PDA

View Full Version : cs_bank_assault_2

McBain
05-09-05, 08:34 AM
Quite a few people complain, or even leave, when this map comes on as it causes them FPS lag (lag caused by the map itself being too demanding, not a connection issue). Many others love the map, so its a tough call as to whether it should stay or go.

Have you say here :)

pitchblack
05-09-05, 08:40 AM
I say keep it on as if the map is on it means that the mojority voted for it.

Elmer
05-09-05, 09:29 AM
I voted "Big FPS problems, and the map isn't even that good". Though I can't say I either love or hate it as a map as I've never played it long enough as I give up when I get 15fps outside.
Nps if lots of people enjoy it though as I can always pop on the dust/office for a bit when its on, though I'd thought I'd noticed people trying to vote it off or leave when it comes on.

Sc00by
05-09-05, 10:33 AM
I've not voted as yet, as I've only played it once for a few rounds and I don't remember any lag... Will give it a proper 'go' before condemning it, but if it is causing people to leave the server then my gut reaction is can it. (Or see if there's a neerw version of it with the textures tied up someplace?)

Penguin
05-09-05, 04:22 PM
I dont have FPS problems as such (the FPS is considerably lower though), but I dont like the map because I feel its a little way too CT biased, they can get to the hossies before the Ts and kill many Ts en-route

Crippler2032
05-09-05, 04:47 PM
i get minor FPS issues on this map

helios
05-09-05, 05:11 PM
the map looks alright, but i havent had a chance to explore because of the FPS lag due to its bad designing.....

Elmer
05-09-05, 06:54 PM
Its only outside I get the big fps drop btw

McBain
05-09-05, 09:55 PM
they can get to the hossies before the Ts and kill many Ts en-route
No they can't. Obviously I have speed hacks... as I can get to the bridge on Dust when others have said it can't be done too :roll:

I much prefer to play T on this map. Many knifings of the goodie two shoes CT's. :evillaugh:

Penguin
05-09-05, 09:59 PM
Obviously I have speed hacks
no need to point out what we already know ;) :thumbs:

McBain
05-09-05, 10:07 PM
What I should really do is offer bets for cold hard cash when you wusses moan that something can't be done. Penguin, let me know,

Penguin
05-09-05, 10:41 PM
lol, ok, but a) I dont have

McBain
05-09-05, 11:15 PM
a) get a job you bum! ;) b) no hacks needed, just a finger to press the 'forward' key c) no, why would I want to do that? Its even been built into CSS ffs :roll:

Mitsukuu
06-09-05, 12:25 AM
The main reason you get bad FPS on a map is because it's not designed with FPS in mind. The author probably hasn't used the nodraw tool once and it looks poorly designed anyway...

Why do people bother making maps that aren't made properly!? It's very annoying. I have to say... I don't like this map anyway, it's a bit manic :shock:

(I know, I suck at this map, which is why I dislike it.. but I don't like the design either :wink:)

FIDDY
08-10-05, 09:49 AM
i dont lag at all on it
i think it is a decent map and we should go on it more
it is better than some of the other useless maps that we go on..
cheers FIDDY

Sc00by
08-10-05, 11:13 AM
Is it still in the map cycle then? I thought it was long gone?

McBain
08-10-05, 11:16 AM
Got took out a long while ago.