PDA

View Full Version : Day of Defeat: Source will be released this month.

Gamith
03-09-05, 05:48 AM
Steam news this morning:
--------------------------------------------------------

Friday, September 2 2005

Day of Defeat: Source will be released this month. While we're not quite ready to pin down the exact date of when it will be available to play, we are confident that it will happen in September. Once we do have an exact date and time for when the game will be activated, we'll let everyone know.

There will be a period of one week at minimum during which people will be able to pre-order and preload the game via Steam, giving them the ability to unlock and play at the moment it is activated.

Day of Defeat: Source will be available as an individual purchase via Steam, as well as part of the Counter-Strike: Source retail package that will be available at stores around the same time. Half-Life 2: Silver and Gold package customers will automatically be able to play.

In the meantime, here are two of the player models from the game -- the Allied Rifleman and the Axis Panzerschreck.

McBain
03-09-05, 07:59 AM
So, did we ever decide for sure if those that bought HL2 would get DoD:S or not?

If not, I wonder what price it will be? It will have to be pretty low for me to get it I think...

helios
03-09-05, 08:00 AM
woot, atlast, ans atleast it can be bought seperately.......

[OLSC]Hitman
03-09-05, 08:12 AM
I'll believe it when I play it!!! :roll:

Poo Bear
03-09-05, 09:20 AM
i can see it being the same price as normal game around

lnr
03-09-05, 09:35 AM
Thats insane!! Can they really charge that much??
*splutter*
I only bought HL2 for DoD and CSS...dnt even like the game...
At least you can buy it alone, but I can't believe it would cost that much..

Who knows, maybe optimism will pay off this time ;)

Sc00by
03-09-05, 09:43 AM
As the silver version of HL2 (with DoD:S included) was about $10 more than the Bronze version (which didn't have DoD:S included) I'd guess that it'll be available for about 10 dollars via steam.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
05-09-05, 08:41 PM
but then what kinda idiot didn;t get silver in the first place? :roll:

pitchblack
05-09-05, 08:50 PM
Ermm me i think, got it off the shelf.

Penguin
05-09-05, 09:12 PM
yeah, didnt know how to work steam to get game, and I dont keep much money in bank/ card account, so I got mine off the shelf

McBain
05-09-05, 10:01 PM
I wanted the DVD so I didn't have to download 2 or 3 gig each time I had to install it somewhere...

Monkfish
06-09-05, 01:45 AM
Papa Smurf]but then what kinda idiot didn;t get silver in the first place? :roll:

Maybe people who didn't trust steam back when it was a piece of shit and people who didn't have the cash to buy it online.

pitchblack
06-09-05, 06:58 AM
Off topic:LOL love your signiture.

Sc00by
06-09-05, 07:54 AM
I didn't trust steam back when it was a pile of sh1te, but for some reason I still downloaded it... I think that it was waaaaaay too much effort to travel to a shop to buy it and didnt' want to wait for play to deliver the box...

I loke Monkfish's sig too, bet mits doesn't... ;)

Lestat
06-09-05, 08:30 AM
I downloaded it but actually bought it off the shelf, that meant that when i picked it up on the saturday morning I did not have to install it. As for DOD I will not be getting it. COD by far is the better game and COD 2 will be better than DOD:S

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
06-09-05, 04:53 PM
/thinks lestat is mad ;)

Gamith
10-09-05, 06:47 AM
:-)

Steam news update:
----------------------------------
Friday, September 9 2005
Preloading of Day of Defeat: Source will begin next week. It will be released and ready to play on September 26th. Once we get closer to that date, we'll set an exact time for when we'll "throw the switch."

Preloading the game allows people to have the entire game on their hard drive in encrypted form so that, if already purchased or pre-ordered, it will be playable at the moment it is released. Dedicated server administrators will also have some time to get their servers up and running before the 26th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is also some pretty exciting news on the MOD front, where the team over at Dystopia is preparing to release a demo of their game today at 11:59 GMT. Head on over to the Dystopia page to check out their release.

Mitsukuu
10-09-05, 06:54 AM
:-)
There is also some pretty exciting news on the MOD front, where the team over at Dystopia is preparing to release a demo of their game today at 11:59 GMT. Head on over to the Dystopia page to check out their release.

Already been released :)

How nice of them!

Looking forward to DoD too... kinda.

[OLSC]Fizban
10-09-05, 07:07 AM
well we'll be running DoD:S server your welcome to pop on and say hello

Fiz

Gamith
15-09-05, 05:08 AM
Pre-loading available.

Still some time away from actually playing but at least it'll be ready when the time comes.

ttfn

-------- 15/09/05 06:07 ----------------------------------
Pre-load Day of Defeat: Source now!

Your Steam account will already have access to DoD: Source on the day it is available, because it was included in a package that you already purchased.

Thank you for being patient while we finished up work on the game.

Click below to begin preloading Day of Defeat: Source and have everything you need to play the moment the game is released on September 26th.

HUNTER
15-09-05, 01:38 PM
sounds good, starting now.

Gamith
15-09-05, 07:46 PM
>Your Steam account will already have access to DoD: Source
Of course that is because I got the silver bundle - your mileage may vary ;-)

ttfn

McBain
15-09-05, 07:55 PM
Looks like it would be $17.96 + TAx = $21.10 =

pitchblack
15-09-05, 08:16 PM
only 12 quid will have a look at it.

Tinnitus
02-10-05, 11:39 AM
i wanna get DoD but for some reason when i click buy. it comes up black, news n thnigs do this aswell? any one know why?