PDA

View Full Version : Sounds

Elmer
21-08-05, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in here before, but if you are finding the sounds people play on the server annoying just type in sounds and it turns them off. Type sounds again if you want them back on.

Mitsukuu
21-08-05, 06:50 PM
I really wish people would show their use of common sense in this situation. There's always someone who would rather complain at the people using the sounds than just turn them off. Personally, I dislike them too, but you can also see a list of sounds by typing "ma_showsounds" in the console.

Elmer
21-08-05, 09:09 PM
I don't think it's a case that people would rather complain than turn the sounds off, but that people don't know you can turn them off. Once people know how to block them, they won't complain any more as they wont hear them.

I didn't realise until today that you can get rid of them simply by typing sounds.

It gives the best of both worlds, those who enjoy them can listen to them and those who find them an annoyance can simply turn them off. They were being spammed a lot today on the custom server, but I was quite happy once someone said how to block them as I then couldn't hear them.

McBain
21-08-05, 10:16 PM
I'll add it into the adverts (how to turn them off) when I get a chance, so hopefully we can let more poeple know. Thanks :thumbs:

Brisk4
22-08-05, 04:42 PM
wow good one, never knew

McBain
22-08-05, 10:25 PM
Okay, its been added to the messages that pop up every minute or so :thumbs: