PDA

View Full Version : Just a hint of Lag??

Scar@b
01-09-05, 07:48 AM
Custom Server...

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a small amount of lag on the server compared to a few weeks ago.

Its not that noticable but its just there - a small bounce on some people. & it seems to get slightly worse when theres a mad rush & nades etc are going off at the start.??

Don;t get me wrong its not un-playable it just makes things a little harder & frustrating at times.

Anyone else see it - or is it just I can;t hit for Sh**.

McBain
01-09-05, 08:00 AM
Well, as I mentioned elsewhere, we might have been pushing the boundaries a bit with the speed server aswell, so we've dropped that for now. Let me know if things are better over the next couple of days.

[BFs]AnastieByte
02-09-05, 05:54 PM
It has been fine for me. Mind you some players frame rates drop significantly on assault bank map. To the extent that they leave.

Sir Kunmskull
02-09-05, 06:07 PM
i have found for some reason i am suffering for really bad lag i dont know what is causing it but its only effect me during a gunfight otherwise im fine i know i changed my cl_updaterate to 100 but have changed it back to 50 to see if its that but im still having probs

helios
02-09-05, 06:13 PM
Bank assault - that is causing a fair bit o FPS lag for a few people.....

McBain
02-09-05, 07:06 PM
Yeah, which is a shame, cause its a fun map.

I wonder if this lag is actually client side? I wonder if Valve did something in the recent updates?

I'm now removing the plugin that gives the hitbox detail on Psychostats, to see if that is causing any lag. I'm also doing fresh installs for the dust and assault servers too.

Elmer
02-09-05, 09:15 PM
I leave when it comes on as I'm getting 15-17fps outside which is a tad mad with a 6800 gt

helios
02-09-05, 10:13 PM
its a nice map, but badly made - too much wasted texturing.....