PDA

View Full Version : Spectator Exploit?????

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
12-09-05, 08:48 PM
Guys, this new mod is completely lame. If your not happy with people swapping between spectate & team in order to afford more than a basic pistol why not just reduce the cash available to 800? Or just take away spectate all together (probably a better idea)

This means you use etb to move peeps to the losing team and then give them no chance of winning becuase they have no money. It's hard enough anyway to get a decent gun when ur on the losing team but by forcing them to the losing team and then making them start with sometimes absolutely nothing is not a good idea.

And I just got started in the middle of the game!! What's with that? surrounded by Ts and killed before I'd even had chance to buy secondary ammo. That was one of the good things about the server is that you start at the start of the next round, not when the rest of ur team are dead.

If your going to keep spectator exploit thing at least put a note on the server to let people know about it before they try it and die. Kind of unfair..

McBain
12-09-05, 08:57 PM
And I just got started in the middle of the game!! What's with that? surrounded by Ts and killed before I'd even had chance to buy secondary ammo. That was one of the good things about the server is that you start at the start of the next round, not when the rest of ur team are dead.
I have no idea what this, and I wouldn't expect it is to do with the spectator exploit.

But, yes, it is an exploit, I noticed a lot of people doing it this afternoon, yourself included. I have no sympathy for someone moaning because an exploit they use to get an advantage, has been stopped.

Plenty of times I join the loosing team, almost always infact. If I start with a pistol, np, I'll save for a round and buy a proper gun next round.

As for turning off spec, that means if someone goes AFK, they have no option to bring themselves out of the game for a round of two.

Penguin
12-09-05, 09:00 PM

thats part of CSS, it happens often with me on all the different servers I play on. What happens is *i think* is that the game lets you spawn as long as you are within the buy time limit, so its 90 seconds on the server I think, so you could spawn at anywhere up to 89 seconds, if you are unfortunate to join the server at that time.

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
12-09-05, 09:27 PM
Personally I still think it's lame, it would be an exploit if only I could do it. The fact that everyone has the opportunity to buy a half decent weapon actually goes some way to evening the game. And most of the time you still end up with a second rate gun, just one that's an improvement on the pistol.

However, there's no point moaning on about it if everyone thinks it's a good idea. But it doesn't mean I'm happy to be swapped to the losing team and have to spend 3 rounds running round with a pistol cos i'm saving. And a glock as well, I'd have trouble killing myself with one of them! (Lack of skillz I know, no need to post it)

McBain
12-09-05, 09:50 PM
Personally I still think it's lame, it would be an exploit if only I could do it.
Most exploits can be done by anyone. Take the thing on Assault. Anyone could go up behind the CT start point on the buildings... but they don't, or if they do, everyone moans at them. I actually think most people didn't know about the spectator exploit, or more people would be doing it...

Sc00by
13-09-05, 09:54 AM
What's the spectator exploit? I see people join the spectators and then rejoin the team they were on a LOT (and damn was one of the 1st I saw do it :P ) I've always wondered why...

McBain
13-09-05, 10:01 AM
Having never actually done it myself, I can't be totally sure (I should probably have tried it) but I understand it basically gives you your starting money again... plus the rounds winnings of course. So if you've just died and you've got $200... join specs and rejoin your team and you've gained $1,200.

Sc00by
13-09-05, 10:12 AM
Ah OK. I assume that you've put a mod on the servers that stops people doing it? Sounds fair to me...

McBain
13-09-05, 10:14 AM
Basically, when someone does it, they get slain at the start of the next round and I think it announces they have been done so, for using the spectator expliot.

I know what your saying about a warning Damn It, but tbh, I think people will find out themselves, quicker than if I put it into the adverts or something.

Lestat
13-09-05, 12:46 PM
I am happy with this myself after playing a fair bit lately I still find my self at or near the top affording any gun i need without spec bug. Basically get better.

If you can't stand the heat get out of Lestats Way :D

Sgt. Stadanko
13-09-05, 04:23 PM
Wouldn't swapping to spectator void the current score you have???

..and I like the spectator option it means I don't have to leave the server if i'm havin dinner or anything!!! and some git always snaps it up if you leave.... and you can always use it if you suspect someone of some hax.

McBain
13-09-05, 04:47 PM
If you join Spec and come stright back, no you don't lose your score. If you join spec and rejoin after a round or two, nothing should happen to you. Mind you, if your AFK for a long while, I would prefer people disconnect... These days the servers are very busy with people wanting to join.

You can always buy a reserved slot for

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
13-09-05, 05:46 PM
Buy a reserved spot? Might have to look into that. Who get's kicked when the reserved spot person joins the server?

McBain
13-09-05, 06:03 PM
I believe its the last person to join.

Sc00by
14-10-05, 05:47 PM
:ranton:

This has just killed me... Stupid fucking thing. The phone rings just as the round starts - so I switch to spectators (dieing in the process) and deal with the phone and rejoin just as the round ends (with 4.2k in the bank) and then get killed for cheating :ranting:

:rantoff:

Crippler2032
14-10-05, 05:50 PM
has happend to me also but you cant keep everyone happy :/

McBain
14-10-05, 09:48 PM
Ok... so we've had this on for a month, stopping literally thousands of people cheating. Sc00bs gets slain just once.... hmm...

:roll:

:tongueout:

Lestat
15-10-05, 06:50 AM
LMAO

Sc00by
15-10-05, 07:32 AM
Ok... so we've had this on for a month, stopping literally thousands of people cheating. Sc00bs gets slain just once.... hmm...

:roll:

:tongueout:

Hey I just wanted to vent... Hence the :ranton: :rantoff: tags... Jesus a man isn't even in a position to vent some anger without the holier than thou squad rolling their eyes at him. :roll: :tongueout:

Of course you could've just set the starting money to 800 then people would also be less inclined to cheat - oh and we wouldn't have people running around the 'pistol' round with TMPs... ;)

I'd actually forgotten it was on, cos I've not seen anyone slain by it for ages, was just a bit annoying/surprising to be slain 'innocently'

dre
15-10-05, 08:45 AM
Ive been slain once when i used it because u thought i was goin 2 be afk for couple of rounds. But i still think it is pretty fair

Elmer
15-10-05, 11:03 AM
Its worth having it on just for the amusement factor of the guy posting to complain that me couldn

AGTDenton
15-10-05, 12:44 PM
I must be quite lucky or just not met the laws of the slain mod. i've joined speccy a few times to grab a biscuit or answer the phone, rejoined and not been slained, i am usually AFK for a full round tho...

helios
15-10-05, 03:06 PM
thats why, people using the specator exploit normall rejoin in the round they joined spec.

Poo Bear
16-10-05, 12:27 AM
lol scooby