PDA

View Full Version : New Maps

Sgt Harper
06-09-05, 07:53 AM
Hi new to this site and it looks good, so hi to everyone. Got a nubee question which is probably easy and in the wrong place :roll:

I've used this server and maps for a while now but can't play on some cos I haven't go the maps, like Assault_2005 and Beriut(?). They dont automaticaly download when I log on. Where can I get them please?

Cheers

Rob

McBain
06-09-05, 08:03 AM
First off :welcome: :)

Hmm, they should auto download... (I testes Beirut2 myself last night) but you're not the first person to say they don't...

Try one of the mirrors at the bottom of this page for cs_beirut2 (http://www.csbanana.com/?section=viewitem.maps.maps.main.7039.download) and this one for assault_2005 (http://www.csbanana.com/?section=viewitem.maps.maps.main.4126.download).

There may well be some more maps going on this morning, but csbanana (http://www.csbanana.com/?section=viewlist.maps.games.main) is usually a good place to start looking if you need them.

Out of interest, do none of the maps download for you, or just these two? Is there a cvar somewhere about allowing downloads?

Sgt Harper
06-09-05, 10:25 AM
Hi mate,

Thanks for the quicl reply, neither of those maps want to download. When I click on the button it just seems to refresh the same page.

Also not sure what a 'cvar' is.

Cheers again for the help

Sgt Harper
06-09-05, 10:28 AM
OK but silly really but found how to download.

Rob

McBain
06-09-05, 10:34 AM
Found how to download from the site, or from the server?

Sgt Harper
06-09-05, 10:59 AM
Found out how to download, have done the Beirut one and put it in the right folder, it said I already had it so I over copied it.

Not sure how to try it

McBain
06-09-05, 11:13 AM
To try it, create your own server and select it as the starting map from the drop down list :thumbs:

Sc00by
06-09-05, 11:18 AM
Then set the bots on the hardest setting there is, add maybe 7 (4 a side) and commit suicide 30 mins later when you are 1-18 :D

Sgt Harper
06-09-05, 11:19 AM
OK tried the Beriut one how you advised and it works fine, tried to go onto another server with the Assault 2005 and it says the .bsp differs from the one on the server, this was the problem I have been having all along with this map. There seem to be more than one version of assault in the map folder, do I need to reove these?

Rob

Sc00by
06-09-05, 11:23 AM
Probably best to find the .bsp file in your cstrike\maps folder and delete it, it'll redownload the 'right' version for you

helios
06-09-05, 12:09 PM
Do you have downloading from server disabled in the options somehow?

McBain
06-09-05, 12:27 PM
Look in your config.cfg for anything like sv_download or something similar, if it is 0 set it to 1.

Sgt Harper
06-09-05, 04:13 PM
Hi,

Thanks for all the help, deleated the maps and went to play the game and the maps installed automaticaly and the games worked fine.

So not sure what happened but happy bunny now :)

Thanks

Rob

Mitsukuu
07-09-05, 08:26 PM
Look in your config.cfg for anything like sv_download or something similar, if it is 0 set it to 1.

I think you're looking for "cl_allowdownload" which can be set to 0 to stop the download of third party material (not sure if this includes maps).

There's also a list in the game's config file which dictates which file types to accept, such as .wav, .mp3, .mdl. It's possible it could be blocking .bsp files, which are compiled maps.