PDA

View Full Version : Remove Custom Maps?

McBain
18-09-05, 09:52 AM
Are there any maps you would like to see taken out of the map cycle? I think we now have a decent selection of maps, of which as far as I'm aware, everyone is quite happy with.

Of course it might just be that the matter hasn't been raised... so, are there any maps you really, really hate? Let us know here. :thumbs:

z0na
19-09-05, 07:38 PM
can you name them all here mc bain?

thx

Mincemeat
19-09-05, 08:53 PM
zone industriale..remove it pls.

helios
19-09-05, 08:55 PM
fun map, but yeah, its a bit of a drag

Penguin
19-09-05, 09:06 PM
no!! thats a really popular map- I dont see why however.

however, the 007 map (cry) is often too big to play, as well as bank assault (if its still there) which is too laggy I find.

Sc00by
19-09-05, 09:32 PM
I agreee with the removal of zone industrial, the 2nd bombsite is largely irrelevant. Indeed I think I'd played over 52 rounds on the map before I even knew where it was...

Kbrothers
20-09-05, 04:59 PM
same- but i do like the map alot

FIDDY
08-10-05, 09:47 AM
i dont like zone industrial either..
it need removing
as well as some other rubbish 1s including;
cs_spetsnaz (dont know how it is spelt so please dont take the mess)
de_view...it is pointless as it is far too big
cs_dracula is crap as anything so please remove it immediatly
that is all i can think of right now
cheers
FIDDY

McBain
08-10-05, 11:00 AM
Those maps wont be removed immediatly. This thread is for you to give you opinion.

De_view is in my opinion, and many others, one of the best custom maps available for CSS right now. People worry about how large a map is, but what really counts is the time from one bombsite to another. This isn't UT2004, your not suposed to be running round looking for people to kill. View only takes maybe 15 seconds to get from one to the other, infact there a couple of places you can see both bombsites... how can that be too large? And why would it be pointless? I can see a point?

Spetznas is not great, but some people do like it. Its basically just an assault map, which are usually very popular. I guess the arguement could be its a bit dark and a bit T biased, but then there are night vision goggles and I like a challenge :)

Basically, if you want think a map shouldn't be in the cycle, you're going to need to come up with some actual reasoning, rather than 'its rubbish' and 'its pointless'. Sorry.

z0na
08-10-05, 01:12 PM
i like the map spetsnatz. so i dont think it should be removed
hmm i cant realy remember the map view.

helios
08-10-05, 01:43 PM
only maps that people like tend to come up as it is a "Vote for the next map" server, so people try new maps, and if they aren't liked, they don't get voted for.

Ones that seem popular - View, spetnaz, assault2005, assaultvilla and a few others.

dre
09-10-05, 03:03 PM
Yeh i agree that spetanez is a good challenging map and i fully agree with mcbain's thoughts about view.