PDA

View Full Version : fy_ancient

Mitsukuu
07-09-05, 11:26 PM
I'm soon going to release a new map called fy_ancient, that is based on Tinnitus' original fy_pumplove, with a lot of detail added.

It's almost finished now and it would be good if I could get a few beta testers for this, because I want to know if there are any bugs with the map before I release it.

It's an 'fy' map, so there are no buyzones, and the only weapons available are your starting pistol, knife and a number of shotguns littered around the map.

It's very small, but I wanted to make it to improve my ability to detail parts of a level, for use with the Reciprocity mod.

If anyone wants screenshots I have some saved.

McBain
08-09-05, 04:44 AM
Sure, we also need a download link for the map too :)

helios
08-09-05, 06:01 AM
you know i'm up for it.

Tinnitus
08-09-05, 08:25 AM
hello, i saw some pic's of it yesterday and it looks amazing! cant beleave the amount of detail and other bit's you have stuck in! makes my map look very dull lol. you dont want to do the same to my tmpVSmac map :P, i'd better do it i need all the practive i can get at the moment cos im building an Assault map, was origanly going to be a speed map but im enjoying making it too much so it's going to be a proper assault map :D

Mitsukuu
08-09-05, 09:44 AM
Sure, we also need a download link for the map too :)

I would rather send it over MSN for now, if that's ok, because I only want a few people to test it out. I don't really want to make it publically available until all the bugs are fixed.

Thanks for interest though, and I will make screenshots available here.

Penguin
08-09-05, 03:47 PM
I would like to help :D

Sc00by
09-09-05, 11:56 AM
Me and Crip had a run round this, it's fun! Got some T and CT spawn errors and it crashed the (LAN) server at the beginning of the 10th round (sorry don't know why) Oh and Crip, who was playing on a virgin CS:S install didn't have the roof or column textures (didn't stop him pwning my ass mind ;) )

Mitsukuu
09-09-05, 02:59 PM
Me and Crip had a run round this, it's fun! Got some T and CT spawn errors and it crashed the (LAN) server at the beginning of the 10th round (sorry don't know why) Oh and Crip, who was playing on a virgin CS:S install didn't have the roof or column textures (didn't stop him pwning my ass mind ;) )

Ok, thanks!

I will fix the spawn errors, that's not a problem. However... i'm pretty sure the roof and column textures are nabbed from the original game content. And even if they weren't, shouldn't it automatically include them with the BSP file?
If you want to, Crip, I will use developer textures only on the columns and roof, and we can see if that's a temporary solution.

helios
09-09-05, 05:18 PM
Textures aren't included in the BSP file by default. most of us who have used the custom maps server have alot of extra textures because of the custom maps, sowe are not really a "Fair test".

I've had a run round, it looks good, and apart from the texture on the underside of the floor brush which u cant get rid of, it looks good.

Mitsukuu
09-09-05, 05:35 PM
Ok, well, I think I may either change the textures, or make them available with the zip. (I assume you'd need GFScape?)

Also, for the underside of the displacement terrain brush, I could add a thin /dev textured brush so it wouldn't look so ugly. Unfortunately, displacements cannot have "nodraw" textures applied.

Here's the stuff i'll be fixing next time I release it:

-- Textures
-- Bot Navigation
-- Lighting
-- Underflooring
-- Spawning errors

Although... not sure when it'll be ready, i've just ordered BF2 and it will be here in a day or two, so I might be spamming that for a while.

Thanks to everyone helping with this though, it's good that I can see where my errors are now! :thumbs:

Tinnitus
11-09-05, 12:03 AM
i look 4ward to fragging you on it once it's complete, keep up the good work...and dont stray to BF2, DoD out soon XD

Tinnitus
27-09-05, 04:35 PM
could you resend me the map...... i dont know if you still around on forum i nt seen u any where.

any 1 seen, or know where she gone?

helios
27-09-05, 05:36 PM
the ranks of BF2.....