PDA

View Full Version : British Friday/saturday Tv

overkiller
08-10-05, 12:22 AM
Im starting to get bored with TV now, Allthere is on are documentrys on how old people live and fart in there homes. Ant 'n' Dec are now 100% gay and my friday night is now boring as crap :( I only have FreeVeiw so its boring:(

(Just thought i would get this off my chest:) )

McBain
08-10-05, 07:41 AM
In this day and age it seems you have to have Cable or Sky to have any chance of being guaranteed something interesting to watch.

What sort of TV do you like? Have you thought of downloading some of the better shows and watching them on your PC?

Btw, we have a TV forum... so I'm moving this there...

pitchblack
08-10-05, 08:05 AM
Even on sky i have spent countless nights flicking through and not finding any thing so i go bed.
Yea use your pc for video stuff.

McBain
08-10-05, 08:08 AM
Well myself, I enjoy comedies. Take any time from 8pm through to about 2 am and I could probably find something I would enjpy. There are now 3 Paramount channels, 1, 2 and 1 +1hr, that almost always gives me something to watch. If I can't find anything there I head back down the channels to the UK Gold channels, of which I think there are now about 4? UKG1 and 2, then the same +1 hour.

pitchblack
08-10-05, 08:16 AM
Yea same but i don't like paramount so i end up on ukgold.

Sc00by
08-10-05, 11:16 AM
I have several million sports channels so on the odd occasions when I'm allowed to hold the remote control (like when Mrs S is in bed or out ;) ) then I can normally find something sporty to watch, or failing that - I quite like watching the Poker on TV...

pitchblack
08-10-05, 11:18 AM
Well my dad hates sports so i dont get any sports channels :(

Lestat
08-10-05, 11:24 AM
I only watch one thing on telly that is soccer am. Everything else comes through my computer :)

Fat Tony
08-10-05, 02:23 PM
Im obviously the only one here who doesnt really watch TV arnt I?
When theres nothing on TV when i do watch it I just watch a film :D

Bounty Hunter
08-10-05, 03:05 PM
OMG Scooby How can you like watching Poker. I have sky and when I skip through the channels the only programmes that are on are repeats of Bullseye, then theres that annoying programme Takeshis Castle oh and lets not forget Poker, Poker and more Poker.

Scooby is the Devil Fish :x

McBain
08-10-05, 03:25 PM
Im obviously the only one here who doesnt really watch TV arnt I?
I don't either really, unless I'm going to bed and watch something to watch with my milk and cookies ;) Of course I watch Eastenders with the other half... I need something we can do together :side: :lol:

Sc00by
08-10-05, 03:55 PM
Law and Order: SVU and old CSIs (or old to the other half anyway) as I can just about watch those...

Eastenders is a fate worse than having your eyeballs removed through your rectum.

pitchblack
08-10-05, 04:01 PM
Poker is goooooood, and so is eastenders, cant wait for the mitchells to come back

helios
09-10-05, 11:56 AM
i agree with sc00bs on the "america's finest" (as 5 calls them) programs.

But, i'd also add startrek (TNG > Voyager) and a few other sci fi things, but generally, TV is utter crap these days.

AGTDenton
09-10-05, 12:03 PM
I have to say I like Freeview. If I bought Sky id never play CSS, and that would be a disaster. oh btw Kerrang is coming to Freeview :D

I admit im not a major fan of TV and I generally just get the best things on DVD.

Currently watching Jack Osbourne thing, Rock School, sometimes CSI or stuff like that. actaually Men and Motors always has some good classics on like Police camera action.

helios
09-10-05, 12:29 PM
Kerrang radio or TV? if its radio, its already there :D

AGTDenton
09-10-05, 12:29 PM
TV ;)