OK.

As for the TK and Hossies thing, it **should** sort itself, with the punishments and financial punishments, but, there are some peope who insist on TKing on purpose.

Personally, i think that we should use the feature in Mani that allows the Vote:Kick option to be enables when there is no admin on the server.

McBain
08-08-05, 09:40 AM
People should get kicked after a certain amount of TK's or hossie kills. I'll check into it when I get a chance. :thumbs:

Crippler2032
08-08-05, 01:33 PM
like a kick and a 5mins ban or something?

wintermute
08-08-05, 09:51 PM
bt the reason i started playin on this server wz coz it wz english only!

If you can start posting in english on the forum we might have the makings of a deal :)

Rob

Elmer
08-08-05, 11:44 PM
Arf :D

chuckwood
09-08-05, 08:01 AM
I cant stand that 'SMS' speak or whatever the hell it is-speak [or type] properly! [End old mans rant :oops: ]

I really do not understand why EA did the whole TK thing-just have a setting where you can have no friendly fire and let us have some fun!

ollie_b
09-08-05, 08:23 AM
I thought u can change the tk situation, im sure you can turn the friendly fire off. And i think puttin on the script which will let us votekick is a gd idea, but then i know it cn get outta hand with ppl all ganging up on someone who is doing well and votekick them, so its hard 2 say wot to do!

hyperen
15-08-05, 09:17 PM
Please could you tell me how long the ban for too many TKs is? This is my favourite server and now the lags gone, I've been on fire. Pls don't make ban too long.

McBain
15-08-05, 09:43 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure but I don't think its long. I would guess if you try and log on in an hour you probably can. Otherwise please post back with your Steam ID and how you managed to get enough TK's for a ban :roll: and we'll see what we can do :)

Poo Bear
16-08-05, 02:27 PM
i reckon he got too trigger happy with the para!

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
16-08-05, 08:24 PM
Kicking for TK'ing a good idea but not really for hossies. If you've rescued one and the others have got lost (as they tend to do on occasion) and it's you against a few Ts, one game plan is to take them out in order to win the game. Ungamely I know but it gives the Ts a new job of trying to stop you before you can do it instead of hiding out and waiting in the garage.

Mitsukuu
17-08-05, 03:58 AM
I'd like to put forward a suggestion to the TK problem, because there really is one. No doubt you know your server is popular, and that brings with it foolish players such as the previously mentioned.

I can understand the realism element that friendly fire brings
(mp_friendlyfire 1 - for those that don't know) but it's now to the point where I believe there are more deliberate TKs than accidental ones.

I was wondering if you have heard of something called "reflective friendly fire". As far as I know, this is not available in CS:S without modification, but the concept is that the TKer takes the the damage that he deals to a team mate, rather than the innocent player being the victim. While this still promotes care when around team mates, it entirely eliminates the TK problem, and if you (or I) can find a modification that allows this, it would certainly have my vote.

McBain
17-08-05, 07:25 AM
I think I know of one that doesn't actually reflect, but gives the same damage, but then you can do this already. I don't play too much on the assault server where you play most, but I haven't seen much TKing. Surely if someone TK's you, you just slay them back? No?

If you know where I can get the 'reflective FF' then please post a link and I'll take a look at it :)

chuckwood
17-08-05, 08:31 AM
If you know where I can get the 'reflective FF' then please post a link and I'll take a look at it :)[/quote]

Its probably a big 'Captain America' shield you have to carry around with you...... :lol:

helios
17-08-05, 10:15 AM
...please post back with your Steam ID and how you managed to get enough TK's for a ban :roll: and we'll see what we can do :)

um... i'm a bad shot :lol: and my TK hacks are stuck in the "On" Position :lol:

Normally, the TKing isn't a problem as people get creative with the punishments and launch them at the start of the round afte they died.

As for the reflective fire, people get slapped for team wounding, and i know that the person attacked is able to do a certain amount of damage back before getting slapped.

Mitsukuu
17-08-05, 06:01 PM
In answer to your question, McBain, when a TKer persistantly attacks team mates, they can only be slayed for one round. When they then spawn on the third round, they wait until the spawn attacking feature is disabled before attacking again. Since people anticipate this, they often pre-empt the attack and shoot first. As you can guess this causes the problem, since you have a choice - kill or be killed (by a team mate) both of which eventually lead to your death.

Instead of being something that is steadily and constantly going on, it's usually the case that one or more persistant players will cause trouble, targetting particular people in a set time. Having said that, most of the players in the server actively disagree with TKing, and there is a great community formed here. It's nice to be able to find this in such an obscure place, I think it's just a case of sieving out the bad ones. (As you have done several times previously :thumbs:

As for reflective fire, I will do my best to look for a solution to this. The difference compared to now is, the victim of a TK shouldn't take damage. With reflective fire you won't be starting a round with 8 health points from an attempted TK. Thanks for the quick replies on this, especially McBain after dealing with the TK problems i've had. I'll do my best to help you find a solution for this. :thumbs:

Sgt. Stadanko
17-08-05, 07:19 PM
Oh man, we had reflective FF in TFC back when I used to waste hours of my life playin that. It was hell considering the nature of the game where you get detpacks and such, but i think on CSS it will make people think before they shoot, and certainly prevent nubs taking off x amount of damage without sanction. Good suggestion but i dunno where ya get it being a newbie and all :cry:

Mitsukuu
17-08-05, 07:48 PM
I haven't started looking for any mod for it yet, and this isn't really my area of expertise. Does anyone know what kind of form this would come in? Such as:
Scripts - mod programs - addons etc

I can't imagine, if it's a script, it will be too hard to write if you know what you're doing (Maybe i'm being ignorant here, but I wrote scripts for OFP and it wasn't too difficult to get creative with them). If anyone has any advice etc, please let me know. :thumbs:

McBain
17-08-05, 08:01 PM
I had a quick look, couldn't find anything :( I am asking on a forum that does the plugins we currently use on the server.

It is likely to be labelled a plugin though, if that helps.

Mitsukuu
17-08-05, 08:19 PM
Ok thanks, i'll bare that in mind. I also did a quick search, and came up empty handed. I have a few friends who are into this kind of thing, so i'll ask them when I can.

On a different note, I played in the server today - not a single TK. Although... I felt like I was wearing wooly gloves my game was so bad. :oops: