PDA

View Full Version : Makosi Evicted From UK

McBain
01-09-05, 10:20 PM
I thought this was very funny -

The 24-year-old from Zimbabwe said her working visa had been curtailed after she left her job as a cardiac nurse to appear on the reality show.

Ms Musambasi has 10 days to lodge an appeal. If it fails, she must leave the country or face being deported.

BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4196682.stm)

I expect she will appeal and they'll let her off though :roll:

I was wondering though, they think she was set to become very rich from here Big Brother fame. If she's deported, would that be it all over? Surely someone is quite likely to offer her a job, to cash in on her fame and she'll be able to get another visa? (Is that how visa's work? I thought you needed a visa to work, but then why would she lose it for quiting her nursing job?)

Azreal
01-09-05, 10:30 PM
I was wondering though, they think she was set to become very rich from here Big Brother fame. If she's deported, would that be it all over? Surely someone is quite likely to offer her a job, to cash in on her fame and she'll be able to get another visa? (Is that how visa's work? I thought you needed a visa to work, but then why would she lose it for quiting her nursing job?) She was obvously on a sponsered working Visa, so if she quits she would have to go back home to that hell hole called Zimbabwe.

helios
01-09-05, 10:40 PM
Frankley, i think that if she knew that her visa would expire iof she quit her job, then she should be sent back.

She was basically here illegally the momnet she resigned to gain fame and money. If anyone other than a TV celebritary had done it, they would have been straight off deported.

anyway, end of my caffiene induced rant, i have now drunk all carbonated drinks in the house that contain caffiene, and have started on the BBQ sauce, so you should all be safe for a while......

pitchblack
03-09-05, 03:01 PM
I hope she does go back can't stand the girl, "o what shall i call my baby(which i don't have because we didn't even have sex)."

Mitsukuu
04-09-05, 01:31 PM
Frankley, i think that if she knew that her visa would expire iof she quit her job, then she should be sent back.

She was basically here illegally the momnet she resigned to gain fame and money. If anyone other than a TV celebritary had done it, they would have been straight off deported.

She says she was trying to get money for a "life saving operation" that would cure her mother of a tumor, and that's the reason she went for Big Brother. I have no idea who this woman is though, so it might all be a big lie.

"If anyone other than a TV celebritary had done it, they would have been straight off deported." - Agreed. I don't see why celebrities are always treated differently from normal people. They're either completely let off, or made an example of, and it's not right.