PDA

View Full Version : New Speed Server Up

McBain
24-08-05, 08:49 PM
That's right, we have our fourth server up and running, a speed server. It's only a 12 man server, mainly because the maps on it are small... and very fast!

82.136.20.56:27035

The maps in the current rotation are -fy_poolday_reunion
de_skywalk2
fy_matrixlobby
de_speedball_b2
fy_iceworld_adv
css_deagle5 I will try and get a few more on uploaded as soon as I have a bit more time. If you have any map suggestions, please post them with a download link.

The server has a 20 minute map rotation. Snipers are allowed on this server (mainly because they aren't much use on such small maps) but kevlar isn't :twisted:

Also, on deagle5, only pistols are allowed.

As usual, please report back any problems, comments or suggestions :)

Sc00by
25-08-05, 12:03 PM
but kevlar isn't
Yes, it is...
Also, on deagle5, only pistols are allowed.
Unless you are a bot in which case you can buy what you want...

This is after a server restart, I'd fix it myself, but I don't know how :sadwalk:

It's also crashed twice so far today :(

McBain
25-08-05, 04:02 PM
Yeah, had tried the latest Mani plugin with a suggested fix... obviously isn't working so I put the old Mani back on it. Also the assault server crashed, will swap the old Mani back into that when I get a chance. (It was up maybe 5 seconds and people had connected already! :lol: )

Mitsukuu
26-08-05, 06:41 AM
For some reason, it won't allow me to download the custom maps. I've have no problem with the custom map server, but I can't download the speed maps. I left it waiting a good five minutes, and reconnected several times.

(My friend had the same problem).

:?

pitchblack
26-08-05, 09:43 AM
Well i had no problem,got all maps now,all i need is some people to play with.

Penguin
26-08-05, 11:37 AM
maybe we could have shorter round times (ie <10 mins) while the attracts people, cos it sucks 1 v1 or 2v2 for 20 mins.

McBain
26-08-05, 08:02 PM
Well its had a few folk on tonight. Me and Pitch have just been playing some 3 on 3 on a couple of maps. Good fun :thumbs: There are now 20 people ranked atleast. We'll see if it grows over the next week or so :)

pitchblack
26-08-05, 08:19 PM
Yeah 3v3 was good(apart from the fact i got my arse kicked) but for some of the maps 12 might be to much.

McBain
01-09-05, 07:15 AM
Just so everyone knows, this server has been closed for a while to see if it's the cause of long map loading times on other servers, giving lag spikes and kicking people.

So far things seem better, so this server may not be up in the future :(

Tinnitus
03-09-05, 10:20 PM
if it returns i got some good little maps to shove on it :)

if it does nt return could they go on the customer server? or is that for "proper" style custom maps?

McBain
04-09-05, 08:01 AM
Thats only for 'proper' maps, which was why I had the idea to have the speed server.

Is there a download link for you maps?

Tinnitus
04-09-05, 09:06 AM
i can e-mail them to u?

McBain
04-09-05, 09:20 PM
Yeah, ok. I can get a look at them in advance then.

Tinnitus
04-09-05, 09:28 PM
i'll tweak the good one's a little bit so they look abit better, then send them to you.