PDA

View Full Version : Baby Born On Big Brother?

McBain
28-08-05, 07:52 AM
And the UK press (and RSPCA) went crazy because there was a kitten on the UK version -

Dutch authorities are investigating plans by the producers of the "Big Brother" reality television show to include a pregnant contestant who will give birth on the show.

:roll:

Link (http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=9489117&src=rss/topNews)

Mitsukuu
28-08-05, 08:52 AM
I dread to think how the child will develop, surrounded by that. How is it going to have a social life or learn about it's environment trapped inside a house with a bunch of fame addicted nimrods? I wouldn't be surprised if the kid suffered serious mental disorders in later life as a result, or more likely failed in education etc.

You could argue that the group of people around it would prove as a useful social scenario, but look at them. Would you want the first glimpse of your child's life to be that?? :shock:

That woman is a head-case.

Pitch, this is a good example of 'bad parenting' :wink:

"She will get the maximum attention and care"

I think she'll probably be under enough stress from the birth without having deal with all the silly things 'Big Brother' makes it's contestants do.
I would think it's a ploy by this woman to gain sympathy/attention so that she stands a better chance of winning (at the expense of her child). I hope they see past this, and stop her from competing in the show, for the sake of her own mental health as well as the child's.

pitchblack
28-08-05, 10:40 AM
I hope they see past this, and stop her from competing in the show, for the sake of her own mental health as well as the child's.

You know she won't, she obvoisly doesn't care about the child other wise she wouldn't put it through it that early in life, and are they going to do a doctor task again when she goes into labour.
Why are some people so selfish?

Mitsukuu
28-08-05, 12:41 PM
For once I completely agree with you :wink:

Well, normally, I wouldn't care if she wasted her own life reading silly 'celeb' magazines and rotting away waiting for that '15 minutes of fame', but she's bringing a new life into the world, and teaching it to be another, mindless, crappy drone like all those other boring wishers who read 'heat' magazine and the like. Seriously, get some fame by doing something good, rather than eating worms on TV (that makes me insanely angry) or humiliating yourself thouroughly at the same time as slightly degrading society as a whole. As a cross reference - these are the kind of people who put TV before thought, and will automatically believe something because someone has told them to.

pitchblack
28-08-05, 01:42 PM
BTW Heat is quite intresting.

Mitsukuu
28-08-05, 02:56 PM
BTW Heat is quite intresting.

Give examples of three interesting, important articles published in "Heat" and I might withdraw my hatred of it.

pitchblack
28-08-05, 03:31 PM
Ermmmm can't say any atm because haven't read it in a while, but big brother articles and ermmm stuff to do with celebs, you just don't like it because it's not what your into.

Mitsukuu
28-08-05, 03:43 PM
Ermmmm can't say any atm because haven't read it in a while, but big brother articles and ermmm stuff to do with celebs, you just don't like it because it's not what your into.

Ok, fair enough, but i'm not withdrawing my view of it.

Can you try to explain to me this though, please: Why are people interested in reading about the personal life of celebrities etc? I mean... they are just normal people like everyone else who need to go to the bathroom, have kids, eat food, go to sleep and everything else we do. It's not as if when they're out of the spotlight they're dressed in spandex fighting crime on the streets of Berlin... so why would anyone care?

I wonder... if I became famous from CS:S... would people want to know what I was doing while not playing CS:S? Hmm.. dreaming of CS:S probably :)

pitchblack
28-08-05, 04:02 PM
Yeah they probaly would, but i just read it for the soaps, celebrity cock ups and the problem pages.

McBain
28-08-05, 09:11 PM
I've never seen the thing with celebrities and all. Probably a waste then me working on Leicester Square for 2

Mitsukuu
29-08-05, 05:02 AM
[quote:8c2b9b8e2e="McBain"]Probably a waste then me working on Leicester Square for 2

McBain
29-08-05, 07:34 AM
Leicester Square is where all UK (well, almost all) Premiere's are held is all. There are 4 major Cinema's there, supposedly the best in the country etc. I worked at one of them with a few other guys on this forum infact.

Mitsukuu
29-08-05, 12:20 PM
Ahhhh I see. Thanks. Sounds like an interesting job to say the least, even if you're not interested in celebrities.